Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I don't care if this game has a terrible UI, it allows me to kill people by chaining them up and feeding them their own poo poo until they die.

e: I can make a pubbie prison and make them feed each other their own poo poo until they die. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This game runs bad because UE4 is not nearly as nice and well-optimized of an engine as UE3 was. This is the second PC UE4 launch this year off the top of my head to just run like total rear end for most people, even with relatively beefy rigs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

THE PENETRATOR posted:

tbh Hatred only runs like rear end because of three reasons:
1) defaults to Ultra settings, one of which is particles / building destruction, which means there is a LOT of stuff on the ground if you blow buildings up
2) the entire map is always loaded in memory
3) nothing despawns. ragdolls, rubble, guns... nothing

Once you deal with #1 then unless you're running a piece of garbage from half a decade ago you're set and the game runs fine.

idk if you're talking about another UE4 game though.

I was talking about Mortal Kombat X. I can max Shadow of Mordor and yet I get barely playable FPS on low everything with MKX. Also, I thought Hatred was on Unity.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blister posted:

MKX is a highly modified UE3 still

:stare: Holy poo poo, you're not even joking, what the gently caress? That makes it even more baffling that HVS hosed that up so badly.