Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mdemone posted:

How much space does a million pages take up?!? Seems like it would be the size of a small room at least.

A printer paper box contains 10 reams of paper at 500 pages a ream. At that level of density you'd need 200 of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Fifa president Sepp Blatter and Uefa boss Michel Platini have been suspended for eight years from all football-related activities following an ethics investigation (he's still FIFA president however).

quote:

They were found guilty of breaches surrounding a £1.3m ($2m) "disloyal payment" made to Platini in 2011.
The Fifa ethics committee found Blatter and Platini had demonstrated an "abusive execution" of their positions.
"I will fight for me and for Fifa," Blatter, 79, said at a news conference.
Platini said the decision was a "masquerade" intended to "dirty" his name.
Both men continue to deny wrongdoing and intend to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas).
Swiss Blatter and 60-year-old Frenchman Platini have also been fined £33,700 ($40,000) and £54,000 ($80,000) respectively.
Fifa boss since 1998, Blatter had already announced he was quitting with a presidential election in February.
Platini was tipped as a future leader of football's world governing body and is a three-time European Footballer of the Year.
He is also a former captain of France and has been in charge of Uefa - European football's governing body - since 2007.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

Money and practice.

To an outsider (i.e. football-illiterate American that I am) it mostly sounds like they're just using all the noise to air some dirty laundry. The lower downs get to wag their fingers at Blatter while not actually taking any action, and Blatter gets to look like he's being punished without being actually punished.

He had a press conference where he basically said "Suck it nerds, I'm still the President of FIFA."

• Locked thread