Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Getting Blatter also requires Switzerland to OK extraditing a citizen to the US.

Thankfully it looks like he and FIFA have so disgusted and pissed off so many people that nobody is inclined to defend him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I keep thinking that the inability of any US city to provide the kind of sterile branding area that Olympic sponsors demand would be a major hitch in any plans to host. The ACLU is very quick to attack any attempt to create a marketing Clean Zone on public areas and they have the law on their side.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's not a big deal and it only lasts for the month or that it happens.

It is a very big deal for the sponsors when the ACLU get an injunction in place before the event and anyone can walk around marketing at their paid for audience :qq:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Jonked posted:

You can be a sleazy fucker on your own time. It's when your sleazy fucker boss is telling you to do sleazy loving things as a matter of everyday business, and you're not paying taxes or making DAs look bad with your sleazy loving - that's different. You can't do that in America.

The trouble is there are so many sleazy fucker things you can do just this side of legality.

SlipUp posted:

I definitely heard all the stories coming in to this and I knew these guys were screwed. I've just never seen it in action before. The only other time I personally remember it coming up was one of those corrupt juvie judges. Watching it drag a corrupt international organization down to cannibalize itself in real time is pretty loving amazing. This is the most high profile RICO case ever.

I'd be worried if I was the IOC.

Maybe they can do the NFL next.

Formula One :getin:

• Locked thread