Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What I want to know about the photo quality thing is will the setting be retroactive?

Right now, I have it set to upload originals. I have like 1tb of google space through various promotions so I really don't care right now. After those promos expire though, I'm not sure I will want to pay to keep that space.

So, if I upload all of mine at original quality now, am I going to have to remove and re-upload later to move them to unlimited if my space trails expire and I don't want to pay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Tunga posted:

Changing the upload type doesn't affect any photos that are already uploaded (see here under "Can I change my mind").

So, basically you are stuck.

If I upload 15gb worth of photos at original quality and I let my 1tb of promotion expire, my Drive space will be effectively cutoff for any new additions and in order to move photos to "unlimited", I'll have to remove and re-upload them (which means I will have to redo all album work as well.)

So, what this is essentially encouraging me to do right now is zero out my photo library and start from scratch with "High quality" so I can ensure that photos are never going to take up any or my Google storage.

It would be nice if they gave you a "convert to high quality" option on existing photos.

• Locked thread