Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You had me at "Pizza Golem". Bookmarked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Junpei Hyde posted:

With flaming tables as one of the options. :getin:

This option should never be off.

Also IMPORTANT CHARACTER CREATION QUESTION: Is it possible to comprise a move set almost entirely out of throwing moves? Winning isn't a priority, I just want to be a human trebuchet.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

Every moveset consists of strikes, submissions and various grapples for each possible context (facing standing opponent, behind standing opponent, opponent on ground near legs, in corner, etc. Movesets are HUGE) Some of those context wont allow for throwing moves. The game also forces you to have some non-lifting moves which are automatically applied instead of normal moves to people much heavier to you. So technically it'd be possible to compose a moveset mostly what you want, but there are also some other moves that have to be thrown in if I find the right moves. We already have people with gimmicks such as only suplexes, punches or moves that look like hugs.

Perfect :unsmigghh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Name: Danaru
Your Twitter: @HetzerGonnaHetz
Appearance: As close to an RCMP Mountie as you can.
Type: Throwing people around like a human trebuchet.
Entrance Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvTCklQ-isI
Hometown / Country: Canada
Announcer Name: FLYING CANADIAN JUSTICE
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Face - Fights for JUSTICE AND ALL THAT IS RIGHT! Also pretty much incapable of cheating, even when the opponent is doing it, because that wouldn't be right. Bonus points for any Canadian stereotypes you can work in. Has a brother in the WVBA.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 25, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Junpei Hyde posted:

I just realised that the gimmicks of the people already on the roster may not be apparent, so here's lowdown on my dude.

As far as old LPFWA goes, all you need to know is there were two Junpeis, one male who looked like Junpei from 999, and a female who was super duper anime as gently caress. Like, some kawaii rear end poo poo, man. They're one person now, because reasons. Male Junpei is the one mostly in control. Mostly. Female Junpei (otherwise known as Kawaii Junpei or Jumpy Chan) still exists as the voice inside his head trying to corrupt him into becoming an anime. Again. Which sucks for him, because he's not even super into anime. Anime, to him is, and I quote, "OK, I guess." However, the influence of Kawaii Junpei can be too great sometimes, as seen in the shirt and entrance theme. He just wants to be a responsible moderator (I mod the original forum this came from, all none of you who care), but that can be hard when people consider you the biggest weaboo on the planet.

Please tell me Junpei is a face, and Jumpy-Chan is a heel, and he switches sides depending on whether he's normal or were-anime

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

It's amazing how difficult it was to get that relatively simple design somewhat close.

Perfect :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

LPFWA Entrances #2 (anilEhilated, Mehuyael, Danaru, Big Scary Owl, Dash Rendar, kalonZombie and Nuffkins in that order)

Oh my god the jacket has coat tails :allears:

Is it too late to change my entrance theme? I never realized just how long that build up was, and it doesn't work super well.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

I can either cut the intro or you can pick another song.
If you want any adjustments made It's basically never too late.

Not like WWE Superstars never change their gimmicks and entrances.

No the intro itself is great, I just never noticed how long the build up in the actual song itself is, it barely gets to the good bits by the time the intro's over :v:

Let's give this a shot instead

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

drat. I think I have to do that now. Everyone will get an alternate attire that is them with sunglasses.

100% in favour of this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A masked man and, what is that, a penguin? This should make for a great first round! Cheer me on when I make it to round two, alright?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy gently caress the glitches make this a million times better

also the CANADIAN SPACE PROGRAM TRIUMPHS OVER ALL

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:master:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Junpei Hyde posted:

Look, he really wants that loving title, OK?

Punchy vs Loki to determine who progresses is necessary now.

Seconded, Punchy vs Loki 1v1 to see who's the real Loki

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

IGgy IGsen posted:

What I did? Well. See, I turned the lights off and then I knocked Loki right the gently caress out and stashed him under the ring. The lights went back on and voila! I was there. I was even aping Loki's moves. I later realized that I'm twice as big as Loki and look completely different and stopped pretending.

It was probably easy considering Kalon, AnilEhilated, and Mehuyael cleaned out all the tables and chairs from under the ring in their match :v:

Also since my Finisher move is the CANADIAN SPACE PROGRAM :black101: can I change my Signature move to be a powerful punching move and call it the Canadarm?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kadorhal posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they removed custom stories from 2K15 is because it just kept bugging out in ways that not even the devs could figure out.

Characters replacing other characters after they've come down, characters stealing others' movesets up to and including finishers (yes Face used Frosty's finisher on him), win conditions for matches not registering while pins still counting despite being disabled, it all probably would have taken a full year or more to figure out what the gently caress was going on, so publisher decided they should drop that and just release what does technically work.

That's kind of sad because the glitches made this a thousand times funnier

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Schir posted:

Match 4: Loki vs. Danaru (flaming tables)
Winner: Loki

Awww that's what I get for missing it :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

EclecticTastes posted:

IGgy make the next PPV the International Food Throwdown to determine which country has the best food TIA.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Poutine is the only option :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Junpei Hyde posted:

So LPFWA is Zero Escape 3.

It's morphogenetic fields all the way down.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Good thing I followed my brother's advice and kept a flask of maple syrup on my person at all times. I'll be ready and full of energy to take that belt!

With that said, we're absolutely in crisis mode if we've run out of poutine, so I mean if you guys are cool with eating the penguin..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm happy with my stable considering I'm basically a closeted anime :v:

• Locked thread