Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Please tell me you're using Cunifer, it's so much easier to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
They sell Cunifer at Napa, but you have to ask for it. I'm really not a fan of SS Lines, they don't rust, but they're a nightmare to deal with if you have to bend them at all. They also like to eat the seats of calipers and/or fittings.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Noise Complaint posted:

I'll have to bend a set using the Cunifer stuff then for sure. Thanks for the heads up. I'm probably going to wind up redoing the brakes with heavier duty stuff eventually anyway. I'd love to toss a Dana 60 and a Sterling 10.25 under there with all F-250 bits eventually. Honestly right now, besides fixing rotted poo poo, I was mostly concerned with getting rid of compression fittings the PO hamfucked his way into the brake system.

In other news, the core charge for the calipers I bought was double what the drat price of the calipers is. :wtc: NAPA

My favorite is that there's no way for them to know what calipers are being returned, so you could put anything you wanted in the box and get your $40 core. I had to do the same thing when I worked at AutoZone. We sold a guy a set of 300ZX calipers, which were dual-piston and had a very high core charge. He brought back some calipers that looked like the rears from a B3 Passat, these tiny single-piston horribly-rusted things dripping brake fluid. Of course, he got his $120 core charge back... no idea how corporate handles things like that.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
So no more 3WD? :v:

• Locked thread