Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Blind Sally posted:

Name: Dash Rendar

IGgy please force him to be my Face's tag partner once the thing with Midnightlight inevitably falls through.

Also, out of curiosity, is there a finisher called the Hangman's DDT in the game? If that custom thing I suggested on LPF doesn't work out so well I might want to switch to that, but I haven't really played any WWF/WWE games since the third SmackDown one so I don't know how long they may have kept poo poo like that around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Dash will work with Face.

For a price! Such skills don't come cheap!

The debut of my character in the original LPFWA had his AI bug out and refuse to tag in for his partner. If Dash ends up leaving Face to fight a tag match on his own because he was only paid to walk down to the ring with him and not to wrestle, it would honestly be too appropriate.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

lokistarwind posted:

I don't mind the team up, only thing is the name is Starwind. Not sure where killer came from. My character is based on the anime Slayers and not star wars.

He's talking about this guy, not you:

Trizophenie posted:

Name: Galen Marek
Appearance:
Announcer Name: Star Killer

Speaking of Star Wars team-ups, if Face/me is actually going to hire Dash as a third tag-team partner or whatever, I think that means I'm going to eventually need an alternate outfit replicating that of Han Solo. Still with the mask, but not the fedora.
just don't put the stripes on the pants, dash would murder me if he saw me wearing the stripes without having earned them

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

Man I just watched the video on youtube now.

WWE2K14: "No gently caress this, you can't tell me what to do! ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH"

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they removed custom stories from 2K15 is because it just kept bugging out in ways that not even the devs could figure out.

Characters replacing other characters after they've come down, characters stealing others' movesets up to and including finishers (yes Face used Frosty's finisher on him), win conditions for matches not registering while pins still counting despite being disabled, it all probably would have taken a full year or more to figure out what the gently caress was going on, so publisher decided they should drop that and just release what does technically work.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

We've had Loki versus Punchy for Punchy taking Loki's place, and moveset, and music after finishing the match.

We've also had Fruity versus Interrupter for attacking him during plot-time, during which the game referred to Fruity as Interrupter because this loving game.

I think that this means, between the rehash of Dash Rendar becoming Dick Rendar making it more of a two-on-one, and me stealing Lazyfire's name in the post-match plot for some reason, in the next week or so we need a rematch between just me and Lazyfire. Loser is unmasked to prove who's the true hockey mask-wearer.
We can also lump the fedora-removal match someone suggested in chat in with this one; if I win I upgrade to a cowboy hat, if I lose I just get rid of the fedora.
I should be mad at Dash, but I can't be. One, karmic retribution for my debut in the original LPFWA, even if losing something like ten out of twelve matches back then should have been enough. Two, it's just way too appropriate and I loving called it.

I've also got like three things to put under the stream already, but in the interest of not taking the space over entirely I'm gonna just put one for next week's show. This one seems the most appropriate given the contents of today's stream.

I might be good to actually get in on commentating over next week's stream, too. Just beware that my ISP's recently gained a tendency to work perfectly in lovely weather and then a couple days later drop connection for 80+ minutes for no reason, so don't be surprised if I drop from the call a minute into the first match and don't come back until the stream's over.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Oh, right, the thing today. Swear I need to set up an alarm about this.

So does that mean I'm de-masked now, or did Lazyfire never agree to that?
(funfact: missed the stream today because I was distracted watching an old Lazyfire LP)

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Dash, this is an emergency situation. I need your help in tracking and capturing Palpatine and his monster truck before he possibly maybe-kills a vague acquaintance of ours again. I know you're probably going to ask about weapons, and that's where I thought ahead. See, I've.... wait hold on.
okay cross out the original name... "FOR LAZYFIRE FACE AND DASH USE ONLY". Okay, we're good.
See, I've recently, er, inherited a big box of bullets. Your blaster can apparently shoot all sorts of weird poo poo, according to those stories you told me while we were signing contracts or something, I figured maybe it can shoot these too. Just don't get mad at me if we gently caress up your blaster beyond repair. If something explodes before it's supposed to I think i can get a replacement real quick-like.

realtalk I sent some suggestions for how to change up Face now that I agreed at the last minute to lose both the hat and the hockey mask along with the Superstar title (dropped in a trash can rather than given to Pomp, I imagine) and I would like to think people will like the new Face, but we'll have to wait and see.
I also have a new ad to put under the stream once the changes are implemented and I get booked again. I'd send it out now but it kind of gives away more than I want to.

Kadorhal fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 8, 2015

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Cool, the Organisation of Radical Anime's always accepts new members!

Yeah, we rebranded.

Am I in that ORA, am I allowed in? I mean, I have blue hair and conceal my face, I'm pretty much an anime by default. All I need is some sunglasses and another name change to something that vaguely sounds like a person's genitals later on.

Then I need to drop the face-concealing and reveal my plan to drop the moon on... wait, we're already on the moon. To drop another moon, on this moon. Yeah, that's it. Then I think I'll have reached peak anime.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

I, too, have recently been approached with an offer to join the ORA, and I must say I very much like the idea - a new look as I get rid of this mask and hat calls for a new set of allies. Now I won't name which ORA, the relevant party knows who they are and I'm certain the others won't care where my allegiance lies until I and my new partners are punching in faces more near and dear (or visible) to them, but I will say if contracts are necessary we can write them up and everything at... I dunno, a bar or something? I've been thinking of starting my own up around here. I don't know much about alcohol or the art of serving it, but I do know none of these other moon-based bars carry ruby bliels and I really want to know what that actually tastes like. I mean, I've heard the story from a guy about that stuff, just piqued my curiousity, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Yeah, sorry about that, Dash. I like you and all, but I'm getting into law enforcement. And, last I checked, you're technically a law-breaker.
lawbreaker meet jawbreaker... kick... boot. eugh no wonder I don't get storylines of my own anymore. That and all the hate the hat received.

Also, now that the changes I suggested are in place (and better than I thought, at that, gas mask fits surprisingly well), here's a new ad.

• Locked thread