Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
I actually like the local-ish GC, but that's probably bias because I'm buddies with a couple people who work there, and it's always nice to piddle around with new gear. They have though as of my last stop-in really slashed merchandise, the new guitars are mostly just the same old stuff with even less of it, and everywhere else is pretty well shrinking as well. It's not exactly dead, but you can tell the staff is worried. I do hope that if/when GC falls, there might be more small shops around. The one closest to me is dinky and mostly carries low end Yamaha and Peavey whatnots, and while it's a nice shop with friendly stuff, they just don't get anything interesting in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

The Gasmask posted:

Yeah, ECMM used to focus on high end PRS, Gibson, Taylor, Rainsong etc stuff, but to compete with GC they started focusing on beginner gear only, and we ended up having to turn away tons of rich clients. It also didn't help that at some point the PRS dealership license got lost because Ed and the luthier were retopping cheaper PRS's and selling them as the 10-top high end stuff.

They were what.......I've seen some goofy Ed stuff, but they were really reselling that way?

• Locked thread