Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Emma from NXT maybe?

Yes, this - sorry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
All right, we have a Match card for tomorrow. You all voted to see a tournament, so that's gonna start. First round is a couple of Elimination Triple Threat matches. I actually rolled dice for the participants, but I also rolled dice to determine the match types because that apparently was something people wanted. You can find the tournament tree here. It looks really weird because I arbitrarily decided winners of which group will fight winners of which other groups before making the tree. But I'm sure you can still understand what's going on.

If you watched the above video you'll notice there's a couple matches that are 2 out of 3 falls. Upon testing those matches turn out to not really work as elimination matches. I swapped them for Finisher matches. Which means participants need to successfully execute a Finishing move to defeat an opponent. I set the Special meter build-up to slow

Match #1 - Buscus Title Match.
Fruitsniffer (c) - Interrupter Jones

Match #2 - Tournament Round 1, Group 1, Finisher Match Elimination
Face vs. Sterv vs. Frosty the Dragon

Match #3 - Tournament Round 1, Group 2, Finisher Match Elimination
Lazyfire vs. Danaru vs. Pyroi

Match #4 - Tournament Round 1, Group 3, Extreme Rules Elimination, Falls count Anywhere
Dash Rendar vs. anilEhilated vs. Mehuyael

Match #5 - Tournament Round 1, Group 4, First Blood Elimination
kalonZombie vs. Stichez vs. Succinct and Punchy

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 29, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
First match-up. It's gonna feel good to get back in the ring. anilEhilated? Mehuyael? Apologies in advance--I'll try not to beat you too badly.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm amazed that I actually need to show up for the first round. You should have just passed me automatically to the next one and let these two have a taste of victory at least once before their eventual defeat.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Just gonna leave my predictions. The survivors will be Sterv, Lazyfire, Dash, Punchy, Junpei, Jones, Jobbo and Owl.

I will beat Sterv, Jones will interrupt Lazyfire, Dash will beat Jobbo and Owl will beat Punchy.

Me and Punchy will win in the semifinals, and then I will be crowned champion in what is sure to be the most anime match ever seen.

E: Why is Jones fighting for the buscus? He's undefeated and I thought we sent jobbers to fight for it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I kind of gave up on seeing Meh win anything here when I saw he's going against Dash. But who knows, a possible scenario is Dash and Meh ignoring anil until Dash beats Meh, but Dash is weakened just enough for anil to sneak a victory out of nowhere.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Mehuyael posted:

Yeah I kind of gave up on seeing Meh win anything here when I saw he's going against Dash. But who knows, a possible scenario is Dash and Meh ignoring anil until Dash beats Meh, but Dash is weakened just enough for anil to sneak a victory out of nowhere.

This is how 90% of the elimination 3 ways I've seen in VGCW go. Although the finisher elimination matches should at least ensure the winner somewhat earns it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
We should totally team up on that clown.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

I'm fighting? Okay. I'll go pass out the character sheets. Big Scary Owl, Nuffkins, did you want the map to be a castle or a moon base?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

E: Why is Jones fighting for the buscus? He's undefeated and I thought we sent jobbers to fight for it.

Interrupter Jones interrupted Fruity's interview and IGgy promised him a chance to hug Jones. This is that chance. Just happens so that he has to fight for the Buscus that way.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Let me teach you a thing or two on who the REAL stars of this show are!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
HA! Y'all who think I can't handle two fighters at once are all going to eat your words after my match!

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

A first blood match? I'm great at being the first to bleed!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Is that Emma someone I'm supposed to know? If yes pics please. Otherwise I'll just think really hard of what a typical Emma could look like. (Once I get around to it)

We already have a dinosaur pretending to be a man. This is what he looks like. If you wanna be unique you may want to consider. Otherwise I'll try your thing (Again, once I get around to it)
Ahhhh okay fair enough, just do my second suggestion instead and have a dude that looks like Rorschach only with just the mouth covered if possible, not the whole head. Red hair and greenest-loving eyes.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

M'kay guys. I see how you wanna play. I can help
They are based off of the source of the relatively low quality screenshots you guys cropped.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Wait, how does a three-way First Blood Match work? Last one not bleeding wins? Does the first guy to bleed get kicked out and then it's a 1v1 match? Is the first person to inflict bleeding on an opponent the winner? What if it happens via a team-up? I am SO CONFUSED

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Wait, how does a three-way First Blood Match work? Last one not bleeding wins? Does the first guy to bleed get kicked out and then it's a 1v1 match? Is the first person to inflict bleeding on an opponent the winner? What if it happens via a team-up? I am SO CONFUSED

Last one to not bleed is the winner, since this is an Elimination match.
If it weren't Elimination the first one to make someone bleed would win.

I wanted those to be elimination matches because Triple Threats can take a long time if they aren't, since the AI will interrupt pins and submissions and basically every attempt someone else has at winning. Normally not a problem, but if there's several Triple Threats it can easily bloat the show from 1:30 hours to 2 hours.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

: Oh boy, can't wait for tomorrow! I'll get to know exactly who I'm beating in round 2! Jumpy may be annoying, but she can give some good pointers! Huh? What was that? Fighting... spirit? Do I have to beat up a ghost?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
How many groups from the tournament will fight tomorrow? Will it be all of the 8 or just 4 for now?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

How many groups from the tournament will fight tomorrow? Will it be all of the 8 or just 4 for now?

Just four. The show would take too long otherwise. There's always the option to add another if it turns out the matches go faster than expected.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A masked man and, what is that, a penguin? This should make for a great first round! Cheer me on when I make it to round two, alright?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Soon, they shall know the true terror of wrestli- What do you mean, another sodding insurance form? I build deathrays, I don- Oh... Contractually mandatory, you say? Ummm...

One day, wrestlers of the LPFWA... One... Day...

(Looking forward to Saturday!)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Danaru posted:

A masked man and, what is that, a penguin? This should make for a great first round! Cheer me on when I make it to round two, alright?

What are you supposed to be, a mountie? Kid, I've fought more interesting puffballs than you!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

IGgy IGsen posted:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing, how did you manage to get that face done? I had a lot of trouble getting even close to a lizard-like face for Lizard Wizard. I'd given up on getting anything that resembles it even slightly. The other ones are very good too.

Also: No offense on the Dedede comment, please. I tend to do things a little differently. Plus it gave me some inspiration on how to fix the face up a little (still gotta do that) because yours just looks much closer to actual Dedede.

I'm a bit slow to respond to this, but Ridley was made with very careful abuse of the head height/length/width sliders, the nose length, and the chin depth.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Pyroi posted:

What are you supposed to be, a mountie? Kid, I've fought more interesting puffballs than you!

: There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Oh boy, only two hours till the show starts and I can't remember where I put my pants and how I ended up in a dumpster. Phone's dead. Need to find out where I am and hitchhike to the arena.

Seeya on my hitbox channel in two hours. I'll make another post about ten to fifteen minutes before it starts.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Star Wars. Meow.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right guys, we'll be starting in 15 Minutes go here and warm up the chat if you want http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Punchy is Loki's stand.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy gently caress the glitches make this a million times better

also the CANADIAN SPACE PROGRAM TRIUMPHS OVER ALL

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Punchy, what the hell man? Where'd you stash Loki?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Show's over, here are the results:
Match 1: Fruity v. Jones
Winner: Jones

Match 2: Frosty vs. Sterv vs. Face
Winner: Sterv

Match 3: Pyroi vs. Lazyfire. vs. Danaru (finisher match)
Winner: Danaru (CANADIAN SPACE PROGRAM IS BEST SPACE PROGRAM)

Plot: Dash agrees to help Face next week for thirty bucks

Match 4: Dash Rendar vs. AnilEhilated vs. Mehuyael
Winner: AnilEhilated

Match 5: Punchy vs. kalonZombie vs.Stichez (First Blood Match)
Winner: KalonZombie (did not make anyone bleed this is bullshit)

Match 6: Jones vs. Loki Punchy?! vs. Midnightlight (first blood)
Winner: Loki
PUNCHY IS LOKI IS LOKI IS PUNCHY
CONFIRMED

Schir fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 30, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rated 5. The thread is complete now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:master:

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

Rated 5. The thread is complete now.
We're just getting started.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This is great and you're great.
We missed the opportunity to determine what LPFWA stands for this week during the stream. But here it is: Loki? Punchy? gently caress! What!? Aaaah!!!!!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

IGgy IGsen posted:

This is great and you're great.
We missed the opportunity to determine what LPFWA stands for this week during the stream. But here it is: Loki? Punchy? gently caress! What!? Aaaah!!!!!

I'm anxiously awaiting for the day that Punchy somehow replaces the referee in a guest ref spot.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

BFC posted:

We're just getting started.

I know. We still have the postgame.

(Seriously though, didn't catch the stream. Did the game display Punchy as Loki? If so, WWE 2K14 IN STORES NOW!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

I know. We still have the postgame.

(Seriously though, didn't catch the stream. Did the game display Punchy as Loki? If so, WWE 2K14 IN STORES NOW!)

Punchy came in to Loki's music, his nameplate said loki, Punchy fought an won Loki's match
A legitimate shoot in a video game in which everything is scripted.

• Locked thread