Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

souls are one when entangled in the battlefield of pure friendship

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5

This is the last comic project that I've done. The artist I was working with got too busy, so it couldn't continue. I really would like to finish it at some point, but I've never really gotten any feedback on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

souls are one when entangled in the battlefield of pure friendship

John Liver posted:

I ... don't know what feedback to give you? She's a horndog, he's depressed, they argue. That's a conversation, but it's hardly a concept. Where would the story go from here? Its tone (as such) is resting somewhere between sex comedy and depression drama ... sex dramedy?

Having it drawn in binary with flat shading lends it a weird, lo-fi quality. It's reminiscent of our CYOA forum games actually, is that intentional? The characters are expressive, but pretty generic anime style, and the panel layout isn't interesting. Top to bottom, lots of centered and symmetrical composition, you could stand to change those up. The lighting isn't terribly inventive either - it's dark, so it's shaded a pale navy gray? The artist can do better than that, for sure.

That's really all I can glean from just 5 comics, is there any more to show or tell?

The rest of the story arc is written out and all the thumbnails/layout stuff is complete, but the artist herself is busy with other stuff so I'd have to do it myself (which isn't a problem, but it's time consuming). As for the color palette stuff, I hadn't really thought about it. I didn't give the artist enough direction on how that should be presented, but then again, I didn't even realize until now how drab it looks. I will say that having it look lo-fi was intentional, but it could be lo-fi and still be colorful.