Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Soylent Green posted:

Boric has been on loan all season at Bournemouth anyway, where he has performed really well. Injury problems and occasional mental decision aside (the same as he's always had in him once or twice a season) he was great for Southampton as well. He only lost his place through injury I think.

He was fine for us and certainly better than Davis or Gazzaniga, he's good enough for a Premier League side but not one trying to get as high up the table as Southampton are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Liverpool had a 10mil bid rejected for Clyne lol

Why do they think they can possibly sign him? He'd walk into Utd and City's team. Liverpool is nothing but a sideways move

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Why do they think they can possibly sign him? He'd walk into Utd and City's team. Liverpool is nothing but a sideways move

Agreed, no team should ever try to sign better players

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Bogan Krkic posted:

Agreed, no team should ever try to sign better players

but every team has better players than they do

(managers too)

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

United aren't interested and City don't want him.

Other Liverpool rumours you can expect to hear about over the next few months:
Ings
Milner
Benteke
Kovacic

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

So we've had pages and pages in the Premier League thread about how Liverpool are not buying players who are good enough, but when they go after one who might be, they're stupid for even trying?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I don't think Benteke would go to Liverpool. Would probably only agree to terms with a big club.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm hearing all the same names linked to Liverpool but I have a question.

Who should Liverpool sign to fill the gaps that need filling and who would realistically go to them and do a good job?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sad King Billy posted:

Who should Liverpool sign to fill the gaps that need filling and who would realistically go to them and do a good job?

Messi could probably do a job for them up front when sturridge is injured

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Liverpool are a garbage team with a garbage manager and garbage bitch fans and won't sign any good players except maybe Danny Ings

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Supposedly Bayern's top transfer targets for this window are di Maria, Griezmann and de Bruyne.

I don't think / hope we'll sign any of them.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Dunban posted:

Supposedly Bayern's top transfer targets for this window are di Maria, Griezmann and de Bruyne.

I don't think / hope we'll sign any of them.

Supporting a team where you "hope" you don't sign De Bruyne and Griezmann must be amazing.

No one wants Di Maria though lol

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

straight up brolic posted:

I don't think Benteke would go to Liverpool. Would probably only agree to terms with a big club.

I very much doubt he'd say no if Liverpool offered him Januzaj money (and none of the big teams were matching it)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope we don't lose Fabian Delph to Barca, or PSG. Heard it might be happening though.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

Supporting a team where you "hope" you don't sign De Bruyne and Griezmann must be amazing.

No one wants Di Maria though lol

While both are good players, they're ridiculously overpriced. Wolfsburg wants 80 million € for de Bruyne and Griezmann's price tag is apparently somewhere in that range as well.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Dunban posted:

While both are good players, they're ridiculously overpriced. Wolfsburg wants 80 million € for de Bruyne and Griezmann's price tag is apparently somewhere in that range as well.

why do you care about the finances of Bayern Munich lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

THATCHER BRAINWASH posted:

why do you care about the finances of Bayern Munich lol

There's only so much we can spend in one transfer window and I'd rather not see us spend nearly all of that budget on one player.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'd like Benteke but I honestly don't think Rodgers would be able to use him well and everyone would just lol about how Liverpool ruined another good player.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

vyelkin posted:

I'd like Benteke but I honestly don't think Rodgers would be able to use him well and everyone would just lol about how Liverpool ruined another good player.

they would

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mickolution posted:

So we've had pages and pages in the Premier League thread about how Liverpool are not buying players who are good enough, but when they go after one who might be, they're stupid for even trying?

I think maybe 10 mil for Clyne is slightly less that what he is worth

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Twat le Piss posted:

I think maybe 10 mil for Clyne is slightly less that what he is worth

Perhaps, but it's an initial bid. Lets see where it goes from here.

Isn't he going into the last year of his contract?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
As time approaches infinity, the probability of a Liverpool player having previously played for Southampton approaches 1.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

As time approaches infinity, the probability of a Liverpool player having previously played for Southampton approaches 1.

This is canon

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mickolution posted:

Perhaps, but it's an initial bid. Lets see where it goes from here.

Isn't he going into the last year of his contract?

He is, yes and i'm not saying this is the official club stance on the matter, but:

"If this is true it is now time to tar and feather Brenda and hang him from the Itchen Bridge. Is he deluded or what? Clyne has to be worth £20m+ and as we don't want to sell him that's £25m."

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sad King Billy posted:

Don't know about the who, but striker, left back, right back and a centre back have to be top of the list to fill the current gaps.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Hmm yes this top quality young right back, of which there aren't many in England, is for sure worth less than Joe Allen"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

blue footed boobie posted:

Hi I'm here I don't actually have anything to say about transfers.

you were crying like a b*tch for this thread. post your rumors.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

tbp posted:

they think 'le Coq' is good enough to paper over the cracks leading to their bimonthly embarrassments so they won't sign anyone useful

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

tbp posted:

I don't have any!!!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

I don't have any!!!

Tell us about Jackson "Cha Cha Cha" Martinez.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

I don't have any!!!

Then make some up like everybody else.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Yoshinori 'Adrian' Muto to Mainz FC and not Chelsea is a done deal.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I want James Milner to sign a new five year contract in my heart.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Clyne only has one more year on his current contract which is probably why Liverpool lowballed for him.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Not a surprise, but Juve's sporting director Beppe Marotta confirmed to the press today that Khedira on a free transfer is basically done.

The other transfer Juve has non bolded text finished is Dybala from Palermo for somewhere north of €30m.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Dunban posted:

There's only so much we can spend in one transfer window and I'd rather not see us spend nearly all of that budget on one player.

Id love more old Spanish midgets imo jimo

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11640710/Chelsea-open-talks-to-sign-Radamel-Falcao-from-Monaco.html

:sun:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

ah yes

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

he's apparently so keen to link up with Mourinho that he's unironically willing to accept less per week than Eden Hazard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

"reduced terms" = £25 gift card at sainsbury's

• Locked thread