Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I like anime wallpapers, can I please make a thread about anime wallpapers? Do other people like anime wallpapers? pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Srice posted:

I don't have anime wallpapers but I am sure that there are plenty of people that do, and would post theirs if such a thread was made.

That's all the interest I need, gonna make this thread. Mostly because I just wanna share my anime wallpapers

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Truga posted:

From previous thread from like a day ago:

In anidb settings, you can set your preferred language to show titles/characters/whatnot. If nobody's put in the title in your language yet, it'll show one that's available. At which point you click it and add the translation, if you want it. :v:

Doing this now, thanks for the tip.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

I hope you guys use Idle Master to idle your games. It searches your library for games with cards yet to drop and idles them for you. Most importantly though it can idle games you haven't got installed

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War was so friggin good. I don't think there are any properly working emulations of it though which sucks so much :(

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

can someone pls make a general mecha anime thread so i know which are the best mecha anime thanks because i haven't watched many ok bye

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

wow you made that quick, thanks!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

why is there a talking bear in sidonia? what's up with that? i just started the series

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Twiddy posted:

You're gonna learn very quickly that a core theme in Sidonia is transhumanism. Bearmom is an excellent example of a person who's better than a normal in every way, including being a bear.

hmm, i guess she does have a pretty sweet claw hand

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

there's a japanese cinema thingy in my city with lots of anime and film movies but they all mostly look real funky are any of these accessible and good? pls help

http://www.qtix.com.au/goma/cult_japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Endorph posted:

all the ghibli stuff is obvs. pretty accessible and obvs. pretty drat good. my personal favorite is porco rosso, a movie about a mercenary pilot in the post-ww1 era. he's a pig but that's more a visual metaphor than an actual Thing, though it's commented on. it's got loads of great comedy and some really good dogfighting scenes. miyazaki loving loves planes, and you can really tell in how much attention to detail there is.

i love plane stuff too, planes frickin own perhaps i'll see that one. also the film suicide club looks cool.

Knorth posted:

Holy wow, I did not know that was going on. Gonna go finally see all those Miyazaki movies I've missed, and Paprika again probably. Kind of want see what crowd In the Realm of the Senses draws though...

yeah i only just found out about it, i'm pretty excited even though i don't know half the stuff screening. also do you know where you can park in southbank that is cheap? because i just moved here and am a senseless country lad with no idea how to navigate this metropolis and park your car and stuff

• Locked thread