Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Whomever has any doubt that this game is terrible and bad is not wrong, but along with terribad comes great tears and no tears are better than PUBBIE tears...

Sorry for the wall of text in advanced...

code:
[10:05 AM] Jage: @AwfulCitizen you still against CoL?
[6:43 PM] Jage: Nah, we found out what CoL is all about.  Immortal will leave you guys be.
[6:45 PM] Jage: You are right about them.  Taking the side of CoL was stupid.  In any case I owe you.  Message me on steam some time.
[6:46 PM] Tempus Thales: you owe me?
[6:53 PM] Tempus Thales: so what was CoL all about?
[6:53 PM] Jage: Anyways CoL used immortal for an army acting like a passive guild
[6:54 PM] Jage: Some reason they turned on us. we got wind of the raid and hid all our stuff.  Rebuilt in 5 minutes and assaulted them non stop since then
[6:55 PM] Jage: Already been in their base a few times.  The outside of their base is trashed
[6:55 PM] Jage: In any case we aren't their protectors anymore so I'll leave you guys alone
[6:56 PM] Jage: Only reason I was going after you was my alliance with them.
[6:56 PM] Tempus Thales: we never did anything against immortal
[6:56 PM] Jage: No you didn't
[6:56 PM] Jage: It was all politics
[6:56 PM] Tempus Thales: so when did you discover that there were using you?
[6:57 PM] Jage: The last 2 days
[6:57 PM] Tempus Thales: i mean what happened?
[6:58 PM] Jage: They have a member citflux who is a firestarter
[6:59 PM] Jage: He organized a bunch of other guilds to go at us.
[6:59 PM] Jage: It was a one time deal
[7:00 PM] Tempus Thales: that's like backstabbing you guys
[7:00 PM] Jage: Exactly
[7:00 PM] Jage: So long story short we pretty much will spend all of our resources to make them miserable
[7:01 PM] Jage: Yea, well it was a bad call on my part.  I can admit when I gently caress up so I wanted you to know
[7:02 PM] Jage: No hard feelings it was all alliances.  Those are gone so no one from immortal should bother you anymore.
[7:04 PM] Jage: They were all newbs pretty much.  We thought we were protecting the small guys
[7:05 PM] Jage: But it was the impression you were 5 warriors
[7:05 PM] Tempus Thales: lol
[7:05 PM] Jage: Like I said
[7:06 PM] Jage: They are liars
[7:07 PM] Jage: Yea, and if you want to build again I know a base that needs more decorations around it lol
[7:08 PM] Jage: No I mean the CoL base, the area around it is being covered by other guilds poo poo
[7:08 PM] Jage: They are just being trolled out
[7:10 PM] Jage: I was just going to say that if you guys need anything when coming back to get on your feet just let me know
[7:11 PM] Jage: I'll help best I can while going after CoL
[7:11 PM] Tempus Thales: ok cool.
[7:12 PM] Tempus Thales: so basically you guys are stand alone.
[7:12 PM] Tempus Thales: you have nothing to do with VXNINE?
[7:12 PM] Jage: Nope
[7:12 PM] Jage: A few guilds heard about the betrayal and came to our side
[7:12 PM] Jage: Fullyloaded did not come to our side, nor did they betray
[7:12 PM] Jage: they stayed neautral
[7:16 PM] Jage: Like I said, you should go check out the new upgrades immortal, ironborn, oldguysgaming and wretched put around the Col Base
[7:16 PM] Jage: they have no chance for expansion anymore
[7:16 PM] Jage: They have been locked in their base, every time they go out they get KoS
[7:17 PM] Tempus Thales: what did you guys put out there?
[7:17 PM] Tempus Thales: traps?
[7:17 PM] Jage: No
[7:17 PM] Jage: Claimed the empty territory with walls, huts, you name it, small outposts
[7:18 PM] Jage: It's only going to grow further out just to make sure they don't do anything
[7:18 PM] Jage: repairs are cheap
[7:18 PM] Jage: Also we can destroy their turrets because they are in our territory now
[7:18 PM] Jage: Take it out on their leader
[7:18 PM] Tempus Thales: Lightseid?
[7:19 PM] Jage: he deserves it for harboring shitheads like them and citflux
[7:19 PM] Jage: Yep
[7:19 PM] Jage: He was part of the lies
[7:19 PM] Tempus Thales: what kind of gear are they in?
[7:19 PM] Tempus Thales: are they in full mithril?
[7:19 PM] Jage: Not anymore
[7:19 PM] Jage: I haven't seen any in a bit
[7:19 PM] Tempus Thales: what kind of gear are they in?
[7:19 PM] Tempus Thales: are they in full mithril?
[7:19 PM] Jage: Not anymore
[7:19 PM] Jage: I haven't seen any in a bit
[7:20 PM] Jage: mostly because we stole it when we took bounties lol
[7:20 PM] Tempus Thales: I saw Lightseid in the nithril area
[7:20 PM] Jage: Probably trying to start up a new set
[7:20 PM] Jage: The best armor I saw yesterday was ranger
[7:20 PM] Tempus Thales: no wonder there were a lot of red hoods on the map this past week
[7:22 PM] Jage: yep
[7:23 PM] Jage: One cluster was CoL inside the base hiding the other was the guilds helping us out
[7:26 PM] Tempus Thales: well good luck with your war. :smiley:
[7:27 PM] Tempus Thales: give them the same hell you gave me.
[7:27 PM] Tempus Thales: or more
[7:27 PM] Tempus Thales: just leave the cattle for us :smiley:
[7:28 PM] Jage: It will be worse
[7:28 PM] Jage: yours wasn't personal
[7:29 PM] Jage: This war is
[7:33 PM] Tempus Thales: well ibeat you guys are in full mithril too right? armed to the teeth?
[7:33 PM] Jage: I certainly am
[7:33 PM] Jage: Anyone who is able to is wearing it
[7:33 PM] Jage: We literally lost nothing during the raid
[7:33 PM] Jage: other than repair coin
More Pubbie Tears:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/361800/discussions/0/364042063115529746/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
some fresh pubbie tears 👀 👍👍👍👌👌👌👌👌noice 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌 👍👍 😆😆😆😆😆 goood poo poo my man 😂😂😂

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
I would like to formally apologize to Tempus for panicking and basically trying to convince the rest of the goon guild to cast him out for what happened. It wasn't really your fault, CoL did indeed start it and you did what you had to do, and they just cried and played the victim to get us attacked by guilds bigger than they were.

I bitched up such a storm at Tempus that I was likely an oblivious catalyst to a few goons no longer playing the game with us now, and for that I also apologize. I just wanted all the aggression to stop and for Tempus not to talk poo poo public forums related to the game because we have to essentially lay low and not try to piss anyone else off to survive. I know this isn't how goons typically do things but I am one of the foolish goons who fully supported the AA fishing pact as a compromising survival tactic.

It's me, I'm the shameful carebear goon.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

I was likely an oblivious catalyst to a few goons no longer playing the game with us now, and for that I also apologize.

i think you did a service to those goons that quit. congrats

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Blazing Zero posted:

some fresh pubbie tears 👀 👍👍👍👌👌👌👌👌noice 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯 👌👌👌👌👌👌👌 👍👍 😆😆😆😆😆 goood poo poo my man 😂😂😂

🔥🌲😗👌

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Ruggan posted:

🔥🌲😗👌

Same

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
ok

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
You guys, its ok to make a mistake and then forgive because it's video game and you can still kill mans and more importantly have fun.

Hope this helps your video game decisions in the future. I love you all, but mostly forge.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

You guys, its ok to make a mistake and then forgive because it's video game and you can still kill mans and more importantly have fun.

Hope this helps your video game decisions in the future. I love you all, but mostly forge.

:boom: the only mistake made here is your posting!! :boom:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

:boom: the only mistake made here is your posting!! :boom:

:drat: Sick burn, can you put it in a sickburntears.txt to put in the thread?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

I would like to formally apologize to Tempus for panicking and basically trying to convince the rest of the goon guild to cast him out for what happened. It wasn't really your fault, CoL did indeed start it and you did what you had to do, and they just cried and played the victim to get us attacked by guilds bigger than they were.

I bitched up such a storm at Tempus that I was likely an oblivious catalyst to a few goons no longer playing the game with us now, and for that I also apologize. I just wanted all the aggression to stop and for Tempus not to talk poo poo public forums related to the game because we have to essentially lay low and not try to piss anyone else off to survive. I know this isn't how goons typically do things but I am one of the foolish goons who fully supported the AA fishing pact as a compromising survival tactic.

It's me, I'm the shameful carebear goon.

You were a full blown angry pants all last night, mate.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
My only regret is that I couldn't be online to go red hunting and take any of their gear myself. This is one of the best outcomes to this saga I could have hoped for.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Morkon, I laid down a third gate at the north entrance.

Also, I like the farm wall+ladders idea. We'll have to incorporate that idea better into the center base whenever the time comes.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Cartouche posted:

You were a full blown angry pants all last night, mate.

It's a phase.... He will be alright by the morning...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kylra posted:

Morkon, I laid down a third gate at the north entrance.

Also, I like the farm wall+ladders idea. We'll have to incorporate that idea better into the center base whenever the time comes.

We implemented that ages ago and so far it's been working great. One entrance, many ladders...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Announcing: The Pubbie Thunderdome Coming Soon!

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Yeah I don't recall endorsing anything to that effect.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Yeah I don't recall endorsing anything to that effect.

well you have been appointed chief strategist mastermind for the Pubbie Thunderdome. The good thing is this position only requires balls. Go find a pair and when you do whisper me.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
This thread is making me want to play again so drat bad. If I do should I grind like christ or just head towards you guys?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Do what you wanna. We can make good weapons and adequate armor already. And the northern diamond base is in a pretty decent grind area for the places that are open so far.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kylra posted:

Do what you wanna. We can make good weapons and adequate armor already. And the northern diamond base is in a pretty decent grind area for the places that are open so far.

South base is in Silk-Bear country, and offers significant beginning level grind as well as provides the fact no one hunts us in the south. Join the LazyBums Ding Dong Penis builders south. It's stiff.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Also Crafting Leveling Sheet for LazyBums:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OJhI8HPMeyk41ZFl922m2IH1u1wYWSgfqeNrK9yTDLc/edit?usp=sharing

I Moved inactive goons to the bottom and left ample space for anyone new interested in joining our troupe of bums.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
South base is great for low level grinding.. I must admit.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Thread dead

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Goon rush over,
all that remained,
was goon zeal.

- Dodgin

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010

FireWhizzle posted:

Goon rush over,
all that remained,
was goon zeal.

- Dodgin

gently caress, just as I was getting hyped I keep scrolling and get let down. I hate you all.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Forgotton posted:

gently caress, just as I was getting hyped I keep scrolling and get let down. I hate you all.

Alas my friend video gaming is dead

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
game dead, so what

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I kicked a bunch of inactives to revert their building ownership to me, to make sure the north base stuff all stays uneaten by rats in case they ever change that mechanic and I would have had to kick you later. If you do log back in after your monthlong absences and wish to play some more, let me know so I can get you in for app/invite.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
The Pubbie Thunderdome Experience:

1. 2. 3.

4. 5. 6.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus..

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

is that you judas?

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
hi guys. this game seemed precisely lovely enough for me to want to play it, so i downloaded it, and i cant wait to be disappointed. ive spent my first moments in the game using all my fist points to punch everything in sight, and eating maggots.

also, are you guys still located at the spot in the op?

a digital orc fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 3, 2016

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like you are off to a good start. Embrace the disappointment and it will accept you with open arms. North is still primary base and where you would need to go and get accepted into guild. South is where you go to level your craft in relative peace and quiet. And I do mean relative.. by peace we don't worry much about being attacked externally.

Get in Discord, profess your love for Lowtax and ask for help.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 3, 2016

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

http://www.treeoflifeforum.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3785

quote:

Users who play Tree of Life for the first time will start in the neutral camp. If you’re in the neutral camp, you won’t be attacked or stolen by anyone, and you’re not able to attack anyone.

So we have 3 war camps left: war camp, merchant camp and pirate camp.

You can say that you’re their friend if they and you’re in the same side. You can’t attack their buildings and characters, if not on guild war. However, you can attack buildings and characters in the opposite side even though you’re not on guild war.
You can declare war on a guild in your side. If a guild in opposite side declares war on you, you can’t refuse that. You guild will be ranked by your guild score, then if your guild is ranked high on the guild war rank, you will get big rewards.

You have two choices. Stay in the neutral camp, or move to the war camp. It’s up to you, you can change your camp freely, but if you want to move to another side, you should take penalties first.
There's no way that unattackable walls can or will go wrong.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

http://www.treeoflifeforum.net/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3785

There's no way that unattackable walls can or will go wrong.

Sounds like he/she is trying to describe factions

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

FireWhizzle posted:

Sounds like he/she is trying to describe factions
And if you stay neutral it sounds like your stuff might just be plain indestructible.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

And if you stay neutral it sounds like your stuff might just be plain indestructible.

rip game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

a digital orc posted:

hi guys. this game seemed precisely lovely enough for me to want to play it, so i downloaded it, and i cant wait to be disappointed. ive spent my first moments in the game using all my fist points to punch everything in sight, and eating maggots.

also, are you guys still located at the spot in the op?

hop in the discord server and there is a channel with all the maps and everything... live help, 24/hr techsupport, etc.

• Locked thread