Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i press my webcomic perfectly flat between my heaving bosoms. it flutters sadly to the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
no! this can't be happening. my dreams, ruined. my ambitions, ruined. i stand naked and bereft with my anus spread like a butterfly's wings. farts flow rapid and loud. i am a hurricane. i am the force of the changing seasons. i am a woman, a leper, a soldier... and a mother.

chorus: glory glory hallelujah / glory glory hallelujah / glory glory hallelujah / his truth is marching on

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my comic is about a naked sprite who doesn't understand love

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

sweeperbravo posted:

what about Choo Choo?
well obviously there's a secondary cast, i can't just have a webcomic about one character, that would be obscene, you're obscene, how can you be so obscene get out of my house

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i promote my webcomic by showing up to the big-name expos in the nude and doing my special promotion dance, which is quite similar to my angry dance

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
that's because the species is extinct, as foretold by nostradamus

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i liked smackjeeves when i was using it, it would be great if they gave it a sleeker look

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
comics

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hey everyone let's talk process. do you do digital or traditional or mixed comics? what is your #1 go-to comic making apparatus? i've settled finally into traditional pencilling and inking with fineliners on pretty cheap craft card at a3 size, then scanning it and colouring it in photoshop. i prefer the look i get when i go all-digital, but get incredibly bogged down in the process because i have a thing about lines i draw not having flecks or bumps and i end up going to 200% view and meticulously smoothing everything down with a 5px brush so a single pretty simple and basic page takes me like 25 hours to do. i can't go to 200% view in real life so i can't do that and now that i've switched to fineliners i can still make sure everything's smooth and it's cut my page time down to ~8 hours. colouring in photoshop is great because if you just throw a low-opacity nicely-coloured multiply layer over everything it looks like you put all this hard work into figuring out a colour palette when actually you didn't do poo poo lol

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
don't get too overexcited with the multiply trick or your art will end up looking like my webcomic 3 years ago, which always kind of looked like you were viewing it through a glass of raspberry cordial

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Mercury Hat posted:

Some finished pages:

your linework is so silky smooth and i want to eat it :qq:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Mercury Hat posted:

This is a double post on purpose to say Clip Studio Paint has gone on sale like it usually does: Get the standard program for $25 or the full fancy-pants program for $79.

It's my main program and I really love it, it has some neat built-in tricks like screentones and perspective rulers. There's a free trial available, too.
thanks for letting us know, i'm going to buy it :toot: i will no longer be a digital outlaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
wtf this program is so good why did nobody ever tell me heaps of people told me, i'm just a tightwad