Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I think you got your video numbers mixed up. Shouldn't this be episode 4?

Edit: Also you can just drop down the elevator to get into that secret area in firelink.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, I hosed a bunch of stuff up rendering and audio wise, so I re-did episode 1 which encompassed everything episodes 1 & 2 covered, then made episode 3 & 4 into 2 & 3. Also episode 1 was actually a test post from the tech support fort, that I got mixed up with the actual episode 1 I meant to post.

Basically, I messed up a ton of stuff, but it's all working now and the numbers were fixed. :suicide:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

When do you stream anyway?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tallgeese posted:

When do you stream anyway?

Tuesdays between 7 and 11 depending on when I cook my girlfriend dinner!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ah.

Well then, maybe I'll look for you tomorrow. Depends on my mood.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Your commentary on the latest uncut seems very close to the volume of the game, probably not a huge issue but something I noticed.

I am ready to invade this time with my strong man :getin:

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Koobes posted:

Your commentary on the latest uncut seems very close to the volume of the game, probably not a huge issue but something I noticed.

I'm watching Uncut #2, and it has the same problem. You two are basically impossible to hear over the game. :( You might also turn off system sounds while LPing next time; you have a few "dings" in there (2:35 jumped out because it was in the middle of your sentence).

I'll definitely try to catch the stream if I have time, that'd be the only way I could invade. :v: I swear, another Souls LP for the PC Master Race only....

I was listening to #1 while posting this, and the audio quality seems fine. (Then again, I thought it was good enough the first time, so, take that with a grain of salt, heh.) Only thing is, I can hear dogs barking a few times during it. The first time I figured it was just deliberate (you were chastising Lotus for an off-color joke, so I figured you were trying to make a "dog whistle" sound gag), but it's really noticeable around 22:40 and there's not really anything like that going on then. I can't tell if it's still happening in the other two videos, so just a heads-up, I guess! Looking forward to checking back in once you've got the next batch of audio problems sorted. ;)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks like I'm re-rendering another 6 videos tonight.

The dog thing is because we have a dog that never, ever shuts up and when we sound proof the room it'll go outside and bark next to the window. :( I normally will just re-record a sentence or two, but it's hard to check all the time.

I'll fix the audio issues tonight, and have new videos in time for tomorrow nights stream.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Koobes posted:

I am ready to invade this time with my strong man :getin:

:stare: 58 strength is a bit overkill isn't it? Scaling really starts to drop off after 40 from my knowledge.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space

ChaseSP posted:

:stare: 58 strength is a bit overkill isn't it? Scaling really starts to drop off after 40 from my knowledge.

Yes, that's quite accurate. Overkill :getin:

Also, 58 happens to be the highest strength requirement for 1H wielding in the game, so maybe it's about that rather than actual extra damage.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mastigophoran posted:

Yes, that's quite accurate. Overkill :getin:

Also, 58 happens to be the highest strength requirement for 1H wielding in the game, so maybe it's about that rather than actual extra damage.

Shame that the heaviest weapon isn't that great. If he goes full on though with it including armor :getin:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Computer rebooted during rendering last night :suicide:

It would be easier if it wasn't a 4 hour process for each video, anyways, I'll get the fixed audio up either tonight or tomorrow depending on my patience with the video game.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

ChaseSP posted:

Shame that the heaviest weapon isn't that great.
It really deserves to be better given the requirement.

ChaseSP posted:

If he goes full on though with it including armor :getin:
I'm all for this cosplay though.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

It really deserves to be better given the requirement.

I'm all for this cosplay though.

It's still a pretty good weapon. There's just better great hammers out there you can use. That do better damage at the same str level with much less of a equip load size.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Streaming in 20 minutes

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Ah poo poo I'm going to be unable to make it for a while then. I was hoping to show off the big brother of the club.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After a slew of technical issues that make me hate myself, the stream is live!

http://hitbox.tv/Turtlicious

Final level is 38 :D

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 3, 2015

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also have you considered keeping an uptake on your characters level for people interested for interaction?

GlassLotus
Mar 16, 2014

I once got a fortune cookie that said "Ask your mom". I've also gotten several blank fortune cookies... I guess that explains why I'm broke.

Wayne posted:

I'm watching Uncut #2, and it has the same problem. You two are basically impossible to hear over the game. :( You might also turn off system sounds while LPing next time; you have a few "dings" in there (2:35 jumped out because it was in the middle of your sentence).

I'll definitely try to catch the stream if I have time, that'd be the only way I could invade. :v: I swear, another Souls LP for the PC Master Race only....

I was listening to #1 while posting this, and the audio quality seems fine. (Then again, I thought it was good enough the first time, so, take that with a grain of salt, heh.) Only thing is, I can hear dogs barking a few times during it. The first time I figured it was just deliberate (you were chastising Lotus for an off-color joke, so I figured you were trying to make a "dog whistle" sound gag), but it's really noticeable around 22:40 and there's not really anything like that going on then. I can't tell if it's still happening in the other two videos, so just a heads-up, I guess! Looking forward to checking back in once you've got the next batch of audio problems sorted. ;)

Sorry about the dog, we have a shetland sheepdog which are excessively vocal and what you're normally hearing is her being let out into the backyard/being brought back into the house, or someone coming home.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I built a machine just to render the videos so it stops slowing down my main rig, now I grab all the videos / audio and send it to my render-rig that night, then I edit on the render rig, WATCH IT BEFORE I UPLOAD IT (i have not been doing this,) and then throw it up on youtube. Good news, in the future we will not have issues!

Bad news? I have to re-render the first 3 episodes / 6 videos so that the audio fixes show up. This'll take about 2 hours per video since I'm cranking the quality a bit!

Tomorrow everything should be re-rendered, then I'll record audio for episode 4 and get that uploaded.

THEN! then, I'll record the next 3 - 5 episodes with lotus and it should be time for the next stream.

I'm posting this schedule more to hold myself to it then anything else, I also work a full time job. I'm starting to understand why LPrs throw up patreons. this hobby is work yo.

Quaternion Cat
Feb 19, 2011

Affeline Space
If you're just fixing the audio, is there any reason you need to reencode the videos?

edit VVV Megui also has muxer guis in it that can do this, if he's using that.

Quaternion Cat fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 4, 2015

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Yeah, if you're just dealing with audio, you don't need to re-render. If you're comfortable with command-line stuff, you can apparently change tracks directly in FFMPEG. I haven't used it yet, but I bookmarked MKVMerge if I'd ever need it; there's a GUI version out and it basically pops open the tracks in an MKV/MP4 container and lets you change the audio ones without re-encoding the whole thing.

GlassLotus posted:

Sorry about the dog, we have a shetland sheepdog which are excessively vocal and what you're normally hearing is her being let out into the backyard/being brought back into the house, or someone coming home.

Gotcha. Heh, I'm not a big dog person; but Shetlands are one of the few breeds I do like. Probably thank Lethal Weapon for that one. :D

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm using Sony Vegas, and I'm self learning, so if there is a better way let me know.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone who was waiting to see if I fixed the audio, all 3 videos have 100% audio issues fixed.

Also we were going to have a guest next video, but it looks like they're not available, so a new video will be showing up soon! (give me a day or 3)

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Audio is doing much better, yes. Now that I can hear you, you did explain what the system sound was (an invader notification). That's pretty cool! Also jealous about how quickly phantoms spawn in the PC version, it takes like 30-45 seconds on console. :(

The phantoms do make the LP a little less entertaining, since the levels aren't adjusted at all and the bosses just can't keep up with the additional firepower. If you're using DSFix, is there a way to put the game in NG+ if you're going to be doing that? That would also open up Gravelord shenanigans as well as red orb invasions. Just an idea!

I don't have a Steam account at all (DRM! :argh:), but I might Try: Hypocrisy and see if I can get my brother to get the game so I can join in (since all the Goon Souls stuff is on PC).

Are you going to be streaming tonight?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Well if anyone is interest in picking up DS 1 for the PC to play with you, it's on sale for $5 over at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Online-Game/dp/B00917DBUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433877754&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+souls+pc or I think the Steam sale should be starting up soon enough.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've got like 6 videos to do audio before, so I want to get those posted in the thread before I stream again, I try to keep a bit of a backlog but I got a bit ahead so we need time to put out votes and stuff.

Also yeah, DS for 5$ If someone posts something coll ITT: I'll buy it for them as well, Why? because I'm not streaming tonight and I still want to interact!

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Wayne posted:

The phantoms do make the LP a little less entertaining, since the levels aren't adjusted at all and the bosses just can't keep up with the additional firepower. If you're using DSFix, is there a way to put the game in NG+ if you're going to be doing that? That would also open up Gravelord shenanigans as well as red orb invasions. Just an idea.

Well we're reaching a point in the game where it will be invasion city soon, partly that have been helping him. Smogh is gonna have some fun.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New videos.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 10, 2015

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

New videos.

You mention that someone who invades you has a black sorcerer's cap, and its not in the game. You can actually get this set, its hiding on a corpse in Sen's fortress

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Well, I don't have any artistic skill per se, but I can sling PhotoShop around a bit. Beware geeks bearing GIFs and all that....

Nito, since everybody digs him....

Immortalizing the elevator stare on Petrus....

And an avatar. I was going to do a Nito avatar, but it moves around in frame too much for it to look good. Let me know if you have any requests!

As for the LP, do you put the dog(s?) up right before recording? It seems like the barking is worst early on in episodes 1 and 4 and gets a bit better later. Still a problem, though. Also, the redone videos skip straight from Firelink to the Sunlight bonfire, there's no Burg or Taurus Demon (and thus no explanation for how you got the Black Knight Sword, heh). You should probably renumber the videos and put them in a playlist, and maybe rename the old ones or make them private or something so it doesn't confuse the audience that clicks a link to the latest video, then goes back to see the earlier ones (which since you're not doing a table of contents, will probably be most people ;)).

Oh, and I didn't see anyone point this out already; Petrus had nothing to do with you getting 10 flasks. That's because one of the early DS1 patches made all the Firekeeper bonfires come pre-Kindled.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You know what'd be swell? Links to individual videos in the OP.

You know what'd also be swell? Links to youtube playlists actually working.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Fun fact with reinforcing estus flasks, fire keepers will take a certain special omr over regular ones you find so be careful about that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wayne posted:

Well, I don't have any artistic skill per se, but I can sling PhotoShop around a bit. Beware geeks bearing GIFs and all that....

Nito, since everybody digs him....

Immortalizing the elevator stare on Petrus....

And an avatar. I was going to do a Nito avatar, but it moves around in frame too much for it to look good. Let me know if you have any requests!

As for the LP, do you put the dog(s?) up right before recording? It seems like the barking is worst early on in episodes 1 and 4 and gets a bit better later. Still a problem, though. Also, the redone videos skip straight from Firelink to the Sunlight bonfire, there's no Burg or Taurus Demon (and thus no explanation for how you got the Black Knight Sword, heh). You should probably renumber the videos and put them in a playlist, and maybe rename the old ones or make them private or something so it doesn't confuse the audience that clicks a link to the latest video, then goes back to see the earlier ones (which since you're not doing a table of contents, will probably be most people ;)).

Oh, and I didn't see anyone point this out already; Petrus had nothing to do with you getting 10 flasks. That's because one of the early DS1 patches made all the Firekeeper bonfires come pre-Kindled.

How do you want that free game?

I fixed the playlists link but whenever I try to paste a youtube link it auto parses them, posting the video, and I feel like that would clutter up the OP too much, what are your guys thoughts?

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Never hurts to individually link each episode in your second post and pop the latest at the top of the OP or something. Also would be nice if you could post the new video in your reply saying there's a new video, so we don't have to backtrack to the OP.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I had to paste the vids into paste bin first, write up the code, then paste it into the post, all future posts will have the episodes in them!

Ontop of that, I've got my audio / video issues worked out, which is good news!

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Turtlicious posted:

How do you want that free game?

Hey, a win by default is still a win! :toot: I just made a Steam account (The_Right_Wayne, I was pretty much stuck with it on PSN so I decided to roll with it :v: ), since that's where it seems the party is. I'd have just sent a message to you, but it looks like you can't do that until you've spent at least $5.

And thanks! :)

Table of contents looks good, I'd still splice in the old video 2 (since your current playlist cuts out the entire Undead Burg) and renumber them, though.

Turtlicious posted:

Ontop of that, I've got my audio / video issues worked out, which is good news!

Sweet. :D I can commiserate a bit on that front, I'd been trying to get back into streaming last week and having horrible audio problems, and it turns out that in the intervening months of disuse my USB mic just... went bad. Like ground beef you forgot in the fridge or something. I seriously spent part of 3 days troubleshooting only for the obvious problem to be the right one. Now I just have to hope Radio Shack can reprint my receipt from October because I sure as heck didn't keep it that long.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spliced in the lovely video of undead burg, :doh: I knew I forgot something, at least when I'm done with this I'll be an LP wizard and won't have as many issues with DS2

I hope...

The_Right_Wayne? I need you to post your steamcommunity ID, it should look something like https://steamcommunity.com/id/turtlishus (except with whatever you set up at the end.)

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Hey, practice makes perfect, right? :shobon: So were you saying you put the wrong video in the playlist? Quality-wise they all seemed fine except the barking, which you wouldn't have known would be a problem at the time (it seems really random sometimes what environmental sound mics will pick up and which they won't, heh).

And yeah, I see what you mean now; I didn't realize the Steam Community thing was different. It's http://steamcommunity.com/id/therightwayne .

Heh, clicking on that link to test it, it defaulted me to French. :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There was an episode that got skipped, IE: from Bonfire 1 through undead burg.

• Locked thread