Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

It's sadly hilarious that the best target Obama can find for his lame duck crusade is FIFA corruption. It's hilariously sad that FIFA, simultaneously, warrants it.

We could've slapped around the IOC just as readily, but FIFA has more money and arguably deserves it more.

Edit: This is how loving ridiculous FIFA was: Chuck Blazer, the American who's plead guilty to corruption and is cooperating with the FBI, kept a $6000/month apartment in Manhattan for just his cats.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

I actually more suspect everyone's terrified to talk to anyone else, for fear that person will get indicted and flip.

Or getting ready to flip. If it were me, I'd be assembling paperwork and counting how many scalps I can hand to the FBI in order to save my own.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The NYTimes has published a handy graphic that shows who at FIFA has been indicted/plead guilty and where they fit in the hierarchy.

How the Indicted Officials Fit Into FIFA

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gen. Ripper posted:

Wasn't Polanski hiding out in France?

Polanski hides out and whines about how persecuted he is in a lot of different places.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

V. Illych L. posted:

we'll see. my money is, again, on platini angling to run but we will see.

Platini's gutless. If he had any character, he'd have challenged Blatter in the last election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
These guys are going to fold like a house of cards. A snarling US attorney waves 10 years under the nose of a 60-ish football executive and tells him that either he rolls or he's going to die a penniless ex-con? Those people are going to offer up everyone that they know.

If I were Blatter I might be seriously considering suicide.

• Locked thread