Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Honestly the worst thing is 'scifi worldbuilding' where everyone just kinda decides that humans are most important and aliens are bad blahblahblah here comes Punch Rockgroin.

please give me my award for making the next star district effect

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I think my favorite artist insert has gotta be Nihei Tsutomu. It certainly makes sense that he's a beetle in a hoody, what with the range of terrifying things he draws.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Using 3D models for rotoscoping can be useful but you never want to use Poser models to try and create anything. You limit yourself tremendously by trying to perfectly recreate something, it's meant as a guideline too loosely gently caress around with, not a crutch. Make something simple to act as a guide for proportions and stuff, that's honestly all you need.

Why the gently caress elsa of all things though

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jul 28, 2015

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Actually thinking about it I did some rotoscoping poo poo that was pretty pretty much a trace too but the difference is I made the thing myself and planned to use it for animating and frame-checking poo poo. So i guess there's a bit of a Caveat there, assuming you have the skill and patience to go that far.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
It's like the line Yoda says in Phantom Menace to anakin about fear leads back around to fear except that wasn't the intention of the line so it makes him sound really dumb.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

if his art wasn't cheesecakey in the first place I wouldn't have said anything and he has been incredibly stubborn about it and only replies selectively so it's impossible to have an actual conversation with him

I don't get how not wanting to talk about something that's a non-issue is being 'incredibly stubborn'. if anything, aren't you being overly insistent?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
THAT'S NOT THE THING I WAS GONNA MAKE A COMIC ABOUT OH MY GOD

Troposphere posted:

it's not a non-issue, it's something that taints all of his posts which is why people other than me have called him out on it

but thank you for weighing in, robot titty man

please stop trying to tell everyone what subjects they are allowed to draw in your eyes, hope this helps!

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

people can draw whatever they want, but it is good to be aware that when you put your drawings of robots covered in jizz out into the world for everyone to see, some people will have opinions about it and voice them.

says the one that tried to completely derail a forum adventure comic into wailing about such things.

there's voicing your opinions and trying to shove them down someone's throat. (nevermind my extreme anti-minimalism kick)

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

if you don't like someone coming into an art group and shoving their fetish j/o material down your throat you should just shut up and take it

Notice how that never happened again
Also notice all it did was prove how easily upset you are over things that aren't even that big a deal.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Hello my name is Troposphere i butt into threads about art mediums I don't practice and hyperbole all over the place. also I make everything out to be jackoff material because wowee I love to find sexuality in everything

Afraid of Audio posted:

Won't someone please think of the jerk off artists who desperately claim they are not jerk off artists.

I never claimed I don't draw weird poo poo. I claim that I only posted it here once and p much only because this person was whining.

Diabetes Forecast fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

sweeperbravo posted:

The forums "ignore" feature may be of interest to you if you find Troposphere that despicable

I didn't even know that was a thing. thank you.