Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I was a kirby salesman for a week and one night went delusional because I didn't drink enough water after walking for 8 hours in some strange neighborhood. It was in summer also and pretty miserable. The job was so bad that when I applied for food stamps they said that the job was so bad that they wouldn't deny me because I had good enough reason to quit the job.

I probably still would have hated it if I sold one, even though the product was actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Kirbys really aren't that great though. Better than the $200 vacuums at Wal Mart, but not better than any comparable Serious Vacuum Brand like Miele or Riccar.

Sort of like how the stamped Cutco knives don't stand up to Serious Cutlery Brands in any meaningful way.

Like I said they're good. I don't think you could justify the price, but it's not on any level as cold calling debt consolidation poo poo level product. As a company though they're horrific and gently caress Warren Buffet for that... somehow.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Juanito posted:

I sold used mobile homes.

The only people who consider buying a used mobile home, can't afford a used mobile home.

Holy poo poo that's a thing? Were they even on property that would be sold along with it? Where do all the used mobile homes go?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Juanito posted:

This was awhile ago, so my memory is a little rusty, but I think the cheapest was in pretty bad shape (in my opinion) and was still like $650.

I genuinely can't tell if you forgot a zero or not. I don't think you did, but.....

650 :psyduck:

• Locked thread