Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I don't have anime wallpapers but I am sure that there are plenty of people that do, and would post theirs if such a thread was made.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My current laptop wallpapers is the default for my laptop, which is a plain background with a picture of said laptop.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I read the KOR manga ages ago and remember liking it but it has been a long time so I barely remember anything.

I do know that certain types of old time anime fans really hate it tho.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm going to bike today, and then watch anime.

I hope to do the same but it might be raining by the time I leave work.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm probably going to watch anime today, since it's Ore Monogatari day.

I have only seen the first ep, I gotta get around to more.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Go grab Patlabor: The Early Days OVA. If you enjoy it, get the 50-ep tv series dvd fatpack.

This but sneaking the first two movies in after the OVA.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Grouchio posted:

I discovered SZS through the magic of Tv Tropes.

:whitewater:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

there was a stupid pyf thread for it that kept attracting really bad posters to this site

I looked at it awhile back and they were still obsessing over the same people from many years ago.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

mock threads are kinda funny for like a day before they become populated by posters just as bad as the site they're mocking.

p much

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

The mock threads became boring after all the creey posters quit, got banned or came here and all that was left was bad posters with delusions of authorship

Yah I can easily tell some of the people making fun of some guy's generic sci-fi story are coming from a position of "My writing is better"

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

lp is bad now that every game ever has been lpd

I clicked on it for the first time in ages and saw that the guy who got a little popularity by LPing all of the Megaman Battle Network games is now doing them all, again????

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Those pics are fine.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Id rather have a small handful of good maps that are designed to work with a games systems than a dozen that maybe 1 or 2 people actually like, which is most shooters

Yeah this

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Plz do not sexualize squid kids tia

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Nobody cares about what you look like or what you are doing.

aka Planet Fitness lies to everyone

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A non-holiday weekend Thursday sounds like a great day to go on rollercoasters

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

People don't give a poo poo about old non-robot shows

There's one fansub group that subs a lot of sports anime, old and new.

Maybe some day, our dreams of Tiger Mask subs will come true....

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I added everyone who posted their Steam ID in the past few pages, if anyone wants to add me then go hog wild and I will uh hit accept after getting home from work.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Srice

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ys is cool and has some rockin tunes

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I should probably watch Urusei Yatsura at some point, but the torrent for the blu Ray box set never worked for me, and I'm not going to spend like 1000 dollars of whatever it is on that set.

I'm tempted to make Beautiful Dreamer part of the simulwatch, though I don't know how well it would go with people that haven't seen UY.

I feel like it would go fine but I only watched it after being familiar with the basic premise and most of the characters that appeared in it, so I can't judge for certain.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Premise is all that's really necessary, I think. I'd only seen the first couple episodes when I saw it, and that was fine.

That's good to hear. If I put it in the simulwatch I'll just find a basic synopsis for the show for people to read real quick.

It does make me realize that most of my choices so far outside of Mind Game have been 80s movies though, so I might have to think of something else for some variety :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Lum is good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Do some 60s movies. Wanpaku Ouji no Orochi Taiji/Little Prince and Eight Headed Dragon is pretty good, and is the inspiration for Samurai Jack and Zelda Wind Waker to boot.

That could be fun. I'll have to do a little research about the licensing status and/or if any of that stuff is streaming somewhere, since for the current simulwatch I feel it's easier if it's something people can watch that way instead of going out and buying a physical copy.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Production order is the best way to go.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I remember people hyping up Attack on Titan as a series where anyone you care about could die at any moment, and that only turned out to be true if you cared about incredibly minor characters.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the wildest rear end posted:

Spoilers: none of the main characters die after the events of the show, either

I am not surprised to hear that at all.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

I thought AoT was good but whatever.

I'm terrible at DQ V

I think it's alright, though I do wish that when the anime started up the fanbase didn't hype it up as something it's not.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

I watched it after all the hype had died down and heard practically nothing about it. One of my friends told me it was bad so I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

That sounds like the best way to watch it.

I will watch the second season sometime, but I will wait for it to finish airing first. That way I can watch it in chunks and the recaps won't be as annoying.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

they were very cool minor characters though

Yeah, nothing against the characters in particular, just that with the way people were selling it I expected at least one big death :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if that was mostly to sell Eren's 'death', and it backfired by making people even more disappointed when they expected it to be something it wasn't.

Yeah that's entirely possible.

It kinda reminds me how for a time there were people that were being super loving coy about Madoka's premise.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

to be fair madoka is best enjoyed going in knowing "it's real good, stick with it for 3 episodes at least"

Yah, though there's a big difference between going "This is good, just trust me on this and give it a chance" and "This is just an innocent heartwarming show tee hee hee", and I remember for the longest time that original thread had a ton of people doing the latter.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Jagchosis posted:

i kinda wonder what it was like for people going in hoping for derivative moe horseshit. i mean the trailer is amazing in that regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CTHwEZK2JA

cos it's fuckin awesome, that's how

The people who were initially excited (or at least around here) were fans of Urobuchi, so they were being coy about it even before the first episode despite having a p good idea that it wasn't gonna be like that.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

He had only done fate/zero and saya no uta at that point right?

I don't know much about VN stuff but I wanna say he had a few other things under his belt?

Regardless the latter seemed to be the main reason why people were hyping it, if I'm remembering right.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Was there ever any doubt about what Madoka was going to be

Like, it's pretty obvious basically immediately that THIS AINT YOUR LITTLE SISTER'S MAGICAL GIRL SHOW, Mami's death is not especially surprising or shocking

I don't know, maybe I had just known that it was being made by the Saya no Uta guy and I knew what that was about, so

I think even the first episode was heavily implying a dark tone even though nothing bad happens right away.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

the ending of layzner is the funniest poo poo. there aren't even many mecha battles, it's just the protagonist going through an episode of hokuto no ken

I like how in the TV ending there's a scene Eiji speaks to everyone but then there's a loud noise and they're all "We never did hear what he was trying to tell us"

And then the OVA version has everyone hear what he was actually saying.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

is BBB good i've been on the fence about it

It's

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I felt the second half of Gurren Lagann was a huge improvement over the first, though I don't think it's the sort of improvement that makes it worthwhile if you really dislike the first half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's an interesting way to handle a recap episode but at the end of the day it's just a recap episode and you don't need to see it.

• Locked thread