Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimbley Sweep
Jul 21, 2006

haggisforthesoul's mortal frenemy

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I haven't been to a Guitar Center in years, and I can't say I've ever had a good experience there. They did a pretty good job of making you feel unwelcome there thanks to snobby, elitist salesman, pushy sales practices, car dealership-like haggling, a state of constant customer surveillance (can I help you? Can I help you? Can I help you?), and a general dislike for the consumer atmosphere. In those respects, Guitar Center occupies a specific retail niche with the likes of Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch. The kind of stores that make you think "am I cool enough to be in here?"

The one in my town is the opposite of this completely and is very pleasant to go to. The only other real music store in town is Sweetwater (Fort Wayne) and their retail staff is pretty rude and act like speaking to a customer is worse than cleaning a toilet.

If Guitar Center goes down I'll be pretty bummed, I pretty much only buy used and i Iike being able to go into the store try something out and then having them order a used one from any another store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread