Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I sold used mobile homes.

The only people who consider buying a used mobile home, can't afford a used mobile home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Veskit posted:

Holy poo poo that's a thing? Were they even on property that would be sold along with it? Where do all the used mobile homes go?
They weren't on property. They were trucked over to this sales lot. The owner of this business had been a mobile home slumlord, and that's how he got into the sales business. This was in Ohio, so lot of extra land around, so I'm guessing people would just dump a mobile home on some part of a family member's land. I think mobile home parks will let you bring your own mobile home, in some cases.

Sucks that I know this.

He also made me call old leads, and see if there was interest. I made sure I was really, really bad at talking to people, so he didn't make me do this much.

To be fair, there are nice mobile homes. I think a lot of the newer stuff looks good and is better quality. But a lot of the older, dark, grungy homes are serial killer material.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

Pekinduck posted:

How much does a used mobile home go for? How decrepit can they get before you wouldn't sell them?
This was awhile ago, so my memory is a little rusty, but I think the cheapest was in pretty bad shape (in my opinion) and was still like $650. The delivery would have been at least $150, as far as I can recall. Horrible dark old orange carpet. It was always very dark in there, even in the middle of the day. I can't even remember the bedroom(s) because I hated going in it. This is the one that made me think of serial killers.

Eventually a young couple that was getting married bought it. Her dad showed up a day or two after the sale, demanded to know which one she'd bought, and was really angry, and berating me about how we could sell a home like that to someone. Hey, nobody forced your daughter into that home.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Sorry but most of these "worst jobs" are dumb kids mad because they have to do a thing that isn't fun.

Go loving work manual labor in hot and humid heat and you'll be loving begging to listen to the same clip or sort loving peas in an air conditioned room all day.
Sorry, having to read your posts is worse than doing manual labor in hot and humid weather.

• Locked thread