Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Parallax posted:

I think you are all confused and this is the best op

This actually is really good. How's the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

welcome back, Wicked Hate. Don't leave ADTRW, for your own sake.

I saw the conversation about that right after I was banned. I only really post a lot here and BSS anyway, but I'll be a lot more careful in general. I don't think Deadpool dislikes me, they're pretty cool. I need to ask them if I'm banned from all future Steven Universe threads or just the current one sometime.

Parallax posted:

It sheds some nice light on Hanekawa and why her relationship with her family is so hosed up. Also cat Hanekawa is in her underwear a lot so there's that

I don't know who that is. I probably should have paid more attention to the conversation, but I've never seen any of that stuff before.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 23, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Davincie posted:

im guessing here that wickedhate is talking about the monogatari franchise in general

if so, she'll probably love the monogataris so go ahead and watch

Thank you! :) I'll look into this today.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

I will answer any questions WickedHate might have about the monogatari series :mrgw:

Thanks. Is the anime complete or should I just read the novels instead?

Also just to be clear I have no idea what kind of content is in it, incestous or not. I just liked that music.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sweet, anime it is then.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't know if it'd be too annoying to respond to every person who says welcome back, but thank you to everyone who does because that makes me feel good. :3:

Wark Say posted:

There are a lot of fanservicey moments in both what's been animated so far and the novels. Some of them involve the main character's sisters. How much is NisiOisin (the writer dude) kinda loving around with people's expectations vs trying to have his cake + eat it too with cheap cop-outs is a matter of debate. Add into that equation the fact that the anime director is kind of a gigantic pervert and you're left with a weird thing that's both really fun but sometimes it makes you cringe.

Well, I don't usually care for stuff with a lot of fanservice. I only say this because I know people would think of how much I enjoy Kill la Kill, but regardless of how ironic it was or wasn't, KLK was almost always comical about it aside from the stuff with Ragyo.

That description doesn't sound too bad though and everyone else seems to think it's really good despite potential gross stuff.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Isn't Blood-C the one where a bunch of people die and the deaths are animated in kind of a creepy way?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

dogsicle posted:

:nws: obviously
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbBrsUpKcWw

They start a bit creepy but good god the last few are like loving looney toons.

It starts out so intense and brutal, then the bunny rabbits take things in a disturbingly cartoonish direction. It never stops feeling like the bodies have real weight, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Namtab posted:

New mod needed in adtrw

I'm working on a 2026 campaign.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I will not stand for you slandering the good name of Butz.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
ADTRW:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Grouchio posted:

Shut up everyone. I'm trying to figure out if I shouls watch the first 2 Madoka movies or the TV series, followed by Rebellion.

Watch Kamen Rider Ryuki first.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I tried watching Symphogear recently because I wanted more magical girl stuff, but I really didn't like it. Neat idea, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Bakemonogatari is really confusing and trippy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't have money to spend on anything I want. Alas. Down with capitalism.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Everything Burrito posted:

If you find the right job you can drag your shambling corpse into an office and watch anime or read manga all day while being paid for it though.

I have no skills so this sounds ideal.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'd have watched Creamy Mami by now if not for it's length. I'm disappointed AnimeSols is defunct.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
People in their twenties are pretty drat old imo. I'm still a teenager until next March.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Smoking Crow posted:

did you have to buy bootleg anime VHSs and laserdiscs from some guy in the back of a video store? did you ever watch the shows that were just like translated by some taiwanese guy that barely knew english

In a just world Laserdisc would have won the format wars.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Persona 4 is one of the best animes I've ever seen.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

I am pumped as gently caress for Persona 5

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is where it's at.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

Make the fetish art you want to see in the world.

I can't draw.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

I wouldn't know since I'm lazy and give up easily.

I took an art class for a little while at college but it turned out everyone there already knew how to draw from a lifetime of doing so and turning in my lovely pre schooler scribbles was really embarassing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
On tumblr, an anti feminist/sjw with the url "loli-rear end" followed me because they've apparently been "hate following" people. Why that title? Do...do they not know what that means? Bizarre.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm pretty sure they know exactly what that means.

They say they wear Lolita fashion, but I've just never heard "Lolita" abriviated that way. It's creepy.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 24, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

dogsicle posted:

incest and how you can pet/grope your units and they have lines about it

This guy must be super happy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

Much like that magical boy show from last season that was 'the gayest thing ever' despite having no gay people in it.

The whole Sherlock queerbaiting thing is ridiculous. It's stuff like this that I get uneasy with people calling JoJo "gay". There needs to be more actual representation and not just stereotyped straight people made for the enjoyment of other straight people.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 24, 2015

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

and raven and lucius are pretty drat gay but they aren't literally gay. you know what that means? plausible deniability + tons of people on gamefaqs or wherever going 'ugh they aren't gay you pervert.'

making it explicit makes it undeniable. even if some huge rear end in a top hat homophobe plays IF, bam, there's a gay dude in his vidjamagame.

Along the same lines, Kaworu and Shinji needs to be more explicit in whatever next Evangelion thing comes out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rodyle posted:

I haven't read past SC, but I have heard Vento Aureo and Stone Ocean have explicit examples?

Jolyne's love interest in Stone Ocean was a girl when first introduced, but became a guy in later chapters.

Twiddy posted:

I mean exactly how many gay characters do you want in this game?

Sorry, I just get annoyed with complaints that just leave it at "more" or "better" because it's vague and doesn't even have a real goal in mind. What we have is a nice first step, that's good, no reason to berate the game designers for not taking enough of a first step and missing some arbitrary further distance.

They could certainly be more inclusive in the year 2015. It's not like this is the 90s where one heavily implied gay couple in Sailor Moon is revolutionary.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Twiddy posted:

A. You're saying that with a vague outline of "more" again which doesn't help anybody and doesn't outline actual solutions. You can always ask for more, that doesn't state what you actually want.
More explicitely queer characters? I'm not sure how "more" in this context is actually vague.

Twiddy posted:

B. In case you hadn't noticed in terms of game marriage choice design, yes we still are trapped in that era. That's why we didn't have these kind of explicit characters you could choose in the last game. That's the reason people care about this current implementation.

Yeah, but it's a matter of how much people are aware of these things. It's more understandable in the past that creators didn't in past decades, but by now there's really no excuse for it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Endorph, I don't have PMs but I wanted to tell you I really enjoy what you've been saying in this last conversation.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

littleorv posted:

You can turn off perma-death if that's what you're concerned about.

Wait, you can turn off permadeath? Huh, that was always what kept me from playing Fire Emblem.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Twiddy posted:

It's true in FE" Awakening too. You should play it.

I sold my 3DS a year or two ago because past me was loving awful with decisions like that. I've constantly regretted it since.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The only one I've played is Path of Radiance. :shrug: I rented it back when renting games was dying off.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Smoking Crow posted:

Yes

It was even more clear in Japanese

That sounds like a similar situation to Drakengard, which had bits toned down or cut entirely in the version released in the West.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

idk wickedhate hasn't said anything weird in the last five minutes

I broke my last record! :)

T.G. Xarbala posted:

The person best qualified to own wickedhate is wickedhate

This is true.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rodyle posted:

I dismissed the known video game "Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed," which is anime Yakuza and therefore theoretically awesome, after the Giant Bomb Quick Look revealed it to be largely boring.

Fast forward to tonight, the Super Best Friends did a video of it which revealed a darker truth: there's an in-game, fake magical girl arcade cabinet which features the Kodomo no Jikan crew.

Huh. That is a really, really weird and brazen cameo. How the hell did that get approved?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I know what it is and was aware it was skeevy, but from all the mainstream attention it got I wouldn't have expected something like that. It's even on Steam.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hah, googling "The Anime That Must Not Be Named" actually leads to it's Wikipedia page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Do it without quotes.

• Locked thread