Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

pls dont d0xx my vinyl fetish tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

just posting them together to see if they the same or what

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 384 days!
the writing onn the first keyboards keys are centered, but on the 2nd one, its not. different keyboards, OP

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the one on the bottom is a vortex poker 3. the one on the top is some cheap pos a new zealander is going to impulse buy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dude if the switches are solid the boards will be near identical, the similarities being more powerful than the differences

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

dude if the switches are solid the boards will be near identical, the similarities being more powerful than the differences

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

actually

pram that font is total pure poo poo. i fuckin can't stand it. its hard to grasp just how much i fuckin hate that font. as far as i am concerned its the survived abortion of the unholy communion of papyrus and comic sans

if it had a different font i would accept the vortex is a worthy contender. as it stands, its dead to me. a loving homeless mans poo poo, with cream poured on top

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

see this drop is active. its a good price and those front printed keys are badass. with the backlighting of the code, the fact they werent transparent wouldnt matter it would like sharp as gently caress

except for that fuckin font. gently caress i hate it

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I remember once you posted a retro looking keyboard with a nice font

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i sure have

most DSA profile caps seem to have taht font. its certainly suits the style

:eyepop:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
now that's what I'm talking about

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Symbolic Butt posted:

now that's what I'm talking about

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
there's zero fuckin excuse for a tiny keyboard on a desktop

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
feeling badass is a good enough reason

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
in the same way a brand new bmw owner feels badass in his idiot garbage car

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ie blissful

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

ie blissful

actually I use a full size OS X keyboard for both my pc and my Mac at work so I'm probably the worst offender

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

i couldn't work out what the purpose of that cover was so i had to look it up. i thought it was maybe a sneeze guard or a barf shield or something. it's actually a thing to silence your typing.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Symbolic Butt posted:

I remember once you posted a retro looking keyboard with a nice font

you buy those keys. echi is too mentally retarded to realize he just posted two vortex pokers

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
this screams "cold war military tech" to me and i like it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ahmeni posted:

there's zero fuckin excuse for a tiny keyboard on a desktop

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

I've got one of these and its great apart from its stupid name.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks like poo poo

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
all keyboards in here look like poo poo, the enter key is way too small

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

you buy those keys. echi is too mentally retarded to realize he just posted two vortex pokers

im not against pokers bro. in fact i see the 3 has a cast alu inium case which would be heavy as gently caress and therefore superior. i love that poo poo. just not gon pay for it

Maximum Leader posted:

all keyboards in here look like poo poo, the enter key is way too small

iso can suck my dick, ansi supremacy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phoenixan posted:

i know right?

even though i love the feel of my mech keyboard i make more mistakes compared to older keyboard where the caps were a lot less high. i wonder if those DSA caps would mean less errors as well?
wish someone like WASD would embrace them and bring the price dose

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

im not against pokers bro.

echinopsis posted:

if it had a different font i would accept the vortex is a worthy contender. as it stands, its dead to me. a loving homeless mans poo poo, with cream poured on top

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

i sure have

most DSA profile caps seem to have taht font. its certainly suits the style

:eyepop:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

whewre to buy this bb?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its not a keyboard, theyre keys. and theyre probably a group buy which means never again

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
where to get cool cold war look keycaps

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have a wasd brand keypuller :smaug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

its only the font that i hate man. also i forgot i posted that and contradictied myselgf. thansk for remdembersinug. anyway they keyboard is cool the font sucks, the pok3r 3 with dsa caps would be the dbest

pram posted:

its not a keyboard, theyre keys. and theyre probably a group buy which means never again

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dsa-dolch-key-set
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/dsa-gorton-core/

its possible it will come back. the DSA profile is pretty common for these group buys but most group buys are horrible themes likle

i dont like the f5 to f8 being a different colour.

im not against some nice colour and organge and grey are a solid combo but yeah

gone off the idea of a 60% though. kinda appealing towards a 10keyless for a DSA profile board though.

Smythe posted:

i have a wasd brand keypuller :smaug:

drat son im jelly. i use dental floss

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you know what you want and aren't completely blown away by the epic amount of choices

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oooohhh now look at that... not only is it small but it has arrow keys, potential page up AND down

AND ITS MOTHER FUCKIN WIRLESS

Varmilo VB660M

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

AND ITS MOTHER FUCKIN MAC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yeh thats nice mate

• Locked thread