Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Hey look at that. Looks like the folks behinds hiveworks have released their own cms for comics! I'll be looking into it this weekend.
https://twitter.com/comicctrl/status/1350139598110916615?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I'm glad you found something that works! Doing a different format or playing around with a different medium than you're used to can really help jumpstart the old art muscles, for sure.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Congrats :toot: .

I've gotten it in my head that I should provide transcripts / descriptions of my comic and for some reason I didn't think it would take that long to type up the 40-something pages I've got drawn so far :sweatdrop: . It's something I've been meaning to do for awhile now, and better now than when I'm 140 pages in, I guess.

Anyone else done anything like transcriptions for accessibility?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Bold of you to assume my comic's entertaining to anyone in the first place :smug: .

But on a serious note: as I've been exposed to it and read about it, the more I've learned that offering accessible options is generally a good thing. I don't know who in my potential audience will find transcripts and descriptions useful -- maybe no one will! -- but if it can help someone enjoy what I've made, then I'm happy to offer it. Maybe it's someone wanting to read along with their sighted friend, maybe it's someone who doesn't speak English well and needs an easier way to look up words, maybe my handwriting font is just hard for someone to parse for whatever reason, who knows.

My art is important to my creative process, and I wouldn't be doing this as a comic if I didn't think there was something inherent to the medium to let me tell my story, but I've also got the time and I'm willing to put in the effort to implement this other way of experiencing it.

And this isn't a post to try and persuade anyone into offering transcripts themselves. Some things just aren't going to be easily adapted, after all. I just wanted to see if there was much discussion about the topic.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Hell yeah, I think there's a lot of room for stuff like illustrated prose to find a home online. It's something I've been tempted to do too but I don't have the motivation to spin that many plates in the air at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Hell yeah, good luck :slick: !