Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Today I watched an anime called "Red Data Girl." It is an anime about a girl who is also an endangered species, but none of that matters, because Brazilians are made from forbidden magic.

Okay i may have slept through part of it.

Sleeping through it is the modal RDG experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Grouchio posted:

Mari Kurihara: Sayaka Ohara (Alicia Florence in ARIA The Animation)
I think Captain Kobayashi from Sidonia might be a better comparison; I can't imagine Mari sounding like Alicia.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Fruits Basket is probably my favorite romance shoujo anime, but the manga is better and continues way beyond the anime. Actually, I think most of my love for it is due to the manga, so maybe just read that.
The show has fantastic music and comedic timing, and is often really well directed (especially the "Yuki fanclub visits Hana's house" episode, which is very Shinbou-esque). Everything up to the last half of the final episode enhances the source material.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

some little lover? i still cant understand poo poo of whats shes singing
I think it's "a smitten lover."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

the couple in midori days get together in the first chapter haha
Gotta hand it to you, that made me laugh.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Twiddy posted:

You know I didn't actually take a real look at the list, did they seriously just ban Date a Live II and not the first one?

This list is so weird.
They also banned the second season of Girls Bravo but not the first. Why they'd single out the second season of an unremarkable fanservice show from 2004-2005 for a ban I have no idea.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Meme Emulator posted:

Recettear would have been 10x better if there were rare and expensive ingredients hidden in the dungeons instead of the junk you ended up getting

There are rare and essentially unpurchasable ingredients hidden in the dungeons.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

KaosMachina posted:

So has there ever been another anime that's done something as interesting with the OP as this week's Jojo, just something completely unexpected in the middle of it after having it not change for so long?
Madoka did a really neat thing late in the series that completely reframes whose perspective the OP is being sung from and what it actually means.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Meme Emulator posted:

Wizard Soul ~ Holy War of Love ~ Ch 4

Im glad the Male Protag isnt a dipshit who took offense to his loss

http://bato.to/read/_/326565/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love_v1_ch4_by_ws-scan
Next time on "Explaining Magic jargon to normies": trying to convince her friends that "turning savage men sideways and swinging with them into the red zone for massive damage" is not a euphemism for contracting an STD.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

dotJPG posted:

do you remember the old anime internet

I remember webrings, animated flame gifs, and "under construction" signs. 30-something anime fans represent. My only VHS fansub experience was getting EoE through the mail from a friend of a friend of a friend, though.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

In Training posted:

I think it was a suggestion in QCS that was really funny so Ralp changed it
I find this chain of events highly improbable.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The best part of Sora No Woto was the haunted school.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

boom boom boom posted:

Isn't Love Live pretty recent? You'd think you'd want an anime that you'd had a longer relationship with on your gravestone
The cultural life cycle for 99% of anime seems to be very short, so it was probably an otaku with a terminal illness who decided based on what he was really into at the time and who wasn't big on any of the long-term titles like Gundam or Evangelion.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Smoking Crow posted:

Pecking order of European languages w/r/t japanese poo poo:

English: anything new
French: Manga and literature
Spanish/Portuguese: Popular 1980s anime
Italian/Arabic: 1970s anime
I took Latin, which doesn't get me any full series but is occasionally handy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

littleorv posted:

Don't worry. Most people who watch anime are ... attractive
g=Gm/r^2?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Endorph posted:

yeah it's still not an amazing show but it's got more of a heart to it than say,noir. it's an enjoyable show with likable leads, as opposed to whatever the gently caress madlax was supposed to be.
Plus a fairly good Kajiura soundtrack.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Namtab posted:

mikuru has good baps, but nagato is my waifu from that show
Gotta respect a girl who will remake the universe to give herself a better shot at the boy she likes, but still gives him the opportunity to say no.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Erg posted:

Does that mean it gets bad afterwards?
The entire series is good, but that debate is the moment where you realize just how good it is and is what makes you really invested in the series. I was ambivalent about it for the first few episodes, but once you had a bunch of dudes in the woods trying to out-bullshit each other about the mechanics of time travel and it's both completely ridiculous and dead serious at the same time the show turns into something magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

StandardVC10 posted:

Guys, Mushishi is really good.

• Locked thread