Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/102jAmuFMJeH3r33T5dPkmHOgLe5dYSCFVmPneE-toww/edit

Go ahead and add yourself, copied this spreadsheet from the Project Gorgon thread and changed it a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Was there any word if there is going to be a wipe at some point?

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Baldbeard posted:

Was there any word if there is going to be a wipe at some point?

From what i've heard, they want to avoid wiping as much as possible. But then again, it is an alpha

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Hey guys! I'm in as Dodgin with MH just like in Albion. We're yellow to you if you want. We have oil and copper to trade and most profs 20-30

e: including tinkering ;)

ee: Also up for joint runs, I can bring a crew of 10-12

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 31, 2015

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

I have become addicted to bad games club, so I will join.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

auzuguwu posted:

Go ahead and add yourself, copied this spreadsheet from the Project Gorgon thread and changed it a bit.
As the person who made the Project Gorgon spreadsheet by copying from the Age of Wushu goons,

Good Work

:coffeepal:

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

it's called tree of life because your life is chopping trees

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Remb posted:

it's called tree of life because your life is chopping trees

make sure to replant

-mother nature

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

dominoeffect posted:

make sure to replant

-mother nature

http://www.oddonegames.com/#!tree-of-life/c1ayr posted:

- Combat with strategy and tactics

As your village flourishes, it is more likely that monsters will plan attacks to steal your resources. You can hire guards or build defense towers or walls to keep your village safe. Even more, you can take revenge and attack monster’s village.

If you get along with monsters, they will help you when you are in danger. There are spirits of nature in forests, mines, and lakes. If you destroy their territory, they will attack you. But if you manage to balance development and preservation, you can keep a good relationship with them.

Domino, be our shaman and diplomat to nature

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Have we had anyone experience dungeons or see a dungeon entrance?

Also is ranching completely not in the game as of now?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Protip for walls that monsters wont attack:

|wall| |arrowtower| |wall|
|wall|.......................|wall|
|wall| |arrowtower| |wall|

dont load the towers

monsters hate arrow towers and will just look at the wall all night. If you want extra assurance put cows in there. God do they hate cows.

E: once again MH will trade egregious amounts of copper, lv20 tinker stuff, and oil for iron and small leather. We also deal in copper/silver/gold, if that is your fancy.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 31, 2015

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Game down for maintenance on my day off. This is the worst. I just want to get some pig poo poo and plant some seeds.

whats the haps yo
Feb 25, 2009

I am the Emperor, and I want dumplings.
I just bought the four pack of this so add four more goons to the settler's nightmare. I loved Hearth and Soul and Salem was cool. Looking forward to competing for top pig poo poo farmer.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
That's a paddlin'.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
what is wrong with you

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Baldbeard posted:

Game down for maintenance on my day off. This is the worst. I just want to get some pig poo poo and plant some seeds.

Yeah I have been out of town for the weekend and was looking forward to finally being able to lock pick all your houses join you guys.

did you make that?

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Jimlit posted:

Yeah I have been out of town for the weekend and was looking forward to finally being able to lock pick all your houses join you guys.

did you make that?
Yeah, sketching during game maintenances is a bad habit of mine.
It's too bad there isn't a lot of info on the alpha or really anything about the game, but I'm sure there's plenty of time for goon hijinks.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

futile posted:

Dear goons I want to kill bad guys in this game with you. I swear to god if I have to install loving mumble

Guessing you got banwaved off of AA?

futile
May 18, 2009
Nah I stopped playing awhile back. Trying to sell off the last of my stuff. Who are you?

dominoeffect posted:

oh futile, its nope from AA. WB dude, hope to see you in here
Hey I'll see you in-game once this poo poo comes back online

futile fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 1, 2015

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I was Avacado, haven't really kept up with anything that happened on Ollo since I quit around December, but I heard that a crapton of people got banned just recently so I made an assumption based on the timing.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

devs posted:

* We extend maintenance time for +4 hours.

Installing softwares takes longer than we expected.

Sorry for the bored waiting.

See yall @ 2am edt

src: http://steamcommunity.com/games/361800/announcements/detail/200754240948411637

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

If this were free I'd be all over it. Too many other games to play atm, not gonna drop 20 bucks when I don't really have the time to even try it.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

The classic 16 hour Korean workday

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Considering getting this game and playing a bit. It's been a while since I played a piece of poo poo with goons.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Rexicon1 posted:

Considering getting this game and playing a bit. It's been a while since I played a piece of poo poo with goons.

its a piece of poo poo, but its oddly satisfying beating up monsters with crude clubs and lovely axes

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
We can now make iron swords which are hella rad. Progress!

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Alright what's the secret to raising cooking skill as throwing poo poo into the fire isn't doing it.

Zerric
Jan 11, 2003
Big Dick Zerric
You have to use the countertop workbench to raise your cooking skill

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Was struggling with the hunger mechanics until I discovered fishing. Love fishing up whales.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Deki posted:

Was struggling with the hunger mechanics until I discovered fishing. Love fishing up whales.

What fishing skill did you start catching whales?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
5ish? I've only gotten 2 so far.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jimlit posted:

What fishing skill did you start catching whales?

I caught one my 3rd ever cast in the water

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Jaroslav posted:

We can now make iron swords which are hella rad. Progress!

Can you make a short list of ingredients needed for some basic weapons/armor? That way I can bring the right materials to get a sword or whatever made and extra for you to level with and make stuff for others.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
I'm going to try this out, character name is EnjoyablePidgeon.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

What is wrong with me? Why do I want to play this?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Saxophone posted:

because we are fundamentally broken people

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Saxophone posted:

Welcome to bad games club. We're all never not members.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

Baldbeard posted:

Can you make a short list of ingredients needed for some basic weapons/armor? That way I can bring the right materials to get a sword or whatever made and extra for you to level with and make stuff for others.

Armor is tailor, not blacksmith but really just keep helping us out with getting wood / leather / ores (especially iron ore atm) and we keep providing you dudes with weapons / armor. Theres a dedicated armor and a dedicated weapons shack now where you can take what you need.

We need a literal fuckton of iron ore so if people are bored and want to help out, go hunt for that! (it spawns in the brown are to the NW of our base)

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Some info for newer players looking for glory:

PVP mechanics
-Attacking yellow (neutral) players or their property, or stealing/lockpicking from locked houses will turn you red. The more bad things you do, the longer you are red for. The current duration of your red status is displayed as a debuff near your hunger meter. You have to be online for the timer to count down.
-Killing a yellow player causes one of their items/stacks at random to drop at their feet.
-Killing a red player causes all of their items to drop at their feet.

Taking from unlocked workstations, killing animals, stealing mounts, and harvesting farms do not cause you to turn red. You can also build in someone's base.

Raiding 101
First, check for [Lowtax] (us), or [WISC?] (our allies) guild tags. If they aren't a friendly target:
There is ample opportunity to steal from players and bait them into turning red.
Most players don't lock their workstations, which means you can literally take the ingredients they are currently working with without repercussion. If you see a base, or a town, or anywhere where players are gathering, sprint in and check workstations. You can almost always find stuff to take. I'd say 90% of the time, if there are players around you can find stuff to take. Guy sitting at a camp fire in the middle of nowhere? If the fire is lit, it means there is fuel -- fuel that you can take. He's probably also cooking food....that is now yours.

This enrages people, and a lot of the time they will attack you. That's exactly what you want because this turns them red, and now you can kill them and take everything.

All you really need is a non-fist weapon, some bandages, and a lot of food that recovers stamina for sprinting to run or catch prey (double tap W to sprint). Watermelon and ginseng are the two best stamina recovery items, so be sure to harvest them any time you see them and kill the plant monsters because they drop seeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Screw it. In as BulgeManthrust

• Locked thread