Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Unbelievable. I knew that it was pointless to hope that Arsene would sign someone, and yet I went ahead and hoped anyway. Foolish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

When did the ozil signing become public? After the deadline?

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

Wow. I thought there was a glimmer of hope for some last minute signings. Really Gaal? Hope we set a new record for lowest scoring season, most goals conceded, most injuries and fastest time taken to crash out of 4 competitions.

Obsessed with Ramos, Muller and Bale for most of the summer and this is what we get.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Boro signed that Carlos de Pena in the end lol what a great story

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Bape Culture posted:

When did the ozil signing become public? After the deadline?

It was talked about a couple days before and was pretty eminent the entire deadline day

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Now we're apparently signing Matt Jarvis on a season long loan this is just bizarre we don't need another winger

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Bape Culture posted:

Boro signed that Carlos de Pena in the end lol what a great story

This is cool, I felt so sorry for him running around like that.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
Lol Anthony Martial lol.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
His name's not that funny

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dwight Tiendalli has had his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

Nathan Dyer is off to Leicester for the season (source: Angel Rangel).

Alex Samuel has moved to Greenock Morton FC until January.

Deadline Day!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ape Gone Insane posted:

Wow. I thought there was a glimmer of hope for some last minute signings. Really Gaal? Hope we set a new record for lowest scoring season, most goals conceded, most injuries and fastest time taken to crash out of 4 competitions.

I hope this is how Manchester United's season goes too.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I really hope that gamble by United fails, especially with the #9 poo poo, a statement, yadda yadda

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

EvilHawk posted:

Chelsea have signed Michael Hector and, in a surprising twist, will be loaned back to Reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_F.C.#Out_on_loan

32 players.

It's fun to click random names like Ulises Davila and Tomas Kalas and see that Chelsea bought them in 2010 and they have spent five years out on loan.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Blue Star Error posted:

Now we're apparently signing Matt Jarvis on a season long loan this is just bizarre we don't need another winger

Jarvis is poo poo

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Martial has completed 6 full games in his whole career. Only started half of Monaco's league games last season. Cost more than Sergio Aguero

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

straight up brolic posted:

Martial has completed 6 full games in his whole career. Only started half of Monaco's league games last season. Cost more than Sergio Aguero

It's loving insane, especially if that line about United not even being interested in him before Chelsea started sniffing around is true.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol and they gave him the #9 shirt too

He's going to have to reach CRon levels of success or this is going to be seen as a massive blunder

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

T Bowl posted:

:ughh:

quote:

HOW THIS FOR A STAT?

Arsenal are the ONLY club in Europe’s top five leagues not to sign an outfield player this window.

Will that change before 6pm?

but things have changed! there's money to be spent now!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Fully sick

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

lol and they gave him the #9 shirt too

He's going to have to reach CRon levels of success or this is going to be seen as a massive blunder
No he isn't? What a stupid thing to say. If he plays well and develops into a good striker it will have been a fine, if slightly expensive transfer. He doesn't need to become the best player in the world to justify a price of £36m.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paperhouse posted:

No he isn't? What a stupid thing to say. If he plays well and develops into a good striker it will have been a fine, if slightly expensive transfer. He doesn't need to become the best player in the world to justify a price of £36m.

lol nice meltdown

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
it was

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Paperhouse posted:

He's gonna be poo poo

lost the plot

lol

pooshited

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

quote:

Manchester United notes Real Madrid’s statement on the attempt to sign David De Gea and sell Navas to Manchester United. The Club feels compelled to provide some clarification with the following facts.

• Manchester United did not seek contact from Real Madrid for the sale of David. David is a key member of our squad and the club’s preference was not to sell.

• No offer was received for David until yesterday.

• At lunchtime yesterday, Real Madrid made its first offer to buy David. A deal was agreed between the clubs, which included Navas being transferred to Old Trafford. The deals were dependent on each other.

• In the last several hours of the process, with Navas at the Real Madrid training ground, Real Madrid were controlling the documentation processes of David, Navas and Real Madrid. Manchester United was in control only of the documentation of Manchester United.

• Manchester United sent transfer documents for both players to Real Madrid at 2042 BST. David’s documentation was returned by Real Madrid to Manchester United without the signatory page at 2232 BST.

• At 22:40 BST, minutes before the deadline, major changes to the documentation came through to Manchester United which immediately put the deals at risk.

• Only at 2255 BST were the documents that are needed to cancel David’s contract received by Manchester United from Real Madrid.

• At this point Navas’ documentation was still not returned by Real Madrid.

• At 2258 BST, the transfer agreement was sent back by Manchester United, uploaded onto TMS and accepted – all before the deadline.

• It is our understanding that the deals couldn’t happen because:

- Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents onto TMS in time (Manchester United did)

- Real Madrid didn’t upload David’s documents to the Spanish league in time, per reports it seems some 28 minutes after the deadline

• The fact that Manchester United filed the papers on time was acknowledged by the Football Association, who offered to support that claim in any discussions with FIFA. The Club offered this assistance, as well as its own timestamped documents to Real Madrid but they have chosen not to go down this route.

Manchester United acts appropriately and efficiently in its transfer dealings. The Club is delighted that its fan-favourite double Player of the Year, David de Gea, remains a Manchester United player.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

Ape Gone Insane fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 1, 2015

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/638779448125456384?s=09

Right

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Reading have signed vydra so will now score all the goals and hell, win the league

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

I believe the Red Devils. Real Madrid are the ones who are fail

Ape Gone Insane
Dec 10, 2010

PirateBob posted:

I believe the Red Devils. Real Madrid are the ones who are fail

They certainly seem to have the proof in the backing of the FA and the timestamps. Makes Madrid look really ugly in this. Wonder if the Spanish press will continue to blame United.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Idk it was pretty clear Arsenal weren't going to buy anyone, not sure why anyone expected much different.

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

With Joleon Lescott arriving and the impending loan signing of Tiago Ilori from Liverpool, Villa's march to the title is on.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Francois_Dillinger posted:

With Joleon Lescott arriving and the impending loan signing of Tiago Ilori from Liverpool, Villa's march to the title is on.
we really need to not get relegated, because the new money comes in next season

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

we really need to not get relegated, because the new money comes in next season

I never said which title.

For some reason I was under the impression the new sky deal cash was coming into play this season. Oh gently caress.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Jarvis is poo poo

I'm not even sure its happening now, Anglia News reported it which normally means its happening but now nothing, just news that we've shipped out two more players on loan

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Disappointed no supporters stepped up to harass the Sky people this window.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

meat CRime posted:

Disappointed no supporters stepped up to harass the Sky people this window.

Sky pussied out in the January window and started putting their reporters in safe places so scallies can't hit them with dildos.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Bea Nanner posted:

Idk it was pretty clear Arsenal weren't going to buy anyone, not sure why anyone expected much different.

possibly because every other team in 1st div england, spain, italy, france, and germany bought a striker/midfielder/defender

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
it looks to me like Real hosed it up intentionally because they didnt want to spend 30m on a keeper thats available for free in a year, whose 24, and who wouldnt be a massive upgrade.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

EC10 posted:

it looks to me like Real hosed it up intentionally because they didnt want to spend 30m on a keeper thats available for free in a year, whose 24, and who wouldnt be a massive upgrade.

Yeah that sounds like a thing that a club does, as opposed to, I don't know, not making a bid at all.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm not even sure its happening now, Anglia News reported it which normally means its happening but now nothing, just news that we've shipped out two more players on loan

DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/NorwichCityFC/status/638790001032085504

Holy poo poo we managed to get rid of Nolan, Maiga, Jarvis and Cole at the same time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It turns out Mourinho left Madrid's computers loaded with spyware and periodically logs in to mess with them.

• Locked thread