Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Spiteski posted:

Just going to share a little annoyance I have found out today. I rang the bank to ask about the interest free and feeless overdraft account for students for myself, and asked if they would transfer the balance of my credit card onto the overdraft and then close the credit card account. They told me I can't do that be cause for the period of a few minutes where the overdraft and credit card coexist I would be over the 2000 debt limit for the student account. To do it I would need to open a 400 dollar overdraft and swap 400 from one to the other then apply to lower and raise each limit each time. What a joke. Going to ring another bank today and see about a student account and tell my current bank that I'll close the acc if they can't sort it.

This is blowing my mind. I've never heard of a specific overdraft account before. Every overdraft system I've seen offloads to checking/savings/presonal-credit-line/credit-card. In those cases you are using your own money or an interest accruing account to pay the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread