Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
#floodedmycity #dwarffortress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

ya it's good u are welcome (dunno if I recommended it to you but I've been recommending it to everyone)

nice job getting your poop city really early it took me a while

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
i want an RTS game with a poop race :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pox
My city is 90% garbage dumps and the people demand more. This game needs Sim City type disasters to punish them.

tao of lmao

Pox posted:

My city is 90% garbage dumps and the people demand more. This game needs Sim City type disasters to punish them.

you can flood your cities with poop

Pox

MinorLeagueAllstar posted:

you can flood your cities with poop

Yea true, but I was hoping someone on Steam would have made volcanos or giant monsters by now.

Pox
There is lots of other good stuff on there though so maybe I'm greedy

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
ive legalized weed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scaly Haylie

you're welcome iirc

Mapparu

i'm waiting for the summer sale for a good deal but i really want to play it!
i guess sim city 4 will still hold up for me i guess.

i am he

it's fun but I stopped playing it

treasure bear

Welcome to grid-hell, population 243,000

Commie NedFlanders

this is an excellent thread

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

it's the best city poop simulator

Afro Doug

i needed a new game, so thank you for telling me to play it

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Nosfereefer posted:

#floodedmycity #dwarffortress

It's a fun game. Making roads that aren't backed up 24/7 is hard though.

----------------

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Cumt posted:

Welcome to grid-hell, population 243,000

I'm glad you used your gold for something good, friend.

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I should play dwarf fortress again. it's one of my favorite games

Scaly Haylie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

i want to play dwarf fortress, but the task of learning it is very daunting. can you recommend any tutorials or tutorial series?

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

i want to play dwarf fortress, but the task of learning it is very daunting. can you recommend any tutorials or tutorial series?

It's really a lot less difficult than it seems. I mean, basically, hit ? in game. It'll give you overview of the keybinds.

You never directly tell a dwarf what to do: You specify what you'd like to have happen and the game sorts out who should do it if they can.

You 'designate' areas for various things by pressing 'd', it'll give you a list of things you can do.

This is useful for your initial mining; Designate a path into the mountain, and some rooms, then you have some workspace. Then you just build some workshops, beds, tables, chairs, place them and you have the first bits of a functioning fortress.

People exaggerate how difficult it is to understand. Now organizing a military, I'd just check the wiki to get the details on that, it's complicated.

joke_explainer

I'm waiting for the update where you can petition to allow visitors to become citizens, and get goblin, elf, etc citizens... very cool stuff

I'll probably we waiting for another year or s o

Scaly Haylie

joke_explainer posted:

It's really a lot less difficult than it seems. I mean, basically, hit ? in game. It'll give you overview of the keybinds.

You never directly tell a dwarf what to do: You specify what you'd like to have happen and the game sorts out who should do it if they can.

You 'designate' areas for various things by pressing 'd', it'll give you a list of things you can do.

This is useful for your initial mining; Designate a path into the mountain, and some rooms, then you have some workspace. Then you just build some workshops, beds, tables, chairs, place them and you have the first bits of a functioning fortress.

People exaggerate how difficult it is to understand. Now organizing a military, I'd just check the wiki to get the details on that, it's complicated.

I'd feel better with a tutorial, but I really appreciate the advice. Now the real question is, what's a good and pretty tileset? I want my things to look like things.

Scaly Haylie

If there's not a current tutorial I understand, I guess. But seriously, gimme tilesets

Scaly Haylie

I mean, call me shallow, but crufty old letters-and-numbers art makes me ANSI

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Liz wiz, download the lazy Newb pack. It containsa bunch of tile sets and the game and some cool mods

Scaly Haylie

Liz wiz, download the lazy Newb pack. It containsa bunch of tile sets and the game and some cool mods

http://tinyurl.com/myobpvs

Miss Psychosis

I hate this.

Scaly Haylie

how do you hate beedle

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 27, 2015

joke_explainer

Yeah, you can pick it up at the DFFD. Which is now hosted on the dev's servers. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8936

Here's some tutorials: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials

It's a fantastic game.

saboten

did any of you guys play gnomoria? its really good and dwarf fortress-like and it's on steam

thank u bacalou

dogdisaster

by Lowtax

saboten posted:

did any of you guys play gnomoria? its really good and dwarf fortress-like and it's on steam

welp i'm sold

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

except it's still early access and it's almost always a bad idea to buy early access

saboten

nah its cool

e: and i think it was early access in 2013

saboten fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 27, 2015

thank u bacalou

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

early access was great when it was free minecraft and $5 mount and blade. :peanut:

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Get Prison Architect next time it's on sale. It's a neat twist on the whole management game when you can't trust your... uh... customers.

Setting up the perfect schedule to make high sec and protective custody dine at different times... making sure showers aren't full of angry inmates in the morning... having a some crazy rear end supervillain judo chop your armed guard and shotgun another even tho the armed guard was only there to specifically keep an eye on him...

Me when playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

still in 'alpha' so bugs here and there but it's pretty much feature complete.

Scaly Haylie

started watching captain_duck's tutorial series. things i know so far:

turn aquifers off

joke_explainer

I love early access and have yet to be burned on it. Sunless Sea, Invisibles Inc, Kerbal (though I played that before it was on steam), Xenonauts. All great games. I try to carefully pick my projects, but I'm not averse to getting a raw deal, it's in the TOS for early access ('DO NOT BUY THIS Etcetera in most) so you should be aware of that and not mad if they can't deliver what they didn't promise.

Scaly Haylie

will a world stop generating on its own or do i have to finish it manually

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

started watching captain_duck's tutorial series. things i know so far:

turn aquifers off

What?? Aquifers rule. Free water! Only a pain when you have 2 acquifer layers in close proximity Z-level wise, makes plugging them difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

captain_duck says they can be a pain for newbies though? hmm.

• Locked thread