Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tirinal
Feb 5, 2007

Family Values posted:

'Lukewarm' is wildly optimistic, try utter apathy. If you guys want to return the favor and investigate our sports leagues that would be great; sadly I doubt any of them used your banks.

Also an EU-led investigation of the NFL would probably be casus belli. The national guard would be mustered.

In any case, the sentiment common to my European friends re: FIFA is basically "burn the fuckers" and that this is the best American global initiative since WWII.

tirinal fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
Yeah. When I woke up and read the news I was wholly uninterested, and then midway down the article they mentioned RICO and my eyebrows shot up. I'm amazed it's not mentioned in every headline.

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007
I wouldn't particularly put it past them, but how do you even manage to kill 4,000 workers while building facilities? Unless the construction sites literally involve chunks of cement being flung by trebuchets, that is far too high a number for workplace casualties. Even if you don't give a poo poo about safety, you can't kill that many people and build a stadium at the same time.

What are the actual causes of death?

• Locked thread