Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Srice posted:

My current laptop wallpapers is the default for my laptop, which is a plain background with a picture of said laptop.

That's pretty meta.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Edit: 2015 and these forums still can't auto resize images.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I think I watched the first episode of Lum a few years ago because I was watching TNG for the first time and I read there was a really obscure reference to it an episode I liked.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Namtab posted:

it is impossible for anything to be better than anime babes

Anime dudes

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm not going to say Cowboy Bebop is bad, but it's definitely overrated.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

His and Her Circumstances is a top tier anime.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

what is he going to godzilla, huh? nuke him? you stupid gently caress

More like Godzooky. That kaiju is tiny.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

I have never seen a Godzilla movie despite going to college with a dude who owned literally every Godzilla movie.

He did deign to show me a clip from Final Wars though where American Godzilla (1998) appears in Sydney, Australia and is immediately vaporized by another monster.

That "another monster" is Godzilla.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I dont get why people like shinkai

His train game is off the hook. Clickety clack down the track.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Misato.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

female shinji

So, Nadia?

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Welcome, to the post large, high-res pictures of the Neon Genesis Evangelion cast MEGATHREAD!

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I want a girl with a mind like a diamond. I want a girl who knows what's best. I want a girl with shoes that cut and eyes that burn like cigarettes.
I want a girl with the right allocations, who is fast and thorough and sharp as a tack. She is playing with her jewellery, she is putting up her hair. She is touring the facility and picking up slack.
I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

krampster2 posted:

can someone pls make a general mecha anime thread so i know which are the best mecha anime thanks because i haven't watched many ok bye

It's Patlabor, hth.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Endorph posted:

'I have a yellow fever so bad that it's more like a yellow plague.'

lol

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

My favourite anime game is Beyond Good and Evil.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

I think in the future I'll just get VNs and RTSs and the like. Action gaming on the PC doesn't seem quite ready for primetime

Ha ha, good one. Good poo poo.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Watching the Maison Ikkoku movie and it's like that episode Pinky and the Brain and Larry. Who the gently caress is this Nikaido guy?

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

FPS games = kb/m.
Anything else = controller.

I can't even imagine trying to play RTS or Point and Click (or text based for that matter) Adventures without a keyboard and mouse.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Half life isn't great with a keyboard and mouse, I keep falling off ledges

lol, the thread that keeps on giving.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I feel gypped. Kozue's only appearance was in the end credits.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

If I were in charge of Jurrasic World, I'd take a leaf from Walt Disney World's book and add more than just one island of dinosaur safaris. What resorts do they offer? Are there golf courses? If interest is waning, maybe a few new rides would make more sense than a new dinosaur species. By The Lost World we saw that they had multiple islands under JP administration.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Yeah, RIP.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Help me chat thread. I've just finished Lovely Complex and I don't know of any more good romance dramas/comedies/dramadies to watch (I'll wait until My Love Story finishes before watching that). Any suggestions would be appreciated. No manga though.
These are the shows I know I've already seen off the top of my head.

Lovely Complex
Maison Ikkoku
His and Her Circumstances
Kids on the Slope
Say "I Love You"
My Little Monster
Honey and Clover

Thanks in advance. (Seriously though, no manga.)

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

K. Flaps posted:

Nodame Cantabile.

Jostiband posted:

Seeing a distinct lack of Paradise Kiss in that list so far. Also maybe some Nodame Cantabile?

e: Curse you Flaps! :argh:

Thank you. I look forward to checking both of these out.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Toradora. It has an actual ending and everything.

Thanks for the suggestion.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Truga posted:

People already mentioned nodame and toradora, which are both must watch really, but here's a couple more:

Whisper of the heart. This one owns. Plus, it's ghibli.
Clannad is good, sequel is even better. For very different reasons though.
Cross game is the best thing by Adachi Mitsuru, which is saying a lot imo. Has a lot of baseball too, if that's your thing.
Full moon wo sagashite. Don't let the opening trick you, this is a depressive and angsty as gently caress shoujo drama. :v: Really good though.
Kimagure orange road is old, but still one of my favourites. Has a great soundtrack.

I decided against bringing up movies, but Whisper of the Heart is without a doubt my favourite Ghibli film. Ocean Waves and Only Yesterday are other good Ghibli dramas too.
Thanks for reminding me about Kimagure Orange Road. I've been meaning to get around to that one for a while.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm guessing this is from that Amagi Brilliant Park show, because that looks like something from Rollercoaster Tycoon.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Oh okay, that makes sense then.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

it looks much more like a Kawajiri film though.

I'm not sure why, but there's something I just don't like about that dude's style.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

sweet. sakura is the best

Uh no, Chun Li is.

Exhibit A:

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Zorak posted:

I don't dislike Evangelion, I just think that it's rather overrated and not really what I'd consider a MUST WATCH by any means.

Also Oshii is not a very good director, sorry. Good ideas, great at imagery, but ehh. None of his films really scream to be put on the list, I think.

ALSO I think the list is done enough, thanks for your insight everyone!

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

littleorv posted:

drat, only two.

I agree with both those results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I need a new show to watch.

When's the last time you watched His and Her Circumstances?

• Locked thread