Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Dat

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
I need to make it look like an accident so I can get a new TV because my wife won't let me get a new one until our old one breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

open up the case and snip a single wire in there so it just won't work anmore

ty manifisto

alnilam

while it is still working, sell it on craiglist and leave the money on the tv table where it usedf to be and when she gets home tell her a thief took it but the thief felt bad and left payment for it

ty manifisto

alnilam

learn to have better communication and mutual respect in your relationship to the point that you don't feel like you have to deceive her

ty manifisto

Who Dat

alnilam posted:

learn to have better communication and mutual respect in your relationship to the point that you don't feel like you have to deceive her

but I do I say "honey I think we should get a new tv this one sucks and crushes blacks so I can't enjoy any of our movies with great visuals" and she asks "well I don't notice it"

she's being difficult.

cuntman.net

alnilam posted:

while it is still working, sell it on craiglist and leave the money on the tv table where it usedf to be and when she gets home tell her a thief took it but the thief felt bad and left payment for it

nonazis

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
an ice pick. unless it's a crt, in which case don't do anything to it because it'll literally explode or start a fire or electrocute you

FartGhost

if a relative or friend is about to leave for a long time you can ask them to destroy the tv for you, then you can tell your wife they did it in a fit of rage and that you're not talking to them for a long while

alnilam

if it's a CRT you can mod it and turn it into a simple oscilloscope, or use the high-voltage DC transformer inside to do cool science projects like power a biefeld-brown effect lifter, she can't be mad because you are doing Science and learning cool things to better yourself

ty manifisto

Who Dat

drat these are all pretty good I might have to make a poll to see which one the populace likes the most :allears:

alnilam

are we going for stealth or wow-factor here

ty manifisto

alnilam

it's dumb to disable a mostly good tv just to get another one sooner when someone out there could be using it, go for the craigslist/thief one

ty manifisto

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Make jokes about it's mother.

----------------

morning wood
[scribbles text of OP in "reasons not to get married" notebook]

alnilam

drilldo squirt posted:

Make jokes about it's mother.

television sets are machines, they don't hate mothers or emotions or central nervous systems and they ca'nt understand human speech, i don't see how this would work

ty manifisto

drilldo squirt

Yeah they do, don't be racist alnilam.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Put your computer near it and don't use the TV. Loudly exclaim how wonderful it is compared to a TV, how it can do everything it can, but better, and wonder aloud why you even need a TV. Nature will take it from there

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

Whenever you have company make snide remarks about the tv like it's not in the room and then act dismissive when confronted.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Leave tv catalogs around and make passive aggressive remarks about it in the margins.

----------------

alnilam

very carefully :D

drilldo squirt

Disguise it as a young black man and call the police, tell them it's stealing itself.

----------------

i am he

let the free market decide

blinking beacon nose

birthday frog comes bearing gifts and special birthday wishes
do you have any pets? just fuckin throw the thing on the floor and scatter pet hair all around it......

blinking beacon nose

or scatter her hair around it?

Cyber Dog

its a perfectly good tv

drilldo squirt

You should break the tv op, destroy it, put your fist through it and kick it.

----------------

blinking beacon nose

give it to me

FartGhost

balance it on your head, when your wife walks in go m'lady and tilt it slightly so it falls off. that way its also kind of her fault

i am he

FartGhost posted:

balance it on your head, when your wife walks in go m'lady and tilt it slightly so it falls off. that way its also kind of her fault

lol

Who Dat

FartGhost posted:

this is wonderful because it makes her responsible, what a great way to turn the tables.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
light it on fire

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
who destroyed what is kind of an abstract concept anyway

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cyber Dog

"if we take the tv apart piece by piece, at what point does it stop being a tv?"

tao of lmao

i am he posted:

let the free market decide

let the invisible hand push it off your tv stand

bacalou

"hey honey, I sold the tv because it was coming between us and I can't let that happen. would you like to look newer models we can enjoy together?"

verily carefree

Buy it a forums account and it will eventually destroy itself

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
put the tv on a small slant so it slowly slides until it falls. film it too.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

joke_explainer

stuff the tube full of garlic, bury it during a full moon. only way to make sure it won't come back.

Wertjoe

Start slowly filling it with lunch meat. Eventually it will start to stink and you can say "hey, honey, what's that smell? Oh! That's odd! Its coming from the TV!? Better get rid of it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

alnilam posted:

• Locked thread