Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

B: lukewarm national sentiment towards soccer. If this were the UK or Germany for example then FIFA could threaten to ban them from International competition as effective leverage

'Lukewarm' is wildly optimistic, try utter apathy. If you guys want to return the favor and investigate our sports leagues that would be great; sadly I doubt any of them used your banks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's so cute that the rest of the world doesn't realize how thoroughly the DOJ will gently caress FIFA.

I think you're too optimistic, or I'm too cynical, because if they start getting blowback ("the US is destroying our game!") I can see them quietly wrapping up the case and taking plea deals from a few midlevel patsies.

• Locked thread