Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I could always watch more anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
WATTSMAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V00ZIGnlJnQ

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Outer Science posted:

do we get to talk about j-dramas here or do i have to go to TVIV for that?

either way i just watched hanzawa naoki and it's basically the most anime live-action thing i've ever seen, it was great. watch hanzawa naoki.

I'm all for jdrama chat, but the only ones I've seen are both GTOs and legal high, all of which are good, and the GTOs I consider better than the anime. I've watched a bunch of kdramas too but the only Manhua based one I've seen was Goong which I wanna say was good, but it's also the first kdrama I ever watched so there's bias there.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh right, that's on my to-watch list sitting in my hard drive. Forgot about it due to being preoccupied with a bunch of anime. Both seasons of yoshihiko were good too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

I want this thread to become more unfair, insular and hateful

As long as we can chat about anime, or things that are barely tangentially related to anime, it's all fine to me.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'll watch anime when I get home.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Aww, I'm late to the party.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Worst Girl posted:

Yeah. I really want to squid into it.

Just be sure not to splatter yourself out.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

If anyone wants to add me up on steam go ahead the link is in the quote below.

I promise you won't get any bad games until the steam summer sale.

My PSN is littleorv29 if anyone wants to add me there too.

Apparently we have always been friends, since you were already on my friend list.

Well, I'm always up for more Steam friends. I haven't been playing anything on Steam lately though due to my laptop being about 5 years old.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

littleorv posted:

I have more than 200 games on steam so someone would have to do a lot of scrolling to see anything embarrassing.

Same. I bought more deals than sense and I've barely touched a fraction of them. Shame since there are a couple that I would like to play, but either my laptop can't run it, or I don't feel like investing that much time into it. I say this despite investing so many hours into Dynasty Warriors.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also just finished watching Expelled from Paradise. It was a pretty fun movie, had a cool robot, and a decent mecha fight at the end. Not a big fan of the CG animation style, though it fit the DEVA portions of the movie. I'm getting the impression Urobuchi has a bone to pick with society and its rules, based off this and his last couple works.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Phobophilia posted:

Expelled from Paradise is probably the most optimistic and humanist thing I've seen Urobuchi do.

I feel like he's always been optimistic. It's just his earlier stuff tends to put his characters through the wringer. But yeah, I just meant Expelled from Paradise continues from the themes he had with Psychopass and Gargantia.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

mods please change my name to 'NTR starfish'

Several pages late, but that would actually fit your current avatar.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also the only reason I have no hours logged with Oath of Felghana on Steam is because I played it on PSP already. I have no excuse for Ys Origins though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I for one am glad to be learning about the ecology of zoids.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I just learned that the transport ship is actually a giant snail Zoid so that's neat.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

tonights homework: which plane is the best plane, there can only be one.

The Arwing?

I admit, I haven't played that much Ace Combat. Either of the psp ones worth playing? Though I guess I could track down the ps1 games too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The only space games I've ever really played was Descent and Wing Commander IV. At some point, someone just installed Descent on all the school computers so that was the game to play majority of the time.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Smoking Crow posted:

Netflix delivery is how i watched Lain for the first time

Same. Also Samurai X and Eva.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I thought it was about the constant hope of getting to elf island, only to realize you should play idolmaster instead.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

The people who were initially excited (or at least around here) were fans of Urobuchi, so they were being coy about it even before the first episode despite having a p good idea that it wasn't gonna be like that.

He had only done fate/zero and saya no uta at that point right?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

I don't know much about VN stuff but I wanna say he had a few other things under his belt?

Regardless the latter seemed to be the main reason why people were hyping it, if I'm remembering right.

I only found out about Madoka after the fact so was curious how many people actually knew about Urobuchi, given what he had done was pretty niche. Then again, we did have a visual novel thread at that point.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Just got back from work, what's everybody been chatting about

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also someone mentioned Audiosurf 2 several pages back, so thanks for reminding me about that. I've been waiting for that to be out of early access.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

the menu system/UI is kind of a mess atm, but the actual gameplay itself is so much smoother and having it function with steam mods is already working out great

Yeah, just tried it out, it looks real nice. Hopefully it generates better tracks. Now the question is what album to play.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I actually played through Macross Frontier's soundtrack in the first Audiosurf, tempted to dig that up and try that again. Nyan Nyan Service Melody is practically a boss song since it's 12 minutes long.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm gonna watch Windaria later since I couldn't last night.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That's still probably my favorite fight in Gurren Lagann. Part 2 was a lot bigger and more insane, but I really like desperate fights like the Lordgenome fight.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Watching Windaria. Just got to the scene where dotjpg's gif came from yesterday. I am suddenly concerned for these characters.:ohdear:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also it's a mystery how Paro is still around considering it seems to be on fire constantly.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh god that dove. :gonk:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Finished Windaria. Well that sure was a movie to go in blind for.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

boom boom boom posted:

Utena, baka gaijin

None of those syllables even sound like a contraction of the original name. :colbert:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

PotU posted:

shoujokaku maybe

This is better.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
You're telling me the best episode isn't Mushroom Samba?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

FirstAidKite posted:

Which episode had the guy pulling a django and dragging a coffin around with a gun in it

Mushroom Samba.

FirstAidKite posted:

Also which was the one with the weird creepy round guy that kicked spike's rear end

I think Pierrot le Fou.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

*Character A belittles Character B, murders their family and friends, effectively ruins their life, etc.*

"Oh man, they must be in love."

You joke, but Basara actually ran with that premise. It wasn't bad.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

i keep meaning to watch that but all the .hack stuff ive seen was pretty 'stand around and talk about interesting things, instead of showing them'

Yeah, that about sums it up. It has nice music though if you like Yuki Kajiura.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The_Frag_Man posted:

I don't like Cowboy Bebop.

I respect your opinion even if I don't agree with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

It's been so long since I watched CB I forgot what happened between Spike and Vicious. I remember Spike was in the syndicate and was double crossed but that's it.

Love triangle with Julia. Spike and Julia planned to leave the Syndicate, which pissed Vicious off. Spike faked his death, but Julia never showed up to the rendezvous point.

All of this was only really told in snippets across the series, plus the credits so it's easy to not get the full story.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 3, 2015

• Locked thread