Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

The Swiss are apparently prohibiting Blatter from leaving Switzerland right now.

This is why (well, one of the many reasons) you always take Henry Kissinger as an example.

He probably has a page in his little notebook devoted to "countries that do not have extradition treaties with any relevant states, in descending order of preference".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gravel Gravy posted:

Which are apparently:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal,

Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

Vatican, Vietnam and Yemen.

This is the Blatter List, presumably.

Assuming he's going into retirement, the UAE/Qatar and Russia are the obvious choices. :getin: But I personally might roll with Vietnam, Indonesia, or one of the Stans.

There's a bit more choice than I expected!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Dolash posted:

Seal Team Six extract Putin from the Kremlin to face justice... for international sporting events related bribery.

Someone better be on the phone to a Hollywood movie exec right now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Jonad posted:

Berlusconi is an infamously corrupt former Italian Prime Minister who is still somehow in poslitics despite being under prosecution for corruptions for years and being basically the modern version of Nero. Henry Paulson was the head of the US Treasury during some of the Bush years which means he was involved in both banking and a right leaning government which in D&D terms basically means he is UltraHitler Supreme 2000EX. Paulson is/was probably only corrupt in the way that virtually every Senator, Congressman and Governor in the US is.

Paulson lost his bid to be one of the most corrupt people in the history of the US when his demand for total, completely opaque control of the entire financial bailout was denied.

In hindsight, maybe he should have been less ambitious with his starting offer.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

"If you go to jail and lose all your money, who will take care of your cats, mister Blazer?"

I hope they'll be okay. It's always the innocent victims who suffer worst. :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:unsmith:

At least something nice happened today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Cythereal posted:

This is what people were saying when this thread started: RICO may be slow moving, but it's some of the nastiest laws on the books in the US.

Yeah, the thread atmosphere change from "oh good, we're arresting some dudes for corruption, it won't really matter" to "Jesus Christ, they're bringing RICO charges, Sepp Blatter and everyone he's ever met are going to the pokey forever" was hilarious.

• Locked thread