Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Hey, would it be okay to submit two CAWs? Namely, one male and one female, simply to try and round out the Women's league a little more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'd prefer keeping it to one CAW per person. There's one exception in form of Rara, because she originally submitted a male because she would have been the only female at the time. I'd like to keep this the only exception to that rule

That's fair. I'll upload the CAW guy later then, as well as edit in gimmicks and whatnot here when I'm done.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
So I've uploaded my guy with the keyword LPFWA, it's Frederick Hope. Of course, this tells you nothing about the actual gimmick and whatnot, so

Finishing Move(s): They are a Consequence (Aka the Kinikku Buster from Ultimate Muscle because I am a giant nerd) and a Tombstone Piledriver, but I don't have catchy names for them.
Entrance Music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR7JZbdONs (I didn't know how to do this bit soooo yeah)
Other gimmicks, quirks, personality traits and stuff: Incredibly friendly guy who is just super happy to be here. Face, but so well-meaning and eager to please that all someone would need to do is ask nicely for him to do heel stuff. Likes his hair and his home-made Homestar Runner top, and will be mad if anyone insults either.

I hope this isn't too crap, just something I threw together and thought might be fun.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
As with any prospective tag-team, Freddie would be totally up for going with Lazyfire. Dude just wants to wrestle.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
So, I finally wrestled in my first match at the LPFWA, and it was AMAZING. Sure, that Lord Humungus guy isn't super nice, but those other guys looked like jerks, and Humungus was pretty nice about asking me. Plus, I made that guy tap out and it was awesome. Hot drat I am looking forward to getting to do more wrestling.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Sure, it may have been a dark match and I may not have won, but I got two people out of the ring and I got to wrestle! Man, being in the LPFWA is awesome.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
:Holy Gods of Wrestling. The Black's Championship Belt is back. A belt that means you can be challenged at any moment! If I were to take it, I would have to be prepared to wrestle at all times... I would be in Wrestler's Heaven! I must get it!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: That Gryph Hammer guy was alright. But now, I gotta get back to figuring out when to challenge Dr. Rath. I need that title! It's the purest form of Wrestling imaginable, wrestling whenever and wherever you are challenged! Wrestling Valhalla!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Yes! A triumphant return to the squared circle, and not only did I manage to wrestle, but I managed to get three of the six competitors out! I feel kinda bad for getting out IGgy though, since he's my boss and seems like a nice guy. Should probably lay off the booze though. But hey, that's what happens when you come against Freddie Hope when I am feeling the rush of Wrestling flowing through me, as QC found out when I threw him out of the ring! And now I'm guaranteed a match next week, and while I've never been this high up the card before, I know this: Win or lose, I am going to be having the time of my life, and I hope the other guy is too!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Guys!. Guys. We have forgotten the important point. Yes, the food is all gone, but that food was for the Pay-Per-View. If it's all gone... Can we still Wrestle?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

N-no... no caffeine? But... B-but... *looks at self* Oh hey wait a second my other job is working in a coffee shop so I'm gonna go do that for a bit 'kay bye!

: DCB, don't! Leaving the Lunar Base is a fireable offence, and if you get fired, you may never wrestle again! ...I think. Honestly, the contract I signed was just "Fred Hope: Wrestleman?" followed by fifteen pages of drunken scrawling. I have no idea what's in there, but I definitely think we can't leave. And that at some point someone needs to hold an intervention for IGgy, his drinking is a real problem.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo. I won. I won the LPFWA Championship Title!

Sterv, as my opponent, I must say this: Thank you. That match was, in the words of a great man, a slobberknocker. All of me hurts, and I'm sure it's mutual. And most importantly, we gave the audience one hell of a match. Matches like that are the entire reason we, as a profession, do this. Thank you for giving me the chance to create something beautiful. And I hope you get out of hospital soon. I know the Hope Breaker is a pretty powerful move, but an opponent of your caliber deserved nothing less.

And to the rest of the LPFWA: I hope everyone had a good Pay-per-view. All the matches looked great, and I'm already looking forward to Saturday's show.

Finally, I understand there was some confusion regarding the food I was representing, namely Piledrivers. I wasn't representing the wrestling move, although I do love them, but those sandwiches I make. You've seen me eating them, they're the ones that are a steak between two slabs of roast beef and given a big bready hug.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 4, 2015

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Eeevil posted:

Hate to break it to you dudes, but wrestling is basically just live action sports anime.

Then what is Ultimate Muscle, an anime about Wrestling? Double Anime?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
*Overheard in the locker rooms of the LPFWA*

: "Hey! Yeah, I know, been a long time since I called. Hard to get reception up here on the Moon. Did you see my match last week? I defended my title! Yeah, I know it was only against Zore, but still. I'm on top of the goddamn world. Couldn't be happier with myself! ... Yes, of course I mean besides that. I know, I know. Second happiest I've ever been. Anyways, I'm not on the card tonight, which is strange because it's a PPV. Word around the locker room is that something's going to happen, but I don't know what. So, might lose my title, might keep it. We'll just see who Wrestling blesses. Anyways, I gotta get back to preparing for tonight. And thank you for sending those flowers to Sterv, it's pretty hard to find flowers up here and I really felt bad for hurting the guy like that. I'll try and get back down to Earth and see you soon. I love you too. Bye!"

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Palpatine, you know why I beat you so fast in our match? Why, instead of the eventful and entertaining matches I try to provide, I just defeated you as quickly as I could?

Because I don't respect you. Because you don't respect wrestling.

You overthrew the head of the federation, instituted your own match card designed around making sure you looked good, tried to take my titles and even brought in a referee you thought would favour you. You acted without honour, without decency, and without respect to Wrestling. And when you disrespect Wrestling, you disrespect me.

And so, I say this: To anyone looking to make sure that "Emperor" Palpatine gets what he deserves, you have an ally in Frederick Hope.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 10, 2015

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Of loving course the one week I can watch is the first time Freddie loses a match. :bahgawd:

I'm coming back for it soon Flamander. I know I will.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Hey, IGgy, can I send you my lady character idea over PM? There's some character ideas that I'd prefer to stay with the writing staff if possible. Not in a creepy way, in a "OH WHAT A TWIST" way.

: And so my reign has ended. And honestly? I am okay with that. Wrestling is not a championship to fought over, it is a source of entertainment, it is a spiritual activity, it is a religion! Lady Wrestling has given you the skill and ability needed to defeat me where others could not, and all that I can hope for is to continue to be able to fight. Flamander, you have earned the titles and defended them against me. Well done, and keep wrestling!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

IGgy IGsen posted:

Now seal the deal by commiting the official Toxx Ritual (tm).

Speaking of, how does Toxx Party sound as the next PPV?

Sounds good to me! Curious what toxxes would be PPV-worthy.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

You toxx on match results, duh.

I get that, but it can't just be any old :toxx:. I mean, in theory, you could toxx yourself on any old LPFWA match. However, this is a PPV. These need to be Toxxes worthy of a PPV, a cut above your average Toxx!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
My only regret is that Freddie couldn't have all the titles at once! It's a shame to hear it's ending, and it will be much missed, but I can understand why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, looks like Freddie's star is on the descent.

IGgy, did you ever boost Freddie's stats? And if not do you think you could now (Not that it's likely to matter)

• Locked thread