Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

littleorv posted:

What is your favourite anime (yes, you)?

kaiba, ping pong, giant robo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Has the Blloood Blockade Battlefront anime done the story about K.K. trying to find a card for her son yet?

they haven't yet and probably won't adapt it.

tvtropes chat: i like the site if only to easily find series with character archetypes i like.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Jostiband posted:

agreed. without them finding good oppai loli is really hard

agent peacock/fighting narcissist for me

boom boom boom posted:

But it's the best story. They can just stretch it out a bit to make it a whole episode

well there are only a few episodes left and some of those will be for the anime original ending. so it's up in the air whether they'll integrate manga stories into that at all. don't think the final episode titles have been revealed for us to guess.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tonight i'm going to catch up on a couple shows but Nasu: Summer in Andalusia is the main course. 47 minutes seems short for a movie, does it adapt the whole manga? and is there any benefit to reading the manga after?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

i haven't read the manga, but the anime is a complete story. apparently the manga is more of an anthology than just one story and this only adapts one of them

oh, thanks. it's only 24 chapters so i guess i might as well read it assuming it's translated.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my anime plans fell through, so i will watch Nasu and OreMono tomorrow instead

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i now realize i need to move a wii u up on my priority list

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

iowa isn't cool (lately it's trying really hard to be) but i recently learned we're sister states with Yamanashi prefecture because we exported pigs there after typhoons devastated the livestock industry in the 60's

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I'll never go to anime iowa, because too many of my friends from high school go there every year and it'd be awkward.

i didn't even know that existed but I'd probably avoid it for similar reasons + it being a small con

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

surely there can't be anything more powerful

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow, the Tiger Mask op is amazing. why isn't this subbed :qq:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

People don't give a poo poo about old non-robot shows

i wish people cared more about the medium

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 29, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really need to rewatch Madoka
also orv, buy us huniepop

Smoking Crow posted:

Why would you want to watch Tiger MAsk when a new episode of Naruto came out today???

not enough wrestlers

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

http://deadline.com/2015/05/beyblade-movie-paramount-hasbro-transformers-mary-parent-1201433742/
lol

i really hope live action beyblade actually happens

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really like the aesthetic and limited animation/tricks of old shows, but it's just really cool to experience as history too

that said, i haven't completed anything except the first Gundam. i watched Speed Racer and Kimba as a kid and more recently some episodes of Yatterman, Kitaro, various robot shows, and Cutey Honey.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i will throw my url in despite not really using steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/dogsicle

goodnight chat, may your waking and sleeping hours be filled with anime

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe watching ARISE first is the best idea, since everything goes up from there. also Paz is an actual character in that universe. it made me like him more in retrospect.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stand Proud was the only OP that didn't shoot to the top of my list, so right now it's EotW > Bloody Stream > Sono Chi > Stand Proud

until Part 4's first OP comes out and immediately becomes #1

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I think I'll watch my movie backlog in case any seem like good simul suggestions

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't understand how 60s anime manages to be cool and good despite being barely animated

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

starting King of Pigs alone and after midnight was probably a mistake :shepicide:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

panty is better

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this weekend i'm going to restart S;G, but is it better in sub or dub?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

does anybody really want Rodyle watching/posting about Fate tho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Srice posted:

I remember people hyping up Attack on Titan as a series where anyone you care about could die at any moment, and that only turned out to be true if you cared about incredibly minor characters.

they were very cool minor characters though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i suppose it's right at home with SAO and AoT.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think keeping Braht alive would've helped, also making alterna-Tatsumi the protagonist

a season two would be both terrible and censored to hell though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so when S;G was airing did it also have dumb subs or is it just that Funi decided their script should have leetspeak and stuff like "GTFO"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

the characters are talking in japanese memes and netspeak

i assumed it was something like that for the haxor/hacker thing and didn't care, it's just when Daru's "daga kotowaru" was translated as GTFO it seemed weird
can't remember any other examples offhand

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rebuild 1.0 was incredibly boring for me, as a person who watched NGE earlier the same year. they didn't redo the cool Sachiel shots and cg Ramiel was overhyped i think. haven't watched the others yet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No-Late Day is still my favorite episode, even if it's a boring choice

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not watching a confirmed good anime because of some bad subforum is dumb

but it is kind of an intimidating series to get into

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's only 108 episodes if you watch the intro movie :)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there will be more, cooler sunglasses

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Windaria watching experience
Coo-Coo :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Vorik posted:

anime about giant robots piloted by anime girls with red tribal tattoos that ring a bill for anyone? this aired in the early-mid 00's. would like to know the name thanks

girls with red tattoos makes me think of Neo Ranga, but it's not really a robot show so idk

there's a thread dedicated to identifying anime that might be of more help here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3344106

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Leorio is the cell phone expert

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i prefer using oremono bc its easier to type

i have to go to a bowling party tonight but hopefully it won't last too long. i'm planning to watch finish Time Stranger after.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just got to the Shinobu vs Chihaya match and it's amazing

i hope they become friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

please do not diminish and attack Taichi

• Locked thread