Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechaStalin
Jun 13, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

In the hit videogame Call of Duty: Black Ops which more people will ever play than read any single propaganda article you go through all of Americas well-known atrocities except reversed.

Forget BlackOps the main series was all scare mongering over Russian nationalism. They literally combine Limonov's national bolshevik party with Al Qaeda into a super boogeyman. As if bringing the Soviet Union back would be a bad thing for the world. More things reek about EA than its poo poo buisness practices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaStalin
Jun 13, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I think MechaStalin wanting the USSR back is ironic, while most of the other posters are unironic but are making points more nuanced than "Yay, dictators!"

Not being ironic. If the USSR managed to reform its policies like China the world would be a more stable and prosperous place today. The Soviets would have never let the US get away with the crap they have pulled in the middle east. Things like massive heroin addiction and human trafficking that comes out of the former eastern block wouldn't be a problem. Places like Azerbaijan or Ukraine would be protected from economic colonisation by shaddy western interests. I'm sure I could go on.

MechaStalin
Jun 13, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

So you don't want the USSR back, gotcha, you want anime communism. Although I do agree that if they had reformed like China and opened up to free trade and markets like Hong Kong they'd have been able to keep limping along a bit longer.

WTF is anime communism, did you just call me a human being?

• Locked thread