Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Gordon Shumway posted:

Not surprised that Blatter won't risk going to a country that might extradite him to present the Women's World Cup, considering how little he thinks of women's soccer. He didn't put any thought into how to generate more interest in the Women's World Cup than "skimpier uniforms". He seems genuinely delusional, though, if he thinks that he's going to maintain his position and not end up in jail.

This is from a couple pages ago, but bulldozing big sections of Boston is going to be a nightmarishly complicated undertaking, especially if Bob Kraft gets his way and they use taxpayer money. There are a ton of National Register buildings, districts, and landmarks in Boston that you would need to spend at least a year doing just historic architectural and archaeological surveys (I think it took around a year to do the work for the Central Artery Project, for example), let alone the rest of the logistical crap you'd need to do.

From what I understand, they want the soccer stadium to be permanent. Kraft was going to build a stadium and move the Revolution up to Boston (where attendance would be much higher; I guess a lot of soccer fans living in the city don't have the means to travel to Foxboro) sometime between 2018 and 2020, if memory serves. But now he's going to hold off on moving the team until 2024 so he can just take over the Olympic stadium and not have to be the one who's footing the entire bill for a new stadium.

Not really, I'm looking to buy a house near there because its some of the cheapest land still available in the city and its ripe for gentrification as they're running out of poo poo to bulldoze in the seaport district next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

ocrumsprug posted:

Private money isn't building those stadiums.

I know the Patriot's is built with private money, surely its not the only one.

• Locked thread