Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

I did not watch an anime today.

There is still time to correct your mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

I'll watch anime tomorrow.

We have come to terms.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

I watched two episodes of Madoka Magica today and I can already tell that it is a terrible idea to become a magical girl. The show sure is gorgeous though.

Also in on the ground floor of the new chat thread!

You just gotta keep your head in the game to be a good magical girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Giant Robo, jojo, VNs, autism, video games, MS Paint comics, girls in suits, walls of text, empty quoting.

You forgot alcoholic christmas cake teachers and Big O.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is a large overlap between tvtropes users and let's play fandom, as I understand.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Level Slide posted:

Speaking of LPs, I read the actual thread for Chip's Watch_Dogs LP against my better judgment and gently caress. The LP itself is nice, but the people who post in there have absolutely no drive for self-improvement and it irks me. "Welcome to Chip LPs" is not an excuse, stop using it like one. One of the few nice things Zorak did was type a whole lot of words about Tibetan stuff during Chip's Uncharted 2 LP, presumably to bring up a topic that wasn't about Drake being a murderer. I've seen the posting ability of humanity, and I see nothing stopping them from making good posts. I'll still keep up with Watch_Dogs, because Chip is a competent video game player and I'm curious as to how it turns out, but not enough to actually buy a copy myself.

Burn down the sandcastle.

Read the Wonderful 101 thread around 3/4 or so through the game if you want to see people who very clearly understand nothing at all about the blatantly obvious themes or atmosphere of the game. It was then that I decided I would never read any LP post that is not an update.

LP has more brokebrains than E/N.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It doesn't stay that way for long, I actually dropped it around there the first time and I wish I hadn't.

Eh it's still pretty rom-com-y as far as I've seen (nearing the end of season 1), but I'm enjoying it. I am not entirely opposed to rom-coms, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-05-27/anime-studios-success-calculated-based-on-10-years-of-disc-sales/.88558

KyoAni is the most successful anime studio in the past ten years and also apparently one of the few that actually treats its animators decently, I wonder if there's any correlation?

Just think how much more successful they could be if they treated them like slaves, though!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm more of an Edgeworth man, myself. After Franziska, that is.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anime Curator posted:

there is nothing to dislike about franziska von karma, she is the best and greatest, she is perfect, and anyone who has issue with her can personally fight me. or, fight her probably, as she is better at fighting than i am.

She even got shot and gave no fucks.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was in Orlando a couple days once for a conference. It was humid and lovely outside.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Roger Smith is as powerful as he needs to be.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That food isn't anime at all!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

After I finish the Madoka movie I'm going to watch Ghost in The Shell. Where do I start with that series?

As far as I know the movies, both seasons of SAC, and Arise are not connected at all beyond sharing the characters and setting. I think both seasons of SAC is definitely the best choice, though.

You could also read the manga :unsmigghh:.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How good a GitS series/movie is is directly proportional to how much Togusa is in it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am looking forward to getting home tonight and being a squid and/or kid.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

littleorv posted:

Bloody Stream is better

I'm not sure anyone who has ever passed a kidney stone would agree.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Level Slide posted:

I've been reading Wakabayashi Toshiya's 4-Koma Collection and I think it's a great little collection of vignettes about high school students being terrible at relationships. I think my favorite ones are the chapters with the delinquent and the class president.

The Love Master ones are clearly the best.

Your choice is still good, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Anarchy > fly away now

Hmmmmm

nah.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is only one emote that deserves to live forever, and it is :thurman:.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wait, a Godzilla is beaten? Zoids is bullshit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The glasses girl in the Eva movies has big baps and is p good.

I have not actually seen the Eva movies.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Gamagoori was the only interesting member of the Elite Four.

Actually, they were all cool.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DaveWoo posted:

I'm half-expecting them to reveal that Wizard's Soul personally killed her beloved pet kitten next chapter

No, that's the person who plays the green beast deck. The red burn deck player's older brother died saving them from a fire.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

Few people are aware that Japan is just miles and miles of empty country sparsely populated by cute girls.

I have watched Non Non Biyori and am aware of this fact.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Namtab posted:

Ive played a lot.of huniepop recently tho

Well Karen does need the booty after all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ Third, actually. Unless you're calling 0-999 the zeroth millennium.

Davincie posted:

now im wondering if girls with crossed eyes is a thing in anime like that eyepatch fad from a while back. any crosseyed anime babes out there

You can be the one to start the next big fetish.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

what would you eat in the shower

i would eat some soup since it doesn't matter if water gets in it

There are many foods I would rather eat wet than watered down soup. Probably not pasta, though. Watery pasta is awful.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taking something with you into the shower is bizarre to me. Lathering, etc. usually takes two hands if you're doing it quickly, and how much are you really going to read in the span of a normal shower? Or do you all just take some long rear end showers?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

i will post about the animes i'm watching and not watch the animes other people are talking about until these forums are closed

On the last day, you will ask yourself who the best K-On is.

And you will say Mio.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Give me one of those 3 minute episode shows for Collectors, anime.

Also maybe this is just confirmation bias, but yuri stuff seems like it generally has more variety in art styles than the other romance (for lack of a better word) genres.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Every time I hear shaving stories like that I am glad I have motor skills (and slow growing facial hair).

I'm beginning to suspect there are probably people in this thread who are anime bad at cooking.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yozakura Quartet had a lesbian couple and didn't make them the central point or even particularly noteworthy outside of their individual roles in the story as I recall.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Completely extraneous greeble movements on mechs is extremely my poo poo. Also butts.

Is it actually worth watching?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why is it so hard for anime to just go to at least 20+ on ages? (Yes I know, life ends after high school, teenaged audience, etc. Just being :corsair: here.)

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 3, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Arcueid has good fashion sense, and I too only know who she is through Melty Blood.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They all have such beautiful eyes.

Also best non-Godzilla Godzilla monster was obviously Mecha Godzilla, the closest thing to Godzilla. Unless Space Godzilla is a valid option. Destroyah is pretty rad, too. So many good monsters in the Godzilla canon!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where does Barkley rank among Godzilla's enemies?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

I thought cantaloupe was a girl, so I was asking if she got to do whatever it is lesbians do with each other. Hold hands and blush and then look at each other but then look away when they see the other one looking and blush harder, I guess.

Whoa, actually holding hands? You gotta start with the blushing and awkwardly looking away when their hands just brush each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just read the plot synopsis of Final Wars and holy poo poo it sounds amazing. I need to own that movie.

• Locked thread