Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Biowarfare posted:

or overfeed pigs and gather the item called 'poo poo'

How do you feed pigs to get poo poo? We've been tryin to figure it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
this is korean

how grindy is this poo poo?

and they don't have a monetization plan, so what, no cash shop in the future? (which is nice, but who says they won't add a cashshop? correct me if I'm wrong) what'll stop them from loving this game up come launch?

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Ive only played a few hours, but there doesnt seem to be much of a grind. You can pretty much jump right in.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Lastgirl posted:

and they don't have a monetization plan, so what, no cash shop in the future? (which is nice, but who says they won't add a cashshop? correct me if I'm wrong) what'll stop them from loving this game up come launch?

we dont need plans in this new brave age of 20 dollar mmo games

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

we dont need plans in this new brave age of 20 dollar mmo games

yea your rite, gently caress it :xd:

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Where does iron spawn?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
any directions / how i can get to your tent circle? it's weekend hit and now i have some spare time

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Biowarfare posted:

any directions / how i can get to your tent circle? it's weekend hit and now i have some spare time

hop on CTS mumble and we can give you directions! Bought the game, it is now 8:30 am and i still haven't slept.... Why did i do this D:

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Resources are regional to encourage trading, so one biome has iron, one has mithril etc.
haven't seen any iron though

Remb fucked around with this message at 08:40 on May 30, 2015

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
but where is meteor

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Iron can be found in the waste land just south of the big mountain in the middle. And in the mountain. Meteors can be found southeast of the wasteland. Mithril is all over the drat place.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Harrowers guide to fightin' round the world:

Rats: Far less threatening than your usual rpg rat. The only threat they poses is you may chase them near something nasty while trying to kill them. Drops small meat and small leather. Notable because the first tier of blacksmithing poo poo needs small leather and I don't think anything else drops it at all. Also they are kinda rare so if you want to swing weapons at guys you should kill all rats for their tiny pelts and stockpile them any chance you get.

Cows: As threatening as rats. Drops large meat, oil, and big leather. In fairly large quantities. Can also be picked up and carried around so you can bring them to your lovely hobo shack.

Pig: same as cow.

Deer: Same as cows though these fuckers like to run like crazy and it's really annoying. They drop less resources.

Chicken: As threatening as rats. Drops small meat, feathers, and eggs. Feathers are needed for all sorts of crafting poo poo and I don't think you can get them anywhere else.

Bears: Hits pretty hard, has some hp. Will dumpster your fresh off the boat rear end. Get some weapons and some hitpoints before fighting them. Same drops as cows + occasionally drops whole fish.

Kobolds aka little dog men: Doesn't hit hard, doesn't have much health, still a threat though until you have a weapon and some stats. Drops linen and coins.

Sharkmen: Same as Kobolds but also drops fish meats and beating up these guys trains the fishing skill.

Zombies: About the same as a bear. Drops dirt, maggots, rotten meat (poisons you), coins, and linen.

Skeleton: Same as bear/zombie. Drops same as zombies but bone chips too.

Angry tree spirits: Ambushes occasionally while cutting down trees. Weak hits, low hp, not a big threat. Drops a ton of firewood.

Walking plant monsters: Weak hits, low hp, either no defense or a vulnerability to slashing weapons whatevs. Drops bundled fibers or whatever + random seeds.

Lizardmen: Same as skeleton/zombies/bears. Drops linen and coins.

Goblins: Hits pretty hard, has a lot of hp. Drops a lot of linen and coins.

Lizardmen captain: Stronger than goblins, same drops.

Ogres: High level poo poo. Tons of hp, tons of armor, hits like a truck. You'll need either an extreme goon pile or high level gear to fight them. Drops tons of linen, coins, and lava rocks.

hth

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

so a dude walked into our base and started looting out of workbenches. we tried to retaliate and went red. got rocked cause he had good metal armor/weps. bestest game ever

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Ugh, I might wanna pick this up but there's so much early access already in my steam D:

Nvm: I bought it. I lasted like 30 minutes or something.

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 30, 2015

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

HOW TO FIND US
dark blue: our base
green: hills separating us and our allies
light blue: our allies - [WISC]

BLESS THIS MESS

ALLIES IN POOPSOCKING

e: [WISC] are our allies because we found corn and told them how to find it. hopefully that grants us enough political capital to not get steamrolled. as they are the largest/poopsockiest group right on our doorstep, we aren't going to gently caress with them. everyone else around us is fair game because they all suck afaik.

jimlit, if you'd add the above to the op, that'd be just swell.

my next move as lowtaxian ambassador is to join their voip and have some chat with wisc's dear leader. maybe establish ~things~ like joint raids and poo poo.

Blazing Zero fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 30, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Here's my 1 hour or so experience:
Logged in at night time, so the first thing I did was nothing for a few minutes. Night time is hardcore. You basically can't see anything, even with torches, and the landscape is heavily peppered with zombies and skeletons which put up a decent fight at first. Once the sun rolled in, I got to work punching trees for wood to make tools and apples to eat. The hunger mechanic is serious business too, to keep yourself full enough to have HP regeneration you probably need to eat something substantial every 2 minutes. Once I had some basic supplies I started grinding mobs that dropped linen to make bandages, occasionally stopping to find more food. After I had the basics down, I met up with other goons in our makeshift HQ and got to work making a survivor's tent which is the first storage building. After I got that up, I had to secure the container so people couldn't take from it. To do this I needed to make a lock. To make a lock I needed to raise my tinkering. To raise my tinkering I needed to make torches out of twigs -- so I went back to beating trees.

The game looks like poo poo. Combat is overly simplistic. The music is garbage. Basically all of your activities are endless busywork.
Somehow it's endearing though, and watching someone walk into our camp, grab one of our animals, and walk into the setting sun was hilarious.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

First 30 minutes experience:

Game is absolute poo poo and I ran all the way to the Goon base only to find <RussianMaffia> there going Добро пожаловать! or something. So I realised I was on the EU server and that's not right.
I suck.

US Server experience:

Instantly get hit by two people and get killed. Now we're talking.

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 30, 2015

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
In game as dandemus, made it to the base and I have a little cabin with a lock and everything. Game seems good for this genre if not particularly innovative.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

This game might provide just enough to keep me punished between Albion alphas/launch. After work today, I'm gunna see If some goons wana run a train on goblins so we can stock up on linen.

Best moment so far is rolling my character "Bighead" and seeing "Pighead" and "Bignoggin" in the starting location. These models are outrageous.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 30, 2015

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Updated op with blazings info. Those are some fine looking bases!

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Baldbeard posted:

Basically all of your activities are endless busywork.

Name a sandbox game where this is not a case.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
maplestory 2

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

In game as Ninogan. I'mma just roll around solo for at least the first immediate period to learn the game. Also since just recently my neck has gotten all hosed up and I need to visit some physical therapist to fix it so I can't have my headset on that much but once I get more familiar with the game so I don't have to ask stupid questions every single minute I'll get on mumble again.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
New rule for the goonbase: Clean your poo poo out of the crafting tables or it's getting tossed on the ground/used. Ain't nobody got time for this poo poo. If you are at the table using it we can form a line or give each other hand jobs or whatever.

futile
May 18, 2009
Dear goons I want to kill bad guys in this game with you. I swear to god if I have to install loving mumble

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

futile posted:

Dear goons I want to kill bad guys in this game with you. I swear to god if I have to install loving mumble

oh futile, its nope from AA. WB dude, hope to see you in here

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

So this is by no means a good game. But it is fun and hella adictive, and you can make people hella mad. 20 bucks well spent!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

there's plenty of folks around us that need killing :getin:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im still tempted to buy this lovely dumb game for idiots

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

A PvP flagged naked guy has been respawning in our base trying to punch our buildings and steal my watermelons for the past 3 hours. If someone could keep a watch and just cut him down every 3 minutes that would be great.

Edit: Logged in 10 hours later and he's still here. Anyone with the tag <uxa> isn't friendly and likely doesn't understand English and is also very dumb

Remb fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 31, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I walked up to a house today and 3 shirtless guys came up to the fence and asked me what my business was. I said, "Just looking" and the leader said "Fair 'nuff". He flashed a crude axe and watched me leave.

Then someone recognized my guild tag and called me a "Cow theif motherfucker" and jumped off his tent swinging a wooden paddle. I killed him and cleaned out his workbench full of ore. Later I had a goon make me a sword out of it.

Then I made a bunch of arrows out of poo poo I stole and leveled up my archery by shooting at rocks and trees.

All in all a pretty good night.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i grew some ginseng and baked it for +170 stamina per piece and chased down a dude while chewing root the whole way. keep stacks of + stamina items and never worry about movement speed again

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Got the game and hope to kill lots of pubbies with goons. In game as Katil.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
What the gently caress are the controls in this game?

Also, In game as TheFonz

Also what are soul pieces used for?

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 31, 2015

khan!
Aug 3, 2010

SweetBro posted:

What the gently caress are the controls in this game?

Also, In game as TheFonz

Also what are soul pieces used for?

Controls are minecraft-y.

Soul pieces make you respawn faster when you die.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

I made a IRC channel for people to chill in so that we can talk about this game even when we aint playin this game.

irc.synirc.net #treeofgoons

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I caved and brought this bad looking game, Still downloading right now

EDIT: Turns out it is very lovely as I can't even get past the loading screen

Stevefin fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 31, 2015

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I want to try something dumb. If anyone gets a rare quality item of any of the following types, and you don't want it as a trophy or whatever, put it in one of my guild locked houses.

Firewood
copper sculpture
braided vine/rope whatever the gently caress they are called.
dirt.
coal

See if i can make a weapon entirely crafted from high quality material and if it's worth the effort.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

12 hour downtime starting in ~20 min "critical hardware upgrades"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Jaroslav posted:

12 hour downtime starting in ~20 min "critical hardware upgrades"

Just as I fixed my problem. Oh well. I killed a few pubbies on a throw away character with my fists

• Locked thread