Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

So Chris Weidman has never been defeated and Fedor Emelianenko was defeated many times, mostly by Bigfoot Silva, who lost to Andrei Arlovski, who also is great. All what I'm saying is UFC 187 is proof that Chris Weidman is a great fighter and Andrei Arlovski is a great fighter but Chris Weidman is undefeated and won't lose. Except maybe to Rockhold who provides an interesting challenge but if Chris Weidman beats Luke Rockhold then he truly is Fedor Emelianenko.

Win 13–0 Vitor Belfort
Win 12–0 Lyoto Machida
Win 11–0 Anderson Silva
Win 10–0 Anderson Silva
Win 9–0 Mark Muñoz
Win 8–0 Demian Maia
Win 7–0 Tom Lawlor
Win 6–0 Jesse Bongfeldt
Win 5–0 Alessio Sakara
Win 4–0 Valdir Araujo
Win 3–0 Uriah Hall THIS GUY STINKS THOUGH
Win 2–0 Mike Stewart
Win 1–0 Reubem Lopes

Post about your favorite Weidman wins. Mine is when he beat Vitor bElfort in like 1 minute and it felt good. I will update this when a gif is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Dangersim posted:

I don't have undying love for Weidman and think he's the coolest person in the world like some people here do, but he is extremely good at fighting.

Anderson Silva will always be my favorite fighter for getting me hooked on the sport. That being said Weidman is a worthy successor, more than I could have imagined.

You only need to remember that Chris Weidman originally wanted that fight versus Vitor to happen in Brazil. He was bummed when he couldn't do it in front of a Brazilian crowd. I love that dude's attitude even before you begin to examine his ability as a fighter.

He can buy all the expensive dogs he wants.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Trast posted:

Chris Weidman knows no fear.
Excellent post. I want to explore this a little more for a moment. What gives Chris Weidman no fear? Could it be that he's... invincible?

in back to back fights Chris Weidman shows his Aura of Invincibility. Few in the sport ever achieve it. in fact Fedor is the only other guy to ever be invincible. Dan Henderson never really knocked him out.

If you need any more proof, look at UFC store's official T-shirt for Chris Weidman last night:

http://www.ufcstore.com/catalog/product/Mens_Chris_Weidman_Black_UFC_187_Invincible_T-Shirt

• Locked thread