Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've been dyeing to give it a try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I am not afraid of adtrw on steam.

Captain Invictus posted:

So many people try to get bad rats into my steam library but I deflect them

Maybe I should start a bad rats collection from all the gift copies I get

You can hide games in your library now. I mean steam knows. And you know. But you don't have to see it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Tell me what I need to do.

Right-click on the game in library -> Set Categories

You'll find the checkbox there

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

littleorv posted:

1. Put game in your library
2. Let game idle or play it
3. Get cards
4. Sell cards
5. Make more money than the game is worth.

You're talking to a man who ran a tf2 hat empire.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

drat that's some dank smilies

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PotU posted:

im sorry this isnt about abime but i just walked around and saw this and had a real good laff

I miss Ezio.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Part 4: stop a serial killer hustlin'

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I stopped watching SPT Layzner sometime around when the pacing was going bonkers and they were in an ancient mayan(?) temple that actually tells the true origins of the oppressive space people. I should finish it, even if I hear the end is kind of a wtf

Also grab the OVAs which are apparently literally the ending of the TV series, but makes sense.

I'm going to watch anime.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

LOGH is extremely good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If there's moping in Gurren Lagann it's just setup for something cool to happen later.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The thing about Gurren Lagann is that aside from some cast changes and plot developments, what you see is basically what you get. It's just that you get more of it. Escalating on an exponential scale.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It was weird and awesome seeing Spike getting his rear end handed to him by a creepy Penguin impersonator.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Aaaargh I did it

I ordered Splatoon off Amazon

I'd better go look back at those nnids when my copy gets here

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The_Frag_Man posted:

Wow the doom guy's a girl. That's like, the literal opposite of what I pictured in my head (the actual doom guy).

:agreed:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

i just wanted to post about the animes with y'all

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I thought he was all about fish these days

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

speaking of you guys were right about splatoon

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the philosophy debate in the ubw thread is still going

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:captainpop:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

gently caress it I'll just emptyquote this person twice why not

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Raw egg over rice is basically saying you like eggs over easy on rice but are too lazy to do the over easy part.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now imagine the original toku show.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, the Android Kikaider anime was definitely based on the manga. It was being published at around the same time as the live action show and the difference between the two is like night and day. Shotaro Ishinomori made a boatload of stuff including a large chunk of the Toei tokusatsu lineup (he's credited as being the main creative force behind both Kamen Rider and Super Sentai, though the latter retroactively), and the difference in tone between stuff he made for TV and the manga he had more complete creative control over is pretty conspicuous.

I'm pretty sure the manga was made as a tie-in but since he was basically the sole creative voice behind it Ishinomori really went a different direction from the TV show. I think in literally the last few months of the show they put aside the filler MOTW stuff (which was the majority of the show's run) and took a note from the manga, which was for the better since that's what most people think of when they look back fondly on the show.

The last dozen or so episodes tell a more coherent story and the villainous robot, Hakaider, wound up being the visual inspiration behind Darth Vader of all people.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also I put way too much effort into that post since now we're back to Dilbert Is Rich.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Looking back at it neither can I.

What I meant to say was that all that guy's manga is like super dark compared to how it looks or even what other work he's done and it's kinda funny. So when it gets adapted and they go to his manga as the source material the difference between the appearance and tone is kinda nuts!

Also Cyborg 009 gets into weird territory about God and angels and good and evil later on in its run, and then when a modern CGI anime move got made it drew from the whole God thing rather than the more archetypical heroes-vs-villains stuff and absolutely everyone hated it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also the recent Cyborg 009 movie has the protag shout at God to make the bad things stop and then He does.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's like futurama except not funny, also the earth hates mankind and wants to kill it off.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh pounds

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is fun but the default color schemes usually look the best and for some reason that bothers me.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waitaminute I've got Trails in the Sky on steam too.

Huh.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is strictly accurate.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Girl shredded pants game too strong.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

np

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Daywalkers bringin' sexy back.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

littleorv posted:

I may or may not hook you up with an anime game later on in the sale haha

I believe in you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You can gift a thing on steam and the recipient can accept it into their own inventory to regift later if they want.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kb/M sacrifices precision in movement for greater precision in aiming. Gamepad controls on the other hand offer more precise movement at the expense of aiming and camera control.

I think being able to drop Russians in a split second is a higher priority than smooth avatar movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wonder if Umineko's ever going to get a steam release.

Because I love at least 5/8ths of it.

• Locked thread