Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~
I know what the correct answer to this question is (just host it yourself you cheap lazy old fucker) but does anyone have any experience with manipulating a free WordPress site into becoming an acceptable way to host a comic? My attempt is here http://vigilsforfriends.com/ and it works for me, but it's not the proper webcomic format with the buttons you expect and so on. I assume it puts people off and that's the reason I'm not rich and famous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavoyTruffle
Jan 20, 2005

~~grief is good~~
I've got 215 strips of my comic. Apart from one big arc in the middle, I do little stories of 20 strips. I know what the next one is, which takes me to 240, and have vague ideas for the one after that. I still love making the comic and my small number of readers seem to like it a lot. I don't have huge ambitions for it though, and I don't know how much longer I'll keep it up. Maybe it'll be a more occasional thing in the future. I'd like to keep going to 500 or 1000 but I won't force myself if the ideas aren't there.

I think about when I started and was knocking out multiple strips a day, compared to now. My art has improved a lot but that means they take a lot longer to do. To keep the spontaneous energy going I try to sketch and write each strip quite quickly, then go back and make it look 'good'.

This is a great hobby to have and it's by far the most committed I've ever been to a creative project. Also I've met nice people online. Webcomics are fun.