Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

Giant Robo, jojo, VNs, autism, video games, MS Paint comics, girls in suits, walls of text, empty quoting.
Hey I'm autistic with PTSD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm glad Sound Euphonium is good. I realized today the only tatsuya ishihara work I hadn't seen is something called Kimagure Orange Road, specifically one of the movies. anybody know anything about it
It keeps confusing me with Jeremiah loving Gottwald.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Prison School's being produced by J.C Staff, who is currently working on DanMachi and Shokugeki no Soma. Their cast is as follows.

quote:

Kiyoshi Fujino: Hiroshi Kamiya (Levi in Attack on Titan)

Takehito "Gakuto" Morokuzu: Katsuyuki Konishi (Kamina in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Shingo Wakamoto: Kenichi Suzumura (Shinn Asuka in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny)

Jouji "Joe" Nezu: Daisuke Namikawa (Narsus in The Heroic Legend of Arslan)

Reiji "Andre" Ando: Kazuyuki Okitsu (Gunzo Chihaya in Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova-)

Mari Kurihara: Sayaka Ohara (Alicia Florence in ARIA The Animation)

Meiko Shiraki: Shizuka Ito (Tamaki Kousaka in To Heart 2)

Hana Midorikawa: Kana Hanazawa (Ruri Gokou/Kuroneko in Oreimo)

:vince:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was JUST starting to re-watch Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei today!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I discovered SZS through the magic of Tv Tropes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why is TV Tropes considered taboo here? I find it an excellent reference point.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tomorrow I pledge to catch up to Jojo till vanilla ice.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can you make me one?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I was just reminded that Zigfield's rant against pedophilia occured here way back in early 2003.

When I was 8, in second grade, and getting over both chickenpox and neopets.

I'm sorry I wasn't there.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

i don't know who that person is op
Found it from the dictionary: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=354765

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fine, fine.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if anyone here is friends with one another?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

littleorv posted:

Is there a good anime with a yandere character? I doubt it personally.
Bakemonogatari.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

i wish i loved something, the way hank hill loves propane
So you don't really like Doom after all?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So Gigguk bitched about there being no real Golden Age of Anime yet again, and Digibro said 2007 was the golden age and Japan's economy still sucks, so...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rohan and Oyakusu should be voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya and Wataru Tagaki, respectively.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Monty Python's Flying Circusssss

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Wasn't there a scene in the series where they show an alternate reality where everyone is just a normal? I barely remember but my guess is that might've just been in Shinji's head.
Nah it was the true ending of the manga after Shinji managed to fix things. Not that anyone really cares.

Deconstruction shows are the best.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The latest chapter of Tokyo Ghoul :re was the best I've seen out of the franchise so far.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

In the manga they bring up something called the Dark Continent, which is a world "Outside" of the world everyone knows. It's where the chimera ants came from, as well as possibly Nanika. It's not a very pleasant place.

The world of Hunter x Hunter that everyone's familiar with is actually just a collection of islands in a lake at the center of the Dark Continent.
The only problem with this is that HxH's author has such severe back problems that it'll be nigh-impossible to make him ever complete the manga series. So unless Madhouse can somehow get his permission to write an anime-exclusive spin on the Dark Continent arc that actually works, this will never get explored.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Leorio: Sometimes likes to jack off to the internet.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 1, 2015

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FYAD?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Euron-sempai where have you been old buddy ol pal? Aren't you pissed that HBO left your story out in favor of stevie wonder sand snake choreography?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Terper posted:

I figure it's probably about time to watch Madoka, sub or dub??
Try out the Magical Molly version.

If you're gonna jump, might as well do a flip.

Then watch the subs.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I seem to have made a terrible decision.

Now to walk around in public wearing it for a couple days!
Bah! My Fourth Doctor cosplay looks more authentic!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dude789 posted:

Where is the boob ribbon?
Wasn't invented yet.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Endorph posted:

shave your neck
I'd bet I still look less goonish than you guys. If not, you all have my due respect.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dude789 posted:

You can invent it then. Be the change you want to see.
I would only use that to cosplay Peter O' Toole being strangled to death in Caligula. Which is a nigh impossibility.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Up to episode twelve of Xam'd now and so far Ragyo's version has appeared far more often than the protagonist's, which still hasn't made a full appearance since the first episode. The big fight in episode 11 was pretty cool though.
Good god Xam'd was loving beautiful to watch five years ago (and now). I truly wonder where the animators went to next, if anything?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait, is online streaming considered downloading?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

Who told you this
The voices in my head comparing anime streaming online to illegal downloading of files that I no longer do.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Meanwhile on my end

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looking back, it seems like most of the moral event horizons in anime I've watched barely affect me now. Is this desensitization of GRRM-esque bullshit bad for me?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Kids these days talkin' jive with their moral event horizons and subversions and flanderizations and their games o' thrones! In my day all the cool cats were kawaii neko-chan.

Cats are fine too.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm liking where Owari no Seraph is going with this 'seraph' thing. Here's to a second season!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

My date went well tonight

Next 5 people who quote this post will get a new AV, but you have to post what you want.

Did you stargaze out in the fields, point to Altair deneb and Vega, and have the skies granted to you?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Considering that JC Staff is directing Prison School, many folks I know (including the guys over at Cart Driver) are quite worried that it will disappoint. Do you think that this seems to be the case?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aren't you banned Dick?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is that supposed to be Shinoa in your av? If so it's quite charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The only good anime juice is Tang. Lots and lots of tang.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread