Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

The worst job I ever had was a summer job in southern Virginia scraping the paint off a gigantic iron fence so it could be repainted. It was covered in spiders, you had to grip each fence post with a metal brillo pad and just essentially jerk it off while spiders climbed all over your fingers, in 90+ degree heat.

Welp.

My submission doubles as worst/best job because it had two parts. I worked for a parks department in their summer program. We spent mornings watching kids and playing games with them. That was generally pretty fun. When it rained the kids went home and we sat around and played cards.

On nights and weekends we were responsible for cleaning the parks and managing the reservations of pavillions.

The worst part was picking up after people. What part of seeing a full trash can suggests you should cram more poo poo into it instead of walking 10 feet to the next one that isn't full? Now anytime I'm out somewhere, I'll hold my trash until I see a less empty can, knowing some poor sap has to pick up all the garbage laying around.

Anyway, the worst moment was kind of manufactured by my own lack of foresight. I was working a big event at our biggest pavilion. We had this big drum trash cans we would set out. I grabbed an extra one and tucked it around the side of the building, thinking I'd pull it out later and save myself some time.. only I didn't put a trash bag in it.

This particular event was a cookout for ~100 people with plenty of barbecued chickens. I came back to an unlined can full of half-eaten chicken carcasses. Finagling all that into bags was quite a disgusting feat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread