Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(thank you nine-gear crow!)

Welcome to the New LPs thread!

Ever had that moment when you can't find the new let's plays on the forum? Did you create a thread and are worried that it will get buried or that no one will notice it? Is your LP part of a megathread and you want others to know about it? Are you playing a new expansion for the game? Do you think your thread title is too small to describe your let's play? Fear no more! The New LPs thread is here to help!

Quick Links: SSLP Test PosterRulesLP ArchiveMaster ListThe SandcastleTech Support FortRequest and Recomendation ThreadLet's Play RSS feed

About
This thread is meant to help viewers find the newest LPs on the forum. When someone creates a thread (or posts a new LP on a megathread) on the forum, they can then come here and put up a link to their threads (or their new LP on a megathread) with a small blurb about the LP. You can use an image if you want too.

Rules
Please only post here if;
  • You have started a new thread, or
  • You have started a new game in a multi-game thread, or
  • Your thread has meaningfully rebooted (eg, you have moved to a new thread, or restarted an LP considered abandoned), or
  • You have posted a new LP as part of a current megathread (e.g. RPG Maker games, etc)
If you want to discuss this thread, please do so in the Sandcastle, not in this thread.

Post example:

quote:

Thread/megathread title with a link
Game name

Small description about your LP here

(You can insert a small image in your post as well)

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Fedule posted:

Any post in this thread that isn't informing of a new LP gets you an instant probation!

Fedule posted:

I cannot believe this needs to be explicitly stated but here we are;

Just like the entire rest of the LP subforum, this is not the venue to pimp your YouTube channel. Channel link without a thread = probation!
:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
reserved

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

All right then, don't mind if I do!

Fire Emblem: Binding Blade. Yes, the one with Roy in it.

This will be a relaxed, mostly-blind run of the sixth Fire Emblem game using the newest translation and maybe just a tiny little bit of romhacking shenanigans to spice things up. It won't be super informative, but hopefully we can have some fun while I bumble about and discover for myself just how bad Roy really is.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

I'm not sure at which point things are not considered "new", mabey add that to the OP, anyways, this is about 2 weeks old, but I'll :justpost:

Our Tunic is Green, but our B button is red. Let's Play Ocarina of Time: Master Quest

This is a 100% run through of Master Quest involving the abuse of multiple glitches throughout. We will still be doing dungeons in mostly story order, but we visit places at the wrong times quite often. I'll try to be as informative as possible with the glitches/bugs I use, and my co-commentator Zarin is around to keep me sane.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Destroying the Core Since 1985: Let's Play 30 Years of Gradius!

Gradius turned 30 on May 29, 2015. To celebrate, I've started a thread that will cover around 30 games in the series. Videos will encompass one loop of the entire game. The thread also has information about the game's mechanics, the various game soundtracks, and details about the development of these games that are a beloved part of the shmup genre.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Big Scary Owl posted:

(if someone can please help with a better banner)

Get nine-gear crow to do it.

crow? Are you there?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Alpha Protocol is a spy RPG made by Obsidian Entertainment in the Mass Effect 1 engine. It's awesome and I want to play through it and also LP it because heck why not. I'll be playing and providing informational commentary while my friend tungsten watches my playthrough blind. It's a conversational LP, but I'll be providing commentary free cutscenes in a separate video for each episode for those who want to listen to the dialogue.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 17, 2015

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let's Play Dark Souls 1 & 2 Together: It is only human... to commit a sin

So I'm playing Dark Souls with a gimmick, you guys get to vote on every NPC, invade, be summoned whatever, I stream once a week so you guys can hop in on the action, and I'm letting pretty much anyone commentate if they want (at least once, no promises on getting invited back!) I've recently re-done all of my videos so they don't sound and seem like crap, so if you watched it yesterday and got super turned off I'd try it again today! I'm doing the Dual Commentary thing that seems to be all the rage these days.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
smeg
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723446

let's be honest y'all have nothing better to do if you're reading this

Boss Wiggler posted:

I AM OUT OF TISSUE BOXES. HELP ME MY WHOLE HOUSE IS PAINTED WHITE.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

(if someone can please help with a better banner)

Blind Sally posted:

Get nine-gear crow to do it.

crow? Are you there?

Behold.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
[cut]

Ghostwoods fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 2, 2015

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Housekeeping.

The excitement of a new header image is quite understandable and I sympathise if it caused y'all to not notice this

Big Scary Owl posted:

Rules
*Discussions about this thread goes in the Sandcastle (to not clutter the thread)

Or this:

Fedule posted:

Any post in this thread that isn't informing of a new LP gets you an instant probation!

So please stay strictly on topic from here on out.

Also, I'm removing this rule from the OP because it's kinda self-evident and will become entirely redundant as time passes:

quote:

*You can only post about LPs that are newer than the creation date of this thread

Some leeway will be allowed for threads started around the same time as this one (say, a week prior) if the OP in question wants.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
All right, in that case here's my... LP. Calling it a Let's Play may be a misnomer because no one's actually playing WWE2k14, the game in question, no... this is LPFWA - The true path to being an LP Superstar.

A fake internet wrestling promotion in which you may be the star! The idea is that we let the AI duke it out with custom characters and watch it. The game has a Create-a-story mode that even allows us to write dumb stories surrounding our Wrestling avatars. Right now we're still far from the limit of characters (the total is 100) so if you wanna join in with your guy or gal, contribute in another way or just wanna enjoy the show you totally can. It's streamed most weeks but videos are uploaded to youtube the day after streams.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I don't like this. Or you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Harry Potter and the Electronic Arts

HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE (Game Boy Color)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philospher's Stone in places outside the United States) is the first book in the series, released in the UK in 1997. It got a movie, and a video game on seven different platforms. This is the Game Boy Color one. It is an RPG. I enjoyed it thoroughly as a kid. It's not terrible but it's not super fantastic either. Its spell system would confound RPG players. It is fairly easy, especially if you grind. But I love it all the same.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I started a playthrough of Spec Ops: The Line that I would love for you to join me for. Let's save Dubai together, friends. Click the header to go to the thread.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Panzer General

I started a run of the classic beer-and-pretzels wargame Panzer General (using Panzer General Forever, a gameplay-exact remake). I'm doing a victory campaign where we'll eventually defeat the Soviet Union, the UK, and then the US, but will also do a few one-off battles from other routes. Updates are roughly weekly; I hope to maintain that pace better than I did with the Allied General. At least this one is only one country.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Goonfleet Command- A Seekreig 4 (Tabletop Goon v.s Goon Naval Combat) LP.

I was inspired by Grey Hunter's lp of Spearpoint Great War, so I'm going for the naval counterpart, Seekreig! Players will command fleets of battleships and crusiers in the era of history when those we're the go to ships and duke it out.

We're still looking for players to fill command slots so sign up if you'd like to lead goonships!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

im playing the 3d remake of ff4 the after years

spoilers: it's bad
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724170

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Myself and my comrade in anime DA PANET EARF suck it down (all of it) in JOHN ROMERO'S DAIKATANA

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723899

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

Anyone who has any experience with the Skate series will know how broken EVERYTHING is. We'll be attempting to actually get to the end of the game, rather than getting distracted by all the easily-done glitches. I expect that we'll have some trouble.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724298

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3724420

Mischief Makers is the best game on the N64, come join me on this magical journey of racist magical girl robots, perverted old men and endless armies of hollow-faced clay men.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(click the image to go to the thread)

The game is more or less your bog standard RPG game along the same lines as Divinity and Mass Effect's mechanics but not as long or as expansive in it's story telling. That however, is made up for in it's rather "unique" approach to fantasy tropes when it comes to the main plot.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

(Last Train)

An honest-to-god super-obscure PS1 sound novel, and a translation LP for a game I haven't actually played.

Technically, I did one update of this about a year ago and promptly abandoned the thread. I now finally have the time to give it the proper attention (I hope), and so here is a brand new revived thread with a second update!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

I run through Final Fantasy V with a solo Berserker but with access to all abilities. I'm going to suffer and it's going to be fun! For you, probably not so much for me.

rojovision
May 13, 2015

Don't tell anybody!

I just started up an LP of Die By The Sword, a classic hack 'n slash game for the PC. Prepare for many deaths. Mostly mine, probably.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

I started a LP of Waking Mars today. It's a short atmospheric game where a scientist explores a cave on Mars and meets alien plants.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

So I stared a LP of Lifesigns: Hospital Affairs (or Lifesigns: Surgical Unit, as it's know in the US). It's a Nintendo DS game which is in a way a bit of a cross between the Trauma Centre series and the Phoenix Wright series (not to mention one small par dating sim!). It's a sequel to a game that was never released outside of Japan, but there are not many references so that's not a big issue. It's interesing to note that that prequel actually predates the Trauma Centre series, but this sequel was only released in the west after the relative success of those!

So if that sounds interesting to you, feel free to join in over here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725760

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 18, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I'm doing a somewhat skilful run-through (I'm good at video games, trust me) of Bulletstorm. Joining me are people way funnier than I am making good jokes. Of course there's cut versions of all the videos so you can hear the witty dialogue, because it deserves being heard. Here, click this

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Don't forget a link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723864 !

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

I'm blind LPing every single Pikmin game, aided by my good friend, forums poster gnome7! Its gonna be a lot of fun and I hope you join me by clicking that adorable little banner up there!

AdamSandlerRobocop
Jun 20, 2015

souls are one when entangled in the battlefield of pure friendship

DoReMi Fantasy is a platforming SNES game of the fantastical sort, released in the 90s by Hudson Soft, the same guys who made Bomberman. Cute, light and moderately fun, I'm going to be playing blind through this game with a rotating cast of characters.

JOIN US AS WE TRAVEL TO THE DOKIVERSE

Fionordequester
Dec 27, 2012

Actually, I respectfully disagree with you there. For as obviously flawed as this game is, there ARE a lot of really good things about it. The presentation and atmosphere, for example, are the most immediate things. No other Yu-Gi-Oh game goes out of the way to really make

Hello everyone, and welcome to a special Let's Play of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War! Yes, since Fire Emblem Appreciation Season seems to have been revitalized, I figured I would jump on and show YOU how to Max Rank this game, using the most efficient, most easily replicable strategies I could think of!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 21, 2015

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fionordequester posted:

Hello everyone, and welcome to a special Let's Play of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War! Yes, since Fire Emblem Appreciation Season seems to have been revitalized, I figured I would jump on and show YOU how to Max Rank this game, using the most efficient, most easily replicable strategies I could think of!
That is a really really good PNG of the game's opening screen. Do you have anything to go along with it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Fionordequester posted:

Link: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3726378

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Red Winter is a war game about a hilariously lopsided battle during the Winter War wherein the invading Soviets got their teeth kicked in despite enjoying a 3:1 numerical superiority, a monopoly on tanks and carrying a ton of artillery. This thread is about playing that game with goons in charge. Come for the bickering, stay for the frostbite.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's been more than two years coming, but I've started playing Shivering Isles in my Oblivion thread.

In case you don't know what Shivering Isles is, it's a really, really well-made expansion centered around insanity. It's not connected to the rest of the game, so feel free to jump in even if you haven't been following the LP!

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 23, 2015

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

How was your June Christmas? Are you enjoying your June Boxing Day? How about spending part of it with this lovely game for the Nintendo DS. You won't be disappointed!

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

This thread is classified -Let's play Covert Action (SSLP)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3728317

Babby's first LP, Sid Meier's Covert Action in screen shot format. Come for the intrigue and espionage, stay for the chain of failures that are guaranteed to happen. Watch! As intelligence dossiers and files flood your screen. The villains will drown us in paperwork. Also some shooty bits and code breaking involved. Amateur hour has begun. You have been warned.