Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Okay in exchange for this Spain Argentina Italy Brazil England have to draw straws. The US gets to pick the best young striker/forward from the short straw's pool okay? Please it's ugly over here we need help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
RICO is Suave.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

StandardVC10 posted:

Why did that happen anyway? Did someone have a friend in the astroturf business?
I'm sure it's that too but yeah field turf / polytan etc. is creeping up into more and more serious games, and most of the teams that don't play matches on it still train on it. Definitely better than what USA v. Mexico was played on a couple months ago.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Spazzle posted:

What is context to why international soccer fans are so actively pissed at fifa?
Well, computer pretending to be a person, FIFA leverages people's love for soccer into money for people working at FIFA. This beak-wetting trumps the interest of the fans, the game, local governments, fairness, etc. Qatar getting the World Cup was when it really jumped the shark I think, but you can watch John Oliver videos if you want the other highlights.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

GlyphGryph posted:

From what I understand, the IOC likes to see 80% support before considering a city.
They're probably going to have to modify that because the cat is kind of out of the bag re: hosting the Olympics.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rollofthedice posted:

Is there a World Cup that wasn't obtained by bribery?
Maybe somebody blackmailed FIFA. Or took hostages. Something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I'm just saying that those are more likely than anything happening on the up and up, it's not that kind of dance.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 18, 2015

• Locked thread