Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm probably going to watch anime today, since it's Ore Monogatari day.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I went to work for a little while then brought some stuff home to work on, so I'll get to watch Ore Monogatari in 20 minutes instead of having to wait until tonight.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

What is your favourite anime (yes, you)?

House of Five Leaves

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

That's the year I graduated high school. :corsair:

That's the year I graduated college.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Netflix sent me the live action Mushishi so I think I'll watch that today.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
...yes?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's quite a bit of stuff that's dvd-only on Netflix which is why I haven't talked myself into cancelling that side of it. I purged about half my queue the other day to get rid of a bunch of stuff I didn't care about seeing anymore and I'm slowly working my way through the rest because I don't really want to keep it indefinitely though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's fun to watch. I need to get caught up but I keep thinking "oh let me read more of the manga first" then I do other things instead of that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dotJPG posted:

didn't read the chat thread while the simulwatch was going on. there's lot of posts, I wonder what

uuuuaaaaahhhhh

beautiful

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I watched whatever that movie is that's like the first two episodes and that was more than enough LOGH for me.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been watching Brave 10 today. It was described in the thread for that season as "some pretty boy ninja show" and that's very accurate and also exactly what I was in the mood for. :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
So I'm liking Wizard Soul more than I expected but will never be able to read any comments about it because they're all a bunch of :bahgawd: about card games apparently.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DoubleDonut posted:

use this opportunity to never look at comments ever again
I got into the habit because it's a good way to avoid certain elements in romance comics. Like to see what I'm getting into before I start reading and there's always someone posting a bunch of spoilers.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

is Mukuro Chandelier good? i got it in my open tabs which means someone posted about it here somewhere, but the description is weird and off-putting

I posted about it in the shoujo thread. It's a weird little comic and doesn't always make sense, but I liked it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
35 :rip:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Not saying you should play Witcher 3, only that sassy East European women dubbed with a colorful array of British accents are better than anime babes

My dub snobbery carries over to video games so I only play with the Polish voices.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yaoi is about the only genre where a lot of the main characters are 30+ and will often feature aspects of their jobs into the plots so if they're cops or yakuza or samurai or something you can end up with a pretty action-y plot outside all the loving.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

K. Flaps posted:

I wish Kurko's Basketball wasn't utter poo poo, but instead it was good, so I could enjoy it, instead of resenting it.

When does it get bad? I'm 5 episodes in and it's not anywhere as good as Haikyuu but is entertaining enough. Just wondering if I should expect to watch maybe a season or if it goes sour quicker than that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Still trying to burn through my backlog in preparation for the summer season.

Today is Durarara. Tomorrow is Fujiko Mine.

I'm watching Durarara now as well but only like 1 episode every few days so it's taking me a while. Some shows I want to burn through as quick as I can or at least watch several episodes at once but after I watch one I'm like "ok that's enough" and it takes a while to get into the mood to watch another. Even though I like pretty much all of the characters and enjoy it while I'm watching I'm having a hard time staying interested enough to keep going.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

That's not too surprising. It's a recurring weakness in Narita's work.

Dude writes some great characters, but his plots are often just "Get everybody and the stuff together," and everything goes wrong. The end result is a lot of solid character chemistry but not much in the way of a compelling narrative.

Baccano's a bit better about this, but not always.

I watched a few episodes of both shows several years ago and couldn't muster the interest to stick with either one at the time but always meant to go back and give them another try. I'm putting a little more effort into it this time so hopefully I can actually finish Durarara and also get around to Baccano eventually.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

all this terrible poo poo happening to the same guy over and over again.

That was why I quit watching it. I don't remember now exactly where I quit but it was so frustrating to watch and I finally gave up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
That cosplay :stare:

What's the go-to manga reader program anymore? I used to use CDisplay back in the day when you had to download all your manga but I've gone through like 5 computers since then and generally don't download things anymore. Tonight I had to trawl livejournal for the last 5 chapters of something I was reading and felt like I went back in time like 10 years lol.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well that's what I remember (the original one anyway, don't think I ever tried CDisplayEx) so guess I'll just stick with what I know. It's not like it has to do much after all.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I drank tea and read a bunch of manga at work and now I'm leaving early.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Living the dream.

What did you read?

Nothing I will admit to reading.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually I read the new chapters of My Hero Academia, Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, and Hidamari ga Kikoreru, and read a couple of new shoujo releases that I can't remember the titles of.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The_Frag_Man posted:

:lol: beef change yo name to beef chief.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

If you're going to spend that much on a pen at least get a fountain pen instead of some lovely ballpoint. :getin:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate having to resort to some sketchy site when something I want to watch isn't on CR/Hulu. I'm a little weirded out that folks couldn't tell the difference between those and legit sites though, I mean they seem like night and day.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm the Gaia Online tab

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've never played a Sonic game.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't remember a few of these panels...are any of them from the extras after the end?

I support the chat thread being assimilated by the shoujo thread.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Having fresh sweet corn for dinner, it's pretty much like this

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Really good when you cook it with anise.

I'm lazy so I just steamed it in the husk and rubbed some butter and salt on it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The main couple in Say I Love You get together pretty much right away.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked it. I know some people were put off by the very beginning because there's some kissing without consent, so take that into consideration. There's also an anime but I didn't think it was as good as the manga.

The manga is still ongoing but it's also reached that point similar to Kimi ni Todoke where it has extended past the point where it really should have ended, but it's only a fraction as long as KnT and moved a LOT faster.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've read a lot but most of it I wouldn't recommend to anyone or even admit to.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seems like that could get weird in a hurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally getting around to watching Lovely Complex.

• Locked thread