Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Oh, look! It seems the hosting rights to a fourth World Cup may have been won by bribery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Germany is a good country.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Quick, everyone act surprised!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Germany is a good country.

They've had at least one leader that's had a few good ideas.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

I'm shocked! Shocked!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cancel the Moscow & Qatar games or all of this will have been for naught.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Just cancel football.

All of it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Firos posted:

Just cancel football.

All of it.

Henceforth it shall be called "Soccer."

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Is there a World Cup that wasn't obtained by bribery?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Dr Pepper posted:

Henceforth it shall be called "Soccer."

This is the real tragedy.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Host all world cups on the most poo poo strewn pasture/field of every member country in rotation from now on imo.

Except Qatar.

gently caress Qatar.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh i don't mind russia getting the world cup that much because at least you can physically play football in russia in the summer and, well, they bought it fair and square by modern FIFA standards

qatar, though, is just silly

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
FIFA should use its funding to create a Sealandia-style artificial sovereign venue that can be disassembled and airlifted into different locations to host the world cup.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Discendo Vox posted:

FIFA should use its funding to create a Sealandia-style artificial sovereign venue that can be disassembled and airlifted into different locations to host the world cup.

One more step on the path to making anime real.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
abolish the world cup, replace it with blitzball

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rollofthedice posted:

Maybe somebody blackmailed FIFA. Or took hostages. Something like that.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

pangstrom posted:

Maybe somebody blackmailed FIFA. Or took hostages. Something like that.

Bribery's much easier, especially when it's not your own personal funds being used for the bribes (or you're going to get kickbacks that more than cover it).

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I'm just saying that those are more likely than anything happening on the up and up, it's not that kind of dance.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 18, 2015

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Rollofthedice posted:

I choose to believe that the U.S. did not obtain the 1994 World Cup through bribery. We have all the guns, we ain't gotta bribe poo poo.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rollofthedice posted:

Yeah, the women's

because FIFA don't give a poo poo about women's soccer

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

The Larch posted:

I choose to believe that the U.S. did not obtain the 1994 World Cup through bribery. We have all the guns, we ain't gotta bribe poo poo.

uh why do you think this investigation got going bro

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

V. Illych L. posted:

uh why do you think this investigation got going bro

A doofus went and shot the IRS the bird with a condo for his cats and no taxes. Just pay your taxes and the IRS don't care about soccer in the sand.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The Women's U-20 next year was supposed to be held in South Africa or something. When the host backed out with short notice, FIFA approached Sweden and asked them to take over hosting duties for the tournament. But apparently Blatter needed asian votes for his latest reelection because when the formal decision was made, suddenly football giants Papua New Guinea was given hosting duties.

Now Papua New Guinea might back out because with Blatter suspended they won't get any bribe money they cannot guarantee things like player safety and healthcare.

e: how did i get here this isnt the Ray Parlour

R.S. Gumby fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 17, 2015

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Discendo Vox posted:

Already been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0frSn0zNHM

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Nintendo Kid posted:

abolish the world cup, replace it with blitzball
or mesoamerican ballgame

or battlebots

or combine those two and you get drone quidditch

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

or mesoamerican ballgame

or battlebots

or combine those two and you get drone quidditch

I'd watch it.

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005
Sepp had a little breakdown. He needs to stay alive long enough to face the courts or extradition or something :pray:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34787547

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Yeah, the women's

The womens world cup was awarded by default after all the other bidding nations pulled out.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Discendo Vox posted:

FIFA should use its funding to create a Sealandia style artificial sovereign venue that can be disassembled and airlifted into different locations to host the world cup.

So many world problems could be solved by a functioning one world government that owned a chunk of land like say all of Switzerland or Belgium, sort of like how the USA has Washington D C. Just a permanent venue for world cup and the Olympics. Plus the bureaucracy, group projects like the large Haddon colider, science centers and world universitys, all that stuff.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 12, 2015

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

So many world problems could be solved by a functioning one world government that owned a chunk of land like say all of Switzerland or Belgium, sort of like how the USA has Washington D C. Just a permanent venue for world cup and the Olympics.

And, when the time comes, Thunderdome!

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pope Guilty posted:

And, when the time comes, Thunderdome!

I think you mean the international criminal court good sir.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

I think you mean the international criminal court good sir.

Break a deal, spin the wheel is actually part of the new TPP.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

So many world problems could be solved by a functioning one world government that owned a chunk of land like say all of Switzerland or Belgium, sort of like how the USA has Washington D C. Just a permanent venue for world cup and the Olympics. Plus the bureaucracy, group projects like the large Haddon colider, science centers and world universitys, all that stuff.

And this one world government will be a benevolent overseer. Free from corruption, and certainly not an opportunity for people like Hillary Clinton to pursue their own selfish interests of power while helping their donors along the way

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Ah, yes, of all the corrupt interests a one world government could possibly be beholden to, noted war criminal and dark lord Hillary Clinton is the most threatening. :psyduck:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Quorum posted:

Ah, yes, of all the corrupt interests a one world government could possibly be beholden to, noted war criminal and dark lord Hillary Clinton is the most threatening. :psyduck:

SHE'S GONNA TAKE MY GUNS!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Imagine the insane security state apparatus that would grow around this kind of territory. War on Terror paranoia amped up to 11.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

FIFA has released a list of five approved candidates for the election, notably not including Platini (though they said if he wins his appeal he could go on the list).

Prince Ali, some guy from Bahrain, Champagne, Gianni Infantino (who I've never heard of), and a fifth guy.

e: the fifth guy is Tokyo Sexwale

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 12, 2015

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sex-whale?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

FIFA has released a list of five approved candidates for the election, notably not including Platini (though they said if he wins his appeal he could go on the list).

Prince Ali, some guy from Bahrain, Champagne, Gianni Infantino (who I've never heard of), and a fifth guy.

e: the fifth guy is Tokyo Sexwale

Between this and the Russians getting hammered over their athletics performance by Dick Pound, we live in an amazing time for sporting names. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

This comes up in a lot of soccer threads :11tea:

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 13, 2015

• Locked thread